Many, Many, Questions

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2022, 09:02 AM

We lived in The Villages for 3 years and really enjoyed it. But, beware. If you are of a progressive state of mind, you will be living amongst about 70% who think the other way, and make their feelings known. Too bad our society has developed this way but it is what it is.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:34 AM

A few more years in LA? You'll be sorry you stayed in that state even one more day.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maistocars View Post
A few more years in LA? You'll be sorry you stayed in that state even one more day.
Retirement can not come soon enough !
Old 08-25-2022, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

My guess is that the people bashing California have never lived or even been there other than in front if their tv.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:54 AM
TOTV Moderator

Enough of the personal attacks. If you don't have anything constructive to add please don't post.

Old 08-25-2022, 10:57 AM

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. There are some great points and a lot to think about. I very much appreciate all the info. I'm combat vet (Iraq- 1st Marine Division), and have been a Police Officer for 25 years so there's a reason why I want to leave CA. I look forward to learning more.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:21 AM
Location: Just moved to the Village of Duval from Pompano Beach.
Default No way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodley1975 View Post
You must be ex-marine ex army here
That is definitely not true!
Old 08-25-2022, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Vince View Post
Wow, thanks for all of the replies. There are some great points and a lot to think about. I very much appreciate all the info. I'm combat vet (Iraq- 1st Marine Division), and have been a Police Officer for 25 years so there's a reason why I want to leave CA. I look forward to learning more.
Semper Fi. I'm also originally from Cali and most recently from Washington. They haven't kicked me out of here... Yet. lol. It was definitely good to get away from there.

There's about 21,000 veterans in The Villages. Plenty to see and do for whatever your interests are.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-25-2022, 11:55 AM

A large Veteran contingent is one of the main reasons I'm interested in TV.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

I have talked to a lot of former NYPD detectives and/or others here in the Villages over the years. They have a golf cart or two in almost every parade. They also have a large club from what I gather. Lots of clubs in the Villages.

The Villages has many parades, at least, before COVID showed up.

And most of the Villages-- men anyway-- seem to have been in the military at some point.

I lived in Northern CA and Northern NV from 1970 through 1996 but with periods away getting my Masters Degree and Law Degree. (U of Denver for the first and U of MN for the 2nd). And two degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Vince View Post
I'll be retiring in the next couple of years from the Los Angeles area, I'll be 55. I'm seriously looking at TV as a place to relocate. I've read all the books, watched all the YouTube videos, and googled everything. I'm 100% on doing a lifestyle visit, but I have a lot of questions. Such as , is there a social environment for a "younger" (lol) single man, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
We escaped California almost three years ago and have never had second thoughts. We fly back from time to time when we need our mountain fix or to taste fine California wine (and order a few cases). Coincidently just this week I have met several happy transplanted Californians. You will be able to touch and feel The Villages experience when you do your lifestyle visit.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:31 PM

Move here, you'll love it. Moved here 21 years ago at age 47. Never had a problem with finding people my age. Move in age here keeps getting younger and younger. My neighborhood north of 466 is quickly changing with original purchasers leaving for assisted living or moving to be with kids and younger people in their 50s and early 60s moving in, so you'll find people your age everywhere. I used to live in LA. This is 1000 times better. Come on a visit for a few weeks, rent a golf cart, drive all around and ask everyone you meet how they like it here and if they would do it again. You'll find that the majority will say yes they would, but should have done it earlier when they were younger. Hope to see you here soon. You'll love it.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
If you've "watched all the YouTube videos..." you have surely seen Rusty's video channel. Your singles question is probably best answered by one of his videos, link to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKGmRdMzvCg

Hope this helps (from a fellow So Cal native).
I have watched his videos, they are very good.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
Move here, you'll love it. Moved here 21 years ago at age 47. Never had a problem with finding people my age. Move in age here keeps getting younger and younger. My neighborhood north of 466 is quickly changing with original purchasers leaving for assisted living or moving to be with kids and younger people in their 50s and early 60s moving in, so you'll find people your age everywhere. I used to live in LA. This is 1000 times better. Come on a visit for a few weeks, rent a golf cart, drive all around and ask everyone you meet how they like it here and if they would do it again. You'll find that the majority will say yes they would, but should have done it earlier when they were younger. Hope to see you here soon. You'll love it.
Thank you so much for the words of advise, sounds like a good plan.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

https://www.districtgov.org/images/d...bs-Listing.pdf

I hope this works.
Closed Thread

Tags
questions, visit, lifestyle, lot, younger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.