Ideas For Visiting Son

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Ideas For Visiting Son

Our son is coming to visit in early March. I am wondering if any of you singles have some ideas as to what he might be able to do while he is here that would allow him to have some sort of a social life away from his parents! He will be 51 by the time he arrives. He is divorced, has grown children and rides a Harley. He does play golf. He is not a drinker, but enjoys a beer now and then. Not into drugs of any kind. He will be in town for about 8-9 days. Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Sage
Default baby boomers

i think your son would enjoy going to a meeting of the Single Baby Boomers.
i don't know exactly when and where they have their meetings but you could check out the clubs forum or the recreation news...i am sure they have golf scrambles and meet several nights of the week for dancing and socializing. i know that many younger singles frequent the Waterfront Inn on monday nights, Cityfire almost any night, and of course there is a really young crowd at Margaritaville and Dockside Gators....he could also check the motorcycle clubs as they go on long rides a couple times a week...if you search the recreation news in feb, the meeting times will be posted at some point...or at least contact numbers... i also suggest asking him his other interests and having him attend some of the many clubs meeting every day, as well as the dance classes. hope he has a wonderful time and you are a great mom to be concerned about his happiness here.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Thank you for all of your suggestions! He is usually very happy just to play golf and do the things visitors do here. I was just thinking that he might like to socialize with people more his age for some of his stay. He won't be bringing his Harley this trip but would have welcomed an opportunity to ride with some Villagers if he had.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

Single baby boomers has a web site:

index

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Our son is coming to visit in early March. I am wondering if any of you singles have some ideas as to what he might be able to do while he is here that would allow him to have some sort of a social life away from his parents! He will be 51 by the time he arrives. He is divorced, has grown children and rides a Harley. He does play golf. He is not a drinker, but enjoys a beer now and then. Not into drugs of any kind. He will be in town for about 8-9 days. Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.
I'm not sure but he might be too young for baby boomers club (all I know, is I'm too old for them, ). however, he is welcome to join my crowd of fun loving people, dancing every night at one of the night spots in town, not all of them are as old as I am, and he might have fun. I'll be happy to show him around, let me know if he's interested. BTW, not all of us dance, but we do have a good time.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I'm not sure but he might be too young for baby boomers club (all I know, is I'm too old for them, ). however, he is welcome to join my crowd of fun loving people, dancing every night at one of the night spots in town, not all of them are as old as I am, and he might have fun. I'll be happy to show him around, let me know if he's interested. BTW, not all of us dance, but we do have a good time.
Thank you, KathieI! I'll mention this to Peter when he gets here in a little over a month. He just might really enjoy a little "nightlife"! It is nice of you to offer to take him under your wing! I don't really know how much dancing he does but just being with nice people closer to his age might appeal to him.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.