a few fun things coming up

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Sage
Default a few fun things coming up

the following are not singles activities, but rather suggestions for three events which you might enjoy coming up with the Christmas holidays.....

Bohemian Bistro Cafe sat dec 6 at silverlake rec center 6pm this is a venue for open mike, tell a joke, read a poem, perform a skit. a few of us may go to the new cody's in brownwood afterward for dancing. BYOB $2 donation at door to cover snacks provided.

Tues dec 16 there are two concert performances at St Timothy's RC church in spanish springs. Christmas and sacred music will be performed by the choir under the direction of Maestro Bill Dougherty of the Central Florida Lyric Opera and featuring some of his talented young singers whom you have enjoyed in the singing waiters performances locally. tickets are $10 and must be bought at the church office.

Tues and Wed Dec 16 and 17 you may enjoy a phenomenal one woman performance by Kay Esposito of the Lake Miona Theatre Group doing the Belle of Amherst, based on the life and work of Emily Dickenson. 7 pm tickets are free but must be reserved by calling kay or dan esposito between 10 and 2pm at 352-751-0130. i saw this performance six years ago and can guarantee that you will agree it is fantastic! i am going on the 17th.

please post any other activities you know of here for us to enjoy!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

You guys sure seem to have a lot of fun and have many things to do.

Wish I was there!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Platinum member

14 gals from my neighborhood (including myself) went to a great movie at the Old Mill Playhouse today called "Before I Go To Sleep" starring Nicole Kidman. Everyone loved it. It has some great twists in the plot. We do this once a month and call it "Chick Flick" and follow it with lunch somewhere. Sometimes we have 8 show up and can be as many as 28. We go to the first movie of the day, then lunch and still plenty of the day left.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
You guys sure seem to have a lot of fun and have many things to do.

Wish I was there!
I agree can't wait it get there!! Summer of 2015!!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Sage
Default movie outings

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
14 gals from my neighborhood (including myself) went to a great movie at the Old Mill Playhouse today called "Before I Go To Sleep" starring Nicole Kidman. Everyone loved it. It has some great twists in the plot. We do this once a month and call it "Chick Flick" and follow it with lunch somewhere. Sometimes we have 8 show up and can be as many as 28. We go to the first movie of the day, then lunch and still plenty of the day left.
yes, we love movie outings! in fact if you check surething's thread you will see we are planning for one tues morning at the rialto! appreciate the movie review
Old 12-05-2014, 12:51 AM

From Silver Lake to Brownwood? Now that's a drive! You might get a better turnout going to a place closer to Silver Lake, and save Brownwood for another time. Just a thought!
Old 12-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

A concert program of Gregorian Chant by Florida Pro Musica will be presented on Saturday, December 13th at 4p.m. at Saint George Anglican Cathedral, 5646 SE 28th Street in Ocala. There is no charge for admission, but any free will offering will be accepted.

There will be a wine and cheese reception afterwards.

You can take 441 north to the Baseline Road split off (Route 35) up to SE 28th Street (Banyan Road.) Left onto 28th, and St George Cathedral is second church on left.

It's a wonderful opportunity to escape the holiday's frantic pace and just meditate and enjoy the sounds of the chant in a beautiful, quiet setting.

For information, you may call Father Rushlow at 352-598-7569.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.