Meet and Greet New Singles 2014

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Sage
Default Meet and Greet New Singles 2014

Speaking for a group of a few dozen singles who came together at home parties and group gatherings in 2013, we welcome those who've lost mates, singles just moving here and lurkers who never thought they'd come to a singles thing... to become part of our community.

We are developing a network of friends who have relaxed fun in small groups, count on each other and are truly present to help, and what a foundation for hanging out at each other's homes to enjoy games, football, foooooood...

If you are new, the old meet and greet thread that you can look at has a brilliance of info on what went on in 2013.

So step up and introduce yourself. What's your story? The next thing you know, we'll be making up a lunch event to get to know you. Some bold person to this new thread, go first!

We aren't a club, no regular meetings, etc. We do help each other to the nth degree, and we don't want anybody to be lonely...so ask if you need something while you are visiting or in your move.
Kitty

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 01-09-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Platinum member

Hi! I'm Quirky3, and I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the TV singles. I can't wait until I retire (hopefully at the end of this year) and move to TV. In the meantime, I hope to visit and attend as many weekend gatherings as I can! It's a group of sweet, caring, and genuine people!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Sage
Default till you can be here FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Hi! I'm Quirky3, and I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the TV singles. I can't wait until I retire (hopefully at the end of this year) and move to TV. In the meantime, I hope to visit and attend as many weekend gatherings as I can! It's a group of sweet, caring, and genuine people!
so my Quirky, you already came to a singles party at Karen's and met the gang. What a turnout! Let us know every time you will be in town and so soon, you will be permanent...hurray!

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 01-10-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to adventure693

Hi all, I'm new here, coming to TV in couple weeks to see what all the excitement is about! Would like to attend some get-togethers and meet some other singles if possible. I'm staying with friends from 1/26 to 2/6 who live in TV already. Thanks!
Hank
Old 01-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Sage

hi hank,

we sometimes organize a casual meet at the porch of the sales office when newbies are coming to town....if you are free monday night of that week, i think a few of us could arrange to meet you and give you some suggestions for going out. keep in touch. your time here will fly by!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
so my Quirky, you already came to a singles party at Karen's and met the gang. What a turnout! Let us know every time you will be in town and so soon, you will be permanent...hurray!
As they say on Sportscenter, "Come on man" er........ woman!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to adventure693

chachacha,
Sweeeeet, that's !
Are you talking about 1/27? Just give me a time and I'll be there! My hosts have already got me a golf cart to use!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Sage

ok, everybody who is lurking on here, let's get out and welcome hank on monday night the 27th at the front porch of the sales office in LSL. if we meet around seven we can stay and chat for an hour or so and then those who want to head over for the singles dancing at the Waterfront Inn will still have plenty of time to do that. i hope we will have a good welcoming committee and that it will be a nice night to sit outside! if it is chilly we can always adjourn to panera's. plan on it!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure693 View Post
chachacha,
Sweeeeet, that's !
Are you talking about 1/27? Just give me a time and I'll be there! My hosts have already got me a golf cart to use!
Hank

If you have a leather jacket I would wear it. Don't ask questions. I'll explain when I get there in April.

Yes ladies, men do share fashion tips. We just don't let on because we don't want you to think we are vain. What do you think we are doing when we are idly standing there in the restroom? Talking sports?

Mr. Kris
Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kris View Post
Hank

If you have a leather jacket I would wear it. Don't ask questions. I'll explain when I get there in April.

Yes ladies, men do share fashion tips. We just don't let on because we don't want you to think we are vain. What do you think we are doing when we are idly standing there in the restroom? Talking sports?

Mr. Kris
LOL! I have this event calendared...Monday is Waterfront Inn dance night too. that would be fun if we want to mosey over there awhile.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Speaking for a group of a few dozen singles who came together at home parties and group gatherings in 2013, we welcome those who've lost mates, singles just moving here and lurkers who never thought they'd come to a singles thing... to become part of our community.

We are developing a network of friends who have relaxed fun in small groups, count on each other and are truly present to help, and what a foundation for hanging out at each other's homes to enjoy games, football, foooooood...

If you are new, the old meet and greet thread that you can look at has a brilliance of info on what went on in 2013.

So step up and introduce yourself. What's your story? The next thing you know, we'll be making up a lunch event to get to know you. Some bold person to this new thread, go first!

We aren't a club, no regular meetings, etc. We do help each other to the nth degree, and we don't want anybody to be lonely...so ask if you need something while you are visiting or in your move.
Kitty
I couldn't have said it better. My sentiments, exactly.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Sage

We do love each other, don't we? Who knew a thread on totv would turn into a gang of single folks who are there for each other? mmm, it's so good.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:37 PM

As a beneficiary of the kindhearted, generous, single friends that I met on TOTV and who helped me move into my new home, when I was recovering from the flu, I would like to assure anyone who is a little worried about taking the big step of moving to the Villages, as a single, that our group is here to welcome you and make the transition as easy as possible.

Katie
Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to happylady

I am single and I would really enjoy meeting other singles. I hope to hear from you.What information do you need?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to happylady

I would be interested in meeting people. How do I start?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.