Blind Dates !

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Blind Dates !

Remember those 1rnfl

I'm trying to keep the Singles Forum alive, so this topic just came to mind.

Remember those dreaded blind dates from when we were younger? Do people still do that?

Do y'all have any amusing or memorable stories about your past blind dates that you can share with us ?

My first blind date was when I was around 14ish and we went to Coney Island, of course; but that date was not memorable. When I was an immature 17-year-old, there was an unforgettable blind-date, but I'll wait to see what others say first

Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Sage
Default Re: Blind Dates !

OOO Coney!

Im not single but when I saw this topic I just had to comment, brought back a very unpleasant memory.

I was fixed up by a girlfriend for a Sat. nite date, I will make it short, he brought me home kissed me goodnight and the next morning I woke up with sores covering the inside of my mouth.

YUK!! It was trenchmouth! Needless to say a quick trip to the dentist was in order.Fortunately trenchmouth(whatever that is?) :dontknow: is cured very easily and quickly with the proper mouthwash. :

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:22 PM

Coney
THANKS FOR KEEPING SINGLES ALIVE. I was married to my high school sweetheart so I cant even remember a blind date. The funny thing is I'm more worried about dating now. The thought of it scares me to death. I'm not ready yet (I think) but It gives me the shivers to think about. When I became a widower I thought I could be alone for ever but It's 3 years now and I can tell you now,being alone sucks.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Gold member

Hi CIBabe,

Didn't have all that many blind dates over the years and cannot remember any bad ones, at all. In fact, I think they can be a lot of fun considering the anticipation. I would say that for a shy person it is probably VERY intimidating, but for someone not so shy I think they would look at it as an opportunity for an interesting encounter.

When you 14 and went on yours, did you end up on the parachute jump? Did he, at least, treat you to a Nathan's? They STILL have the best fries!!!

I'm hearing on the national weather report that you're having some heat up your way again today...is that correct? How in the heck are we going to get that place of your's sold?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

This blind-date-topic is not just for singles, I only posted it here to keep the Singles Forum alive :

OK, Nonie, since you reported on your yuckyy blind date..... I'll 'fess up on mine, although mine is kinda embarrassing - cuz I did a bad thing!

The girlfriend who set-me-up was with her fella (who she was engaged to) and I was going to meet his friend, for a double-date. We all met, all went into NYC to go see "The Rainmaker" movie with Burt Lancaster. OMG....... without going into details....... I guess we didn't like our guys and I don't even remember why! Being the immature girls we were, during the intermission - we conspired in the ladies' rest room to skip out on them (and we did!)

Over the years, I've been remorseful for that action, as it was so immature, so mean, so unlike my true nature. Guys..... whoever you are..... I'M SORRY!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

tkret..... YES, it's very hot in my neck of the woods; yesterday it was 101 in my town but it's a dry heat (no humidity). It is so dry that there is an extreme fire alert. The air is very hazy from the California fires (still burning in n/CA).

As far as selling my house ..... no response at all to my FSBO so I guess TV will be a future option and TOTV will be my inspiration. Do you have an ETA (estimated time of arrival) for relocation ?? Like I said elsewhere, I'll have to live vicariously through your adventures and those of the other TV residents having all the fun :

Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM

Hi CIB .... I was married very young (we eloped) and I have never been on a blind date. Jim (fly boy--hubby) had a brain tumor and died 7 years ago, and I haven't dated yet blind or open-eyed ???

Why don't you come for a life style visit? I would love to meet you---and the rest of the singles folks.

md blondie
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Sage

Coney,

Isnt it strange how much we regret our childish cruel actions once we uhummm mature!

I hope your skipping out on them didnt give them an inferiority complex for life!!!

I did some pretty mean things as well in those days, I hope we are forgiven!!!

I love this topic and think it could be halarious if some of us fess up and tell their stories! LOL

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM

I haven't been on "blind" dates so to speak but I have been on dates with guys I "met" through internet dating services. I really didn't have any bad experiences because I always communicated (by phone or e-mail) long enough to be comfortable before actually meeting them. While none of them were "the one" I did enjoy meeting them- I have gone sailing, golfing, out to eat, etc.- activities that are fun when shared. As far as an actual "blind date" goes, my friends know better than to try to fix me up- whenever anyone says "you just HAVE to meet this person" is usually is someone no one else would want anything to do with. I just politely decline and tell them I would rather find my own dates.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

I never had a blind date. I had a couple of "dates "before I met Ed at 16".
Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIslandBabe
This blind-date-topic is not just for singles, I only posted it here to keep the Singles Forum alive :

OK, Nonie, since you reported on your yuckyy blind date..... I'll 'fess up on mine, although mine is kinda embarrassing - cuz I did a bad thing!

The girlfriend who set-me-up was with her fella (who she was engaged to) and I was going to meet his friend, for a double-date. We all met, all went into NYC to go see "The Rainmaker" movie with Burt Lancaster. OMG....... without going into details....... I guess we didn't like our guys and I don't even remember why! Being the immature girls we were, during the intermission - we conspired in the ladies' rest room to skip out on them (and we did!)

Over the years, I've been remorseful for that action, as it was so immature, so mean, so unlike my true nature. Guys..... whoever you are..... I'M SORRY!

Oh, my Goodness, ConeyIsBabe was THAT you???? Ok, you're forgiven.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Veteran member

tkret......... gee ...... THANKX !

I only hope the two guys we left in the theatre have really forgiven us! At the time, (it must have been around 1956-57) my girlfriend and I thought what we did was so funny, but in retrospect.... we were just two insensitive, dumb teenagers with bad manners!

C'mon peeps..... any other blind date stories to share ?

I did have another blind date in 1980, but I'm gonna wait until others 'fess up first before I tell
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

I've never had a blind date. All my dates had good eyesight.

OMG did I really, really say that? Am sooo ashamed..... :redface: :redface:

That definitely is a GROANER, yet I couldn't resist sharing with you. : : :

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

I've only gone on two blind dates, both in the early 70's. The first one was horrible! I did a favor for a girlfriend. She had a date with this jerk, but her favorite guy (who she later married) called at the last minute and asked her out. She desperately wanted to go with "fav guy", but didn't want to just cancel on the jerk. So, she asked me if I would go out with the jerk. To help her out, I said yes. UGH! What a mistake! The guy was overweight, wore floodwater pants (too short) with light blue socks, that didn't go up as high as his floodwater pants! His car was filthy. I tried to get him to take me to my hangout nightclub, cause I was going to have the bouncers (my buddies) kick him out. But, no, he wanted to go up to Lake George. While walking along the main strip, he picks me up and carries me. : Oh, I was sooooooo embarrassed. Then, on the way home, once we hit town, he purposely tries to catch every red light ... and tries kissing me. YECH! I later asked my girlfriend why she would go out with such a creep. She says it's because he takes her to nice places. IMHO, that's not a good reason to date a person.

The second blind date really was fine. A guy at work had a friend from his bowling league, and fixed me up to go to the bowling banquet with this guy. He was very nice...was studying pharmacology. We had an ok/good time. The problem was me. He was too nice. At that time of my life I only liked "bad boys", and he wasn't one.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Sage

i had a blind date about two years after my husband passed away (12 years ago) because my friend who knew my husband and adored him kept telling me that this fellow was "just like georges", looked like him, great sense of humor, etc...so i agreed. of course it was a disappointment because probably no one could be like my husband. but the kicker was that this man not only did not look anything like georges, but told me he hadn't spoken to his own mother for about thirty years and did not care whether she was dead or alive, because she had not approved of his late wife. this was so totally unlike any man i would ever want to be with that i was really feeling blue afterward....things get better eventually. i have stopped trying to replace my lost love and give everyone a chance to be their own person.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.