Forever Young!

Old 02-14-2024, 10:28 AM
Default Forever Young!

Good morning, everyone. I am a single male of 67 years. I retired from the Air Force, the Federal Government, and collect my SS. My father retired and lived in the Villages in the early 2000's. I really enjoyed the time I spent visiting him. I live in Florida and want to relocate to the Villages where I can enjoy spending my time with others like me. Any advice about where I should move to in the Villages? I have a dog.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF RETIRED View Post
Good morning, everyone. I am a single male of 67 years. I retired from the Air Force, the Federal Government, and collect my SS. My father retired and lived in the Villages in the early 2000's. I really enjoyed the time I spent visiting him. I live in Florida and want to relocate to the Villages where I can enjoy spending my time with others like me. Any advice about where I should move to in the Villages? I have a dog.
Many youngsters, like yourself, usually prefer southern newer area.
Rent for a month or so in all areas, see what takes your fancy.
If you decide near us, "Keep off my Grass!"

Last edited by simplesimonsaid; 02-14-2024 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesimonsaid View Post
Youngsters like yourself usually prefer southern newer area.
Youngsters like him are all throughout all areas of the Villages.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:14 PM
Gold member

Everyone thinks their Village/area is the best, so you will get a lot of conflicting advice. You might try to look at the different areas & see which ones appeal to you. You also might try looking at the available amenities & see which ones you might want to be closer to. For example: golf courses (not so plentiful in the south), gyms (some Rec centers have gyms), & which you might not mind an occasional drive to. Or clubs you might be interested in. As a dog owner myself, I would immediately cross out any 'keep off of my lawn' neighborhoods I never, ever walk my dog on other people's property, but you can see from some posts on this forum some people become quite upset about dogs, fortunately many neighborhoods are dog-friendly. Good luck. Ask if you have any questions about clubs, rec centers or other amenities I mentioned.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Youngsters like him are all throughout all areas of the Villages.
My comment amended.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Thank you for your service.

Rent somewhere in the middle of the villages for a month or more and explore.

Find a villages and an mls real estate agent to take you around. Villages agent can show new and resales mls only resales.

Take the trolleys and look around but recognize driver will push you toward whatever the villages is selling so keep an open mind.

Great place to live but takes awhile to decide where to go.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

I'm a year younger than you and bought 3 years ago, just north of 44, in Osceola Hills.

Right now, it's pretty much the "Center of The Villages"...

Although, in another 10 year, that "center" will move south...

Our neighborhood is a mix of late 50's to 70's... (at least the people I've met)

You've been given some good advice. Rent for a month. Check out the neighbohoods north and south. See what suits your fancy...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 02-15-2024 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:19 AM

I think there is a size/weight limit on dogs in some areas. Might want to enquire.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:33 AM

Just south of Sumter landing gives you great access to the best town square IMO. And it’s close to varied shopping. Buying pre owned may save you from the hefty fee.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:00 AM

I recently learned that veranda style homes have bigger fenced back yards than villas.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2024, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbednar View Post
I recently learned that veranda style homes have bigger fenced back yards than villas.
Our recently sold CYV had a large yard. Maybe, new construction CYVs have smaller yards but definitely not preowned. There are many with room for a pool and expansive lanai.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:44 AM
Default Best time to be here!

Quote:
Happy to help you discover all The Villages offers - licensed Real Estate Professional with Properties of The Villages. Moved here 24 years ago love selling and being a part of this home town. Cheryl.mcdaniel@thevillages.com
Old 02-15-2024, 05:53 AM

Look at previously owned Courtyard Villas north of SR 44. Thank me later. Welcome and thanks for your years of service.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:06 AM

Get a villa with fenced in area for the puppy…
Old 02-15-2024, 06:08 AM

You will love The Villages......also 18% of the population of The Villages are Veterans. Make sure you look at pre-owned and new. You might get a better deal with pre-owned. If you buy on the newest side, watch out for Turnpike noise, and you might not want to buy near a Town Square because you will hear the music every night. There will be so much for you to do here with entertainment, clubs, Rec. Centers, sports....and very nice people to meet. If you find an area you like, feel free to talk to neighbors there to see what they say. Welcome to The Villages when you do move here. PS: they have a lot of dog parks here.

Tags
villages, time, retired, relocate, forever

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.