Let's Write a Comedy!

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Sage
Default Let's Write a Comedy!

at our Meet and Greet today the subject was again brought up about collaborating on a comedy about dating especially in the Villages...our own Kate Rogers is a very good published author and playwright, as well as a director, and is offering to combine our contributed stories into a real play! So if you have some funny experiences or even some serious ones which would entertain others, please send your ideas to KateRogers in a pm or by email if you have that...and after we have the play we can also try out to act in it, as well! Let's be creative!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,747 Posts

Cha, that is a fantastic idea! Since I have been single (again) and dating over 20 years I have had some hilarious dating experiences. None of them occurred within the environs of The Villages, however.

I recall a short lived television series about single life in a retirement community, a Sun City located in Arizona I think. It was named "Sunset Daze" I believe. Although personally I enjoyed it apparently the show did not attract a large enough following.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-17-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:44 AM
Sage

thanks, Manabouttown, on a tv show our adventures probably would attract a limited audience, but here in the Villages i think we could produce a big hit at our local theatre! send some of your hilarious experiences to KateRogers as we definitely want the man's point of view as well. A local gal recently wrote The Golden Girls Come to the Villages and it has been a smash here
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 PM

throw in a few political COMEDY JOKES about opposing viewpoints and I think you could have a HIT - I'll put on my thinking cap...

Tags
comedy, play, entertain, experiences, funny

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.