coming down for visit

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Default coming down for visit

headed down for a week stay in September. What can a 61 year on divorced male do other than golf and look for a home. I will welcome your feedback
Old 08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: coming down for visit

There are a lot of single, lovely and bright women here, who don't want to get married. Go to Katie Belles and be charming. You will enjoy us married couples too. We don't look at the world as married or single, just friends, at least the people I have met do. You won't believe how you will like this place. It truly is Paradise. Welcome! I think you should try to go the TOTV luncheon at Crispers. We are leaving and won't return until November and we won't make it. AGAIN!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

parks, if you dance or happen to like the oldies, you can go to the squares in the early evening. You can go bowling. You can eat dinner out with someone you have just met almost every meal. You can walk, jog, ride a bike. You can play cards or other games. In other words, you can pretty much do anything. Being single will not limit you. Your limitations will be time and energy. So, come on down and have some fun.

If you can't make Crispers, do a shout out and I'm sure a TOTV gathering will occur.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Sage

Parks,

Got to www.Virginiatrace.com and click on links to clubs.

You will be amazed at the number of clubs, activities and classes that are offered in The Villages. Thursdays Recreation News in the Daily Sun has a section devoted to these.

What are your interests? Im sure you will find a club or class for whatever your heart desires, and Gracie is right on about all the lovely single women. Be careful, if they find you you may not get a moments peace. (hope I didnt scare you).

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:44 PM

I just returned Fri. after three days. When looking for a home be sure to check www.thevillagesFSBO.com website as that is where I negotiated a great price for my cabot cove villa. These homes are for sale by owner and mine was willing to sell below her cost to get moving. Sales have picked up in TV esp. with Fall arriving. I signed the P & S ON Fri., closing via mail Sept.17 I spent time checking out home and golf cart insurance quotes so I can activate it via a phone call just before closing. Possibly check out the various golf carts, plenty of places on rt. 441, the further away from TV the better deal you'll get.I enjoyed the Sumter Landing evening live music with a friend, although there are plenty of sports bars which I will get to know loving my Boston sport's teams.. . When looking at homes, be sure to check where the waste water treatment plant is regarding your home as they are scatterred about the villages.Depending on the winds, you may have an unwanted"smell" blowing through village occassionally. Get a TV street map as I went around in circles one time and I thought I was good in directionality.I enjoyed driving around the neighborhoods to get a feel of the area, esp. the southern new development of retail stores along rt.466A for the Colony Plaza area to be developed. Everything is soooooooo green and beautiful, what a pleasure. I didn't have time to golf as I was so pack with getting this sale info but I look forward to hitting a few. The club houses of the country clubs have tv's for viewing. All the other posts have great ideas also. Have fun and good luck..
Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM

nannie, Thanks for all the information and will look into everything you stated. I'm sure I'll find the sport's bars my 1st day there and a golf partner to hang with.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

parks61:

First of all, to TOTV! It's a super place to learn important stuff about TV and its denizens!

A couple of mentions have already been made about the TOTV gathering at Crisper's. These fun get-togethers are on the third Friday (for you, that translates to Sep 19) at 3pm at Crisper's. Crisper's is at the far western end of the Southern Trace Shopping Plaza, just off CR466 at CR101.

You can just wander around either of the squares after 4pm or 5pm looking lost! Someone will take pity on you! :joke:

TV is wonderful!

SWR
Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Enjoy your visit parks61!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to tgelkamy

I'm in the same boat. I will be down on October 1st to Sumter Landing, staying at the Inn. I will be walking along looking lost, wearing a deputy sheriff's blue hat. Please say "hello Tom"
Old 08-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Default house sold, moving down Sept18-30

Look forward to enjoying my new life down there. Meanwhile I'm so stressed trying to get out of this house after three generations of stuff. Closing here next WEd., closing down there possibly Aug 29 or Sept. 17. We're trying to mover date up.SEE U ALL SOON!!

YIPEEEE!!!!!! ;D
Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
parks, if you dance or happen to like the oldies, you can go to the squares in the early evening. You can go bowling. You can eat dinner out with someone you have just met almost every meal. You can walk, jog, ride a bike. You can play cards or other games. In other words, you can pretty much do anything. Being single will not limit you. Your limitations will be time and energy. So, come on down and have some fun.

If you can't make Crispers, do a shout out and I'm sure a TOTV gathering will occur.
Getting close and I enjoy the dance - do you? I'll hit Crispers for sure....
Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Veteran member

Hi parks61 wav - Hi tgelkamy wav

I'm a wannabee, stuck in Oregon, hanging out at TOTV until the real estate market improves in my area. I look forward to reading everyone's posts on life in The Villages, Florida ;D
Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks61
Getting close and I enjoy the dance - do you? I'll hit Crispers for sure....
So, when's your due date? And don't all females love to dance? It's usually the male species that has issues with that. Looking forward to meeting you at Crispers.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to PGB

Heyy Parks61
I moved here second week of June. I love it down here. I'm a VA girl, love dancing and I have a HD Trike, so I love motorcycles. My bike however is still in VA but will be arriving
in November per friends. You will enjoy our squares and shopping and golfing. I don't play myself, never had played, but all my neighbors love the game. Maybe one of these days.
If you aren't lined up with an agent Sharon Crenshaw is terrific. She took care of everything for me, give her a call at the Villages Sales Office.
Hope you will find this area to your liking and enjoy yourself while you are here!
PGB
Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

I wanted to come down in February to check things out. Are there any single females who would want to rent out a bedroom for a month to a fun loving female.

gg
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.