Many, Many, Questions

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2022, 09:13 AM
Default Many, Many, Questions

I'll be retiring in the next couple of years from the Los Angeles area, I'll be 55. I'm seriously looking at TV as a place to relocate. I've read all the books, watched all the YouTube videos, and googled everything. I'm 100% on doing a lifestyle visit, but I have a lot of questions. Such as , is there a social environment for a "younger" (lol) single man, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
Old 08-24-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Vince View Post
I'll be retiring in the next couple of years from the Los Angeles area, I'll be 55. I'm seriously looking at TV as a place to relocate. I've read all the books, watched all the YouTube videos, and googled everything. I'm 100% on doing a lifestyle visit, but I have a lot of questions. Such as , is there a social environment for a "younger" (lol) single man, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
Younger than who Vince? If you think TV moral code is like LA, then you might as well stay there.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Yes. What are you interested in? I guarantee there is a club for that, and lot of folks doing it. Painting, golf, tennis, softball, ballroom dancing, basketball, swimming.

Probably not surfing.

I am in my early 50s and have a great time with everyone down here. I am married, but not sure that would make a difference.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,322 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:

Thanks,
Vince
There are clubs for singles. There are also clubs and activities that are for couples and singles.

The Villages Singles Club |
Old 08-24-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
Younger than who Vince? If you think TV moral code is like LA, then you might as well stay there.
"Younger" as 55, as opposed to the age I've seen depicted in what is being put out in the media. If I liked the "moral code" in L.A. I would stay and not be looking at moving to TV.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:

Thanks,
Vince
Yes, there is a social environment for a 55-ish single man. There always has been. It's just that the 55-year-olds who moved in 20 years ago are now 75. It also means that there are lots of "pre-owned homes" ripe and ready for you to move into, less expensive than brand new, with mature landscaping (no waiting for a shade tree to actually provide shade!). The "oldest" generation of Villagers are moving into assisted living, memory care, "rest homes," or passing away. They're being replaced by the "newest" generation of Villagers.

The cycle of life. I was 58 when we moved in. I'm "only" 61 now, still not eligible for social security yet and still physically active and able to do anything I want.

My next door neighbor is in her early-mid-50's and is single. I believe -her- next door neighbor is also a single woman, in her 50's (not sure if early or late 50's, I haven't met her yet, she just moved in).
Old 08-24-2022, 07:10 PM

Do you play tennis?Is there Volley Ball group around here?
Old 08-24-2022, 07:18 PM

You must be ex-marine ex army here
Old 08-24-2022, 09:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Consider renting first. VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages Florida The Villages Rentals
Old 08-24-2022, 09:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I moved here when I was 62 and into a neighborhood of like aged persons. I had commented to my real estate agent that the "New Area" didn't look as mature as some of the older areas. His comment was that "mature areas" equal mature people. What that means is that people older than you with different interests and abilities. So, what I would suggest is an area that is closest to your age and interests.

Recall that birds of a feather flock together.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I moved here when I was 62 and into a neighborhood of like aged persons. I had commented to my real estate agent that the "New Area" didn't look as mature as some of the older areas. His comment was that "mature areas" equal mature people.
That is not necessarily true, the so called mature area we live in has experienced rapid turnover during the 7+ years since we bought our home. Unfortunately, high mortality rates, people transitioning to assisted living, and people loosing spouses and moving back up north to spend their remaining years with family is very common. Our mature neighborhood is now relatively young by Villages standards.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

It depends a lot on where you move in the Villages. The southern Villages seem to have a lot more younger owners.

I am 63 but have been here since I was 46.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Dwoodley..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodley1975 View Post
Do you play tennis? Is there Volley Ball group around here?
yes, there is sand volleyball, water volleyball, ( lots and lots of groups) hard court volleyball ( played at the high school ) and beach tennis played on the sand volleyball courts.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

Plenty of opportunities and outlets for a young guy such as yourself. There is a multitude of special interest groups here and you can find one that meets your needs or can start your own. As far as dating interests there are opportunities just outside the Villages “bubble” where average age is a bit younger. You are more than welcome here, youngster(lol). Just remember you are moving into a “different” environment and “when in Rome….”.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks,
Vince
Short answer is Yes. Best thing you can do is the Lifestyle visit, the longer stay, the better.
Closed Thread

Tags
questions, visit, lifestyle, lot, younger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.