Meet and Greet New Singles 2014

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Sage

we are getting together to welcome hank, a visitor. if it is cold we will be in panera's. after chatting for about an hour, there is still time for monday night at the waterfront or dinner or whatever anyone wants to do....meeting at 7pm. too bad last night's block party was too cold to really enjoy. this is for the 27th of jan.

Last edited by chachacha; 01-20-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Platinum member

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Chachacha! And many thanks to you, Kitty, Karen, Joe, and all who have helped to re-energize the TV singles!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 01-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerogers View Post
Could I pay you not to show my picture?

Katie
only if I think you aren't lovely. and I guess that's not going to happen.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Platinum member

wish I would come, but have other commitment on Monday nights. I enjoyed the last time we met there.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Speaking for a group of a few dozen singles who came together at home parties and group gatherings in 2013, we welcome those who've lost mates, singles just moving here and lurkers who never thought they'd come to a singles thing... to become part of our community.

We are developing a network of friends who have relaxed fun in small groups, count on each other and are truly present to help, and what a foundation for hanging out at each other's homes to enjoy games, football, foooooood...

If you are new, the old meet and greet thread that you can look at has a brilliance of info on what went on in 2013.

So step up and introduce yourself. What's your story? The next thing you know, we'll be making up a lunch event to get to know you. Some bold person to this new thread, go first!

We aren't a club, no regular meetings, etc. We do help each other to the nth degree, and we don't want anybody to be lonely...so ask if you need something while you are visiting or in your move.
Kitty

Hi Kitty,
What you are doing sounds like a great idea. While I have been very active since coming to the Villages in October, I haven't been in too many small group settings where you can just hang with friends. Would love to meet you and get together with others for some kinship. My name is Ellen and I'll be darn if I know how to communicate through this veure. I hope you can respond. (And I can figure out where to read it.) Ellen
Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to adventure693
Default excited!

Hey Everyone,
I'm excited about getting out of Arkansas next weekend and meeting all of you on Monday night at the sales office! Been watching the weather and sadly your temps are pretty close to ours! I'll be around for a week or so, so if anyone would be interested in tennis, walking, mini-golf, whatever, let me know!
Thanks,
Hank
Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Sage

Ellen, I hope you will show up 27th,Monday on the west porch of the sales ofc at LSL!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
Default get together 1/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Ellen, I hope you will show up 27th,Monday on the west porch of the sales ofc at LSL!
Is this event still going to happen this evening? My name is Linda and I would like to attend with a friend of mine who is also single. Please let me know.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Sage

Hey that was fun y'all! some of us went on to waterfront and then city fire. I had a blast. you all are more fun the better I know you. We get to rib and test each other. Larry has actually bet me against Denver. I had the most fun tonight of anybody. That's really what it's about. We truly love each other and compete for who has most fun. and also, I am blessed to know the Lord. Many of us do.
KItty
Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 AM

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for welcoming me to The Villages last night!!! What a great group of people! I'm looking forward to playing pickle ball and having a lunch or two with some new friends! Hope to see you all again!
Hank (from Arkansas)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Sage

yes, i was gratified that so many newbies came out and after the waterfront bill and i walked back to the porch and three people were still sitting there chatting happily! it was a pleasure to meet all of you and look forward to seeing you again! hank from arkansas you started a good "adventure"
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Sage

Anybody single and looking for fun? mardi gras party at Ronnye's Feb 22. See that thread for info....get your beads on!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Default coming back!

Hey All,
Just wanted to say thanks again for the great welcome when I visited TV a couple weeks ago!! I'm back in Arkansas now, it's about 22 degrees this morning! Chachacha (Dianne), Ken, Bill, Pam, Linda, Kathy and the rest of you are really nice people, and I enjoyed spending time with you during my visit! So let's see, cold weather in Arkansas, not much to do, or warm weather in TV with plenty to do, and nice people to do it with....
So I found a room share near Spanish Springs and will be heading back to TV in a week or so. Will see you all soon!!
Hank
Old 02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Sage

Yeah, you know you want to be here with us, and don't forget the leather jacket. There might be another cold day or two.
K.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Sage

maybe you will be here in time for ronnye's party on the 22nd! bring your beads for mardi gras yes, the leather jacket may still come in handy...weather has been very changeable but has to be bette than arkansas!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.