Meet and Greet New Singles 2014

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Speaking for a group of a few dozen singles who came together at home parties and group gatherings in 2013, we welcome those who've lost mates, singles just moving here and lurkers who never thought they'd come to a singles thing... to become part of our community.

We are developing a network of friends who have relaxed fun in small groups, count on each other and are truly present to help, and what a foundation for hanging out at each other's homes to enjoy games, football, foooooood...

If you are new, the old meet and greet thread that you can look at has a brilliance of info on what went on in 2013.

So step up and introduce yourself. What's your story? The next thing you know, we'll be making up a lunch event to get to know you. Some bold person to this new thread, go first!

We aren't a club, no regular meetings, etc. We do help each other to the nth degree, and we don't want anybody to be lonely...so ask if you need something while you are visiting or in your move.
Kitty
Haven't posted on TOTV in quite a while so it's time to get back in the mix. ChaChaCha called me with an invite to a Saturday gettogerher so hopeto see you there.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 PM

The party at Ronnye's on Sat., 2/22 - more info please
Chacha, you mentioned it to me but I don't have any info on it.
Where, when, etc.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Sage

anyone who still wants to come to the party must contact ronnye by sending her a private message...she will send you address and directions if she still has room for guests (knowing ronnye she will always say yes!) to send a private message, just click on her username in one of her posts and you will be able to select "send pm" her reply will show up near your name at the top of the page under notifications. her username is rgraves. hope to see you there! also see post hmmm, what to bring on 2/22.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Red face

Quote:
Speaking for a group of a few dozen singles who came together at home parties and group gatherings in 2013, we welcome those who've lost mates, singles just moving here and lurkers who never thought they'd come to a singles thing... to become part of our community.

We are developing a network of friends who have relaxed fun in small groups, count on each other and are truly present to help, and what a foundation for hanging out at each other's homes to enjoy games, football, foooooood...

If you are new, the old meet and greet thread that you can look at has a brilliance of info on what went on in 2013.

So step up and introduce yourself. What's your story? The next thing you know, we'll be making up a lunch event to get to know you. Some bold person to this new thread, go first!

We aren't a club, no regular meetings, etc. We do help each other to the nth degree, and we don't want anybody to be lonely...so ask if you need something while you are visiting or in your move.
Kitty
please contact me at sosandler@hotmail.com
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 PM

Hi Kitty - My Mom moved here a year ago and lives in Rio Grande. She is 92 but no one can believe it as she drives to the square and dances. Is there an older group of singles other than the widow/widower group? Do you know of any older person who is lonely or homebound and would like a cheerful person to come and read to them or just bring some joy into their day? Or any suggestions of where I could get this information? Thanks, Nancy
Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 AM
Sage

Good heavens, I would love to have her read to me! She sounds like my aunts in their 90's who fight over who gets to mow the lawn!

I would like to meet her. I am PMing you my email address. In case you haven't used that feature, look at the upper right and click private messages.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:

Kitty
As someone new to the Villages I can highly recommend this gathering. You will meet as I have many warm wonderful active single people of different backgrounds and life histories. A great way to brighten your life in the Villages
Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM

Hi, when is the next meeting for a singles 'meeting' ?
Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Sage

We just had one but you are certainly welcome to join the upcoming movie activities!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Sage

And look for maybe's post about a movie on Saturday night.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 PM

Hi I/27/15 is not aMonday but a Tuesday Which night will we be meeting? Also what night is the Singles dance at The Waterfront Inn?? Thanks Kasi
Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Sage

We don't have anything that I know of scheduled in January. Did I miss something? Monday and wed are both good single nights at the waterfront.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 PM

Thanks!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.