coming down for visit

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage
Default Re: coming down for visit

welcome all newcomers, now that i have lived here two weeks i feel like i am truly at home...let me know if everyone gets together at crispers., please! i am using the computer free wireless at the rec center lately so do not get on every day...hope i do not miss any fun....will try to look out for tom with the lost look on his face....hope parks61 has a great time and definitely buys a house....gg that rental might work out if i do not have company! how fun!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Gold member

Hi Chachacha,

I did not know you are here. neighbor.

For all those who do not know who chachacha is, she joined us at the freeze. If you check out the pics from the freeze we are standing across from each other.

to the neighborhood.

Crispers luncheon is a week from today.

Wish I could be there - but we will be gone again.

HB
Old 09-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket

Crispers luncheon is a week from today.

Wish I could be there - but we will be gone again.

HB
Has the luncheon been moved up to next Friday? I thought it was two weeks from today. If it's next week I will be in TV and would love to attend. If anyone could confirm the date of the next Crispers luncheon, I would appreciate it. bye
Old 09-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Crispers is always the 3rd Friday of the month, so will be the 19th this month.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Gold member

thanks for clearing that up for me Redwitch.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Gold member

sorry about that.

HB
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 AM

Hi Parks61 and tgelkamy!! Welcome to TOTV. And welcome to THE VILLAGES, FL. You are going to love it. I purchased a house on my first visit back in April. Can't move down there till April '09 and I can't wait. You guys will not believe how easy it is to mingle and join in at the squares, at the pools, anywhere in TV. Graciegirl is right in that married peeps treat us singles the same as they treat their married friends. It is just amazing. You have come to the right place to make friends and feel included. Just \as Redwitch said, give out a holler and somebody will meet you at the designated place. tgelkamy: You must eat at Amelia's (the restaurant in the Waterfront Inn). Great food and you'll have to try the raspberry cheesecake - JUST TO DIE FOR GOOD. Try to eat outside around sunset. It's gorgeous. Also try Lighthouse Point Cafe around sunset - another treat not to be missed. Look for the baby alligator. Last time I was there he made an appearance (around 10 pm on a Sat. night). The waitress spotted him. She even named him. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage

hi tkret....i think that if you are going to miss the crispers luncheon some of us should definitely get together while you are here....i do not know who is here besides me right now but i would be glad to meet you....why don't you post when and where you would like to get together and wear something identifiable and we will come out and look for you...i have only been here two weeks so it would be fun for me to meet others, also. welcome!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM

chachacha,
I am here right now as well. I would be happy to meet you, tkret, and any others that can make it. Also, if you want to meet for lunch or dinner before that, let me know. I am going to be here until the end of October.

md blondie
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha
hi tkret....i think that if you are going to miss the crispers luncheon some of us should definitely get together while you are here....i do not know who is here besides me right now but i would be glad to meet you....why don't you post when and where you would like to get together and wear something identifiable and we will come out and look for you...i have only been here two weeks so it would be fun for me to meet others, also. welcome!
Hello chachacha,

What a wonderfully thoughtful offer! Thank you. Redwitch and DickY were, also, very kind to suggest a get-together. We just haven't arrange anything, yet. I will be send them a PM later this week. However, for your information, I will be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning. Jojo has graciously agreed to meet me Saturday afternoon for tennis (wasn't that nice of her?) and I'll be with a MLS Realtor Saturday morning and with a Villages Realtor Monday morning. Thus, my schedule is free each and every evening including the day I arrive (Friday).

It is so evident that the Developer picked the right slogan when the company selected "Florida's Friendliest Hometown". I have "met" so many fantastic people on this TOTV and for that I thank those who developed this site in the first place.

Anyway, I can be at either Town Square or in front of Katie's on any evening. In the Town Squares look for the guy with the bewildered look on his face or outside Katie's look for the guy with the sad face because they won't let me in without a resident. :beer2: If you care to PM or post publicly which evening you are free I can certainly let you know how to recognize me.

This will be so much fun for me and I'm sincerely grateful because other than my VLS Reator, whom I've met before, I DO NOT know anyone in TV. See ya.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by md blondie
chachacha,
I am here right now as well. I would be happy to meet you, tkret, and any others that can make it. Also, if you want to meet for lunch or dinner before that, let me know. I am going to be here until the end of October.

md blondie
Again, my thanks md blondie. I just posted a reply to chachacha's posting regarding my visit and rather than bore the other members of TOTV I'll ask you to read it. Thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage

hi tkret, mdblondie and everyone else interested in getting together this weekend. i guess saturday night would be a fun time to get to katie belles, so that poor tkret will be able to get in! they usually have great rock n' roll on the weekend. i am joining a club for the first time friday night or i would have suggested friday....of course the rest of you can plan something (boo hoo!) i will try sending a personal email but sometimes i find my computer shuts down as i try to send it....i suggest anyone who wants to meet wait in front of the door of katie belle's at 6:30 on saturday and tell the doorman you are meeting singles. you know what i look like so don't be afraid to tell me who you are....i will stand outside until 6:50 for those who cannot find a parking spot! if we cannot get a big enough table we will hang around the bar, ok? now don't leave me hanging out there alone!!! i don't get my email every day but i will definitely check it on friday.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Gold member

greetings chachacha,

I've sent you a PM.

Hello md blondie and all,

It's just amazing the warmth and sincerity of the folks of TV and TOTV. When I become a resident I will remember it and behave exactly the same way to the soon-to-be's and the wannabee's.

I appreciate the offer for Saturday night but I have plans for that evening. I'm a lonesome dove on Friday, Sunday, and Monday, though, and would love to meet and greet. I've been told that there is a good show in Katie's on Mondays featuring a couple of impersonators. How much fun it that! Thanks, again, everyone and also for the PMs.
Absolutely fantastic.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 PM

It's been fun reading all the messages being posted ant I getting close to my due date of Sept 18th. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to do so at Crispers on Friday the 19th. See ya all next week - somebody dance with me (ladies only). ;D :
Old 09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks61
It's been fun reading all the messages being posted ant I getting close to my due date of Sept 18th. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to do so at Crispers on Friday the 19th. See ya all next week - somebody dance with me (ladies only). ;D :
Parks61, you're arriving on the 18th and I'm departing on the 16th. I'll try to keep the good vibrations going strong until you get to TV. Enjoy the folks at Crispers; I missed it by a few days.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.