Calling All Single Peeps .........

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Calling All Single Peeps .........

As far as I know you just have to be a single villager to be a member. There is another Villages single club that meets on the North side of 466. Their calendar is not up to date so not sure about it. http://thevillagessinglesclub.org/
Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
As far as I know you just have to be a single villager to be a member. There is another Villages single club that meets on the North side of 466. Their calendar is not up to date so not sure about it. http://thevillagessinglesclub.org/
Thanks for the info DickY. When I relocate I will contact the Club whether I'm in Sumter County or not. Really enjoyed reading about your participation in TV.... well done!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 AM

Hi ConeyIsBabe,
Thank you, I also retired on my birthday. Is't it frustrating waiting for your house to sell.I am so ready to move to TV. My mother was born in Brooklyn. I have only lived in Ma. so this move is big for me. I have been a single Mom for a long time. and now I want to do something different. Iwant to enjoy the rest of my life,and I think TV is that place.
The people there seem to be all so friendly and enjoy life.
Hope to see you when we get there.
jmemc
Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 AM

I believe the Villages Singles club has dropped their old website, and has this one now:
http://www.freewebs.com/thevillagess...arofevents.htm

(I'm not sure why they changed it.)

Next mtg is Monday July 7 6:30 at La Hacienda, and is a pot luck dinner.
I think you can either bring a dish to share or pay something (maybe $5.00? not sure about that)

New members can register and are welcome! Any questions - the officers names & phone numbers are listed on the site.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ
I believe the Villages Singles club has dropped their old website, and has this one now:
http://www.freewebs.com/thevillagess...arofevents.htm

(I'm not sure why they changed it.)

Next mtg is Monday July 7 6:30 at La Hacienda, and is a pot luck dinner.
I think you can either bring a dish to share or pay something (maybe $5.00? not sure about that)

New members can register and are welcome! Any questions - the officers names & phone numbers are listed on the site.
Hello PJ,
thank you for giving us the new website. I had been wondering what happened to it when I could no longer access it on the web. The new site looks great and thanks, also, for the information relating to the meetings. Before too long I'll be joining if they'll have me! ;D
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Gold member

DickY

I checked out the bylaws for Sumter Singles on their website

( http://www.sumtersingles.org/index.html )

and you are correct that the club is open to all singles residing in The Villages.

Thanks, again, for posting the website.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe
tkret........ thanks for your support & suggestion.

I'm also a "wannabee" but not having any luck with my Oregon home/property on the market. However, when the time comes for me to be able to live in TV..... I would feel so much more comfortable having already made contact with and knowing exactly what my options are for making new friends. It's always daunting when moving to a new place and knowing nobody, especially as a single person without the support of a spouse.

I've already learned from this forum about the "Single Sports Social Womens Club" which sounds like a great outlet for activities and new friends, not just singles.

So, peeps......... start a new topic in this Singles Forum to keep it going ;D

P.S. Graduated from Wm. H. Taft HS in '56
ConeyIsBabe,
I was wondering if you have given any thought to maybe turning your home over to a realtor to try that avenue for a sale ??
Tom
Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

Moose....... I HAVE consulted a realtor from Help-U-Sell who suggested my "asking price" start at 450k, so I made a feeble attempt at a FSBO with a 30-day ad in the local paper and 2 internet sites, with no results.

The huge problem I'm facing is a glut of homes on the market in my area and the median sales price is around 250k. Most people are looking for CHEAP and are not willing to spend more for quality, charm & character -which my property offers. I've decided to hang out for another winter in the frozen tundra and when I'm really desperate I'll sign up with a realtor and ask a more realistic price, however I won't sell for less than I paid, regardless of the market. :dontknow: BAD TIMING :
Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe
Moose....... I HAVE consulted a realtor from Help-U-Sell who suggested my "asking price" start at 450k, so I made a feeble attempt at a FSBO with a 30-day ad in the local paper and 2 internet sites, with no results.

The huge problem I'm facing is a glut of homes on the market in my area and the median sales price is around 250k. Most people are looking for CHEAP and are not willing to spend more for quality, charm & character -which my property offers. I've decided to hang out for another winter in the frozen tundra and when I'm really desperate I'll sign up with a realtor and ask a more realistic price, however I won't sell for less than I paid, regardless of the market. :dontknow: BAD TIMING :
Here is a solution! Go to the lender and get a 100% loan, then make one payment (to avoid fraud charges) and then just walk away. LOL, ok just kidding but its a scene being repeated time and again these days as some people discover they owe more on their house than they can get for it, thus they "can't afford to sell". Most prevalent of course in California, Miami Metro, and Las Vegas.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Veteran member

BUMP !

The Villages Florida

It's kinda quiet in the Singles Forum lately. Whatcha'all singles up to ? It's very hot & dry in my area.

Yesterday I Rode the Rogue on a jetboat and that was very FUN! If you wanna know what a jetboat is .... go to hellgate.com and check it out. The next time you visit s/Oregon you must ride the jetboats :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Gold member

Hi CIBabe and all others,

I've been off the TOTV because I am currently in the Adirondack Mts at Long Lake. cell phone service is non-existant and the internet is only available when I can locate a WiFi.

Hope all is doing just great. Looks like I have a buyer for my home. Inspection went very well with NO additional corrections or improvements to be made. All parties are in agreement that a closing will take place next month.

So, ConeyIsBabe, instead of you holding a seat open for me at Town Square and the Singles' Clubs meetings, it looks like I'll have the pleasure of doing that for you.

Will soon be changing my sign-on from "Tkret" to "Gene" . Will "speak" soon if I can get another internet connection this week. The place is absolutely beautiful and I've got a great cabin right on the water's edge...in fact, that's the name of the joint, "The Water's Edge".
Take care of yourselves and really looking forward to meeting you all in person some day!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

tkret/Gene......... CONGRATULATIONS on the sale of your home, I'm so happy for you and I hope the closing goes well!

040 040 040 040 040

Please keep us informed of your progress up to becomming a TV resident and of life in TV thereafter.
I shall live vicariously through your reports
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM

tkret/Gene,
Congrats for getting a buyer for your house! That's quite an accomplishment in this market.

CIB, I hope you get a buyer soon also!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Veteran member

tkret, CONGRATS on selling your home! The Adirondacks...I'm going to miss them when I move. Will you? Do you live in New York? I'm in Albany.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Gold member

Greetings bestmickey, PJ, and, of course, CIBabe, and everyone

I had to cut my trip short because my dog (chow/shepherd mix) suffered an injury and I wanted to return to the southern part of NYS and have the vet take a look-see. It appears that he has torn ligaments but will recover. The poor guy is 15 years old and he slipped on some wet outdoor stairs falling back down the stairs. I sought out a vet at Long Lake but there was none and the closest was 22 miles away and not in the office for a couple of days. So, I thought it best to make the 5 hour trip back home. After some pain relievers and some arthritis medicine he is doing much better today. An examination showed no fractures or serious injury. He's always been such a mellow-fellow that I've referred to him as "the Will Rogers of the canine world" - he's never met another dog he didn't like!

bestmickey, I have returned temporarily to NYS after having lived in Colorado for 18 years and Arizona for 4. The Adirondacks are, indeed, fantastic and it's too bad that many people across the US believe that ALL of New York State is New York City. Couldn't be further from the truth as you know. Upstate NY is absolutely beautiful.

I very much appreciate your words of congratulations on the sale of my home. And, PJ, you are more than correct about getting it sold in this market especially when you consider that the house is in the Phoenix area. Didn't get anywhere near the price I wanted but still more than originally purchased for and enough to get to The Villages. The house is in an active adult community and was listed for close to two years...ouch! Due to some minor circumstances I won't be buying in TV for about 6 months but will be heading for a visit sometime in mid-September. Stay well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.