Meet and greet NEW SINGLES

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Sage
Default Meet and greet NEW SINGLES

Let's meet and greet new singles online! Newbies please post an introduction: name, from where, what village, interests, questions, concerns.
The singles community here is fabulous, and will doubtless help you get oriented, comfortable, and familiar with friendly faces.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Sage

I'll go first! I'm Kitty Escue, single 15 years by divorce, one son in Gainesville where I lived before moving to Gilchrist in TV Apr 2, 2013. Tall, short-haired blonde, mid-boomer age, in love with my dog, Emma, the beautiful boxer. Excited about football season coming..a UF grad, Tebow to Patriots thrills me, and I have a new superfast action TV!
Retired in 09 from social work, in which I encountered reality that bored a hole in my Pollyanna optimism.
Joining cha3 for trip to Italy in winter, hopefully. Crazy about dancing, ballroom, argentine tango, jumping around, music picks me up with it. Kitty's fave grouch scene is people driving too slowly.
Excited about all the opptys in TV: belly dance, gator club, goldwing, yoga (I'm certified to teach but out of practice), dance classes.
I welcome an invitation to any safe activity, dance, movie, eating out, house party with a new friend or group.
Why I have not bumped into KathieI is a mystery....one of these days!
Kitty
Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Sage

kitty, you are going to be the new Ambassatrix of the villages singles scene! you are so brave to put yourself out there and you really did describe yourself perfectly as an "oldie" as opposed to "newbie", i hope your encouragement will bring some timid souls out of their hiding places and get a good "meet and greet" going...great idea!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Eternal Member

Gary Brown in St. James. Was married for 30 years until 2010. One son, Sam. Worked for Social Security for 30 years...first writing legal briefs, then managing, then moved to systems and was the systems manager for the Regional processing center, then moved to systems security and anti-fraud...back managing all systems folks in the midwest. Retired when pressure from the higher ups get intense after I called out my boss for unwanted sexual pressure on his underlings. Still friends with almost all the managers I
worked with. I play guitar (worked in bands for years) and am a photographer. I love TV - a great place for a second life.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Good move Kitty. This is Bill, from your party. I signed up using "maybe" when I was considering buying a house in TV. I bought one in Summerhill in April. I hope to rent it out when I am not here. I am recently retired and expect to travel a lot. I am not sure what I will do, long-term, with my PA house. Divorced, with sons 28 and 29. Still single, and still looking!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 AM

Debbie in Charlotte, moved here last November. Lived in Alaska 7 years before I moved here, before that lived in Minneapolis my whole life. Was married for 17 years, single now-husband passed away in 2011, no children. I worked for Procter & Gamble as a Contract/Purchasing Manager, before I moved to Alaska. Love the Villages and want to get out with more singles, a little shy about the new life I am leading, but I am out on the golf course trying to hit that golf ball. I know Chax3, and Kathie great gals, and have talked to Kitty on the phone, I haven't shown up to too many parties as it seems family keeps visiting, should be available to do more now.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage

Debbie, missed you at the party! LMK if you think of something interesting to do...
K.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Let's meet and greet new singles online! Newbies please post an introduction: name, from where, what village, interests, questions, concerns.
The singles community here is fabulous, and will doubtless help you get oriented, comfortable, and familiar with friendly faces.
This meet and greet is a great idea.

My name is Steve. Been in TV for two years, but have been on TOTV for much longer. From RI (still have a home there). But spend most of my time here. I'm a typical sports guy-tennis, golf, bike riding, yoga, pickleball. Always looking for golf partner(s).
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by misky View Post
This meet and greet is a great idea.

My name is Steve. Been in TV for two years, but have been on TOTV for much longer. From RI (still have a home there). But spend most of my time here. I'm a typical sports guy-tennis, golf, bike riding, yoga, pickleball. Always looking for golf partner(s).
Hey Steve, I can't ride a bike, but I don't fall off much doing yoga! Do you have a fave class for yoga? I have to learn pickleball, but just saying it makes me feel silly. How do you get started?
Kitty
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

My name is Sandra. I was a North Carolina tarheel for 55 years + 13 years in Virginia. I retired in 2009--worked in insurance offices for 48 years & I don't want to answer anymore insurance questions. My husband of 39 years died 3-2012 in a lawn mower accident. I have two sisters living here & another sister who purchased a house here but hasn't moved yet. I moved here to be near my family. One of my sisters is handicap & stays every other week with me. Since moving here last October, I have taken up golf & become a vegetarian. I am a very independent person & enjoy looking up dead people (genealogy). I have no children so I can pretty much do what I want to do. I do love Las Vegas. Just booked my next trip. Haven't been to a dance in 20 years. I enjoy talking & quiet moments. My computer is in the sunroom & faces the reserve behind my house. I enjoy seeing the pine trees & the squirrels running up & down the fence. I'm laid back except when it comes to driving. I have a hard time with the speed limit here. I know I am retired but I want to get where I am going as my time is valuable. PS--my sister would tell you that I am too opinionated. I always give her a hard time, but she is my baby sister.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Hey Steve, I can't ride a bike, but I don't fall off much doing yoga! Do you have a fave class for yoga? I have to learn pickleball, but just saying it makes me feel silly. How do you get started?
Kitty
Send you a PM about my favorite classes.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Sage

and Gary's totally awesome amazing drummer son, Sam is coming to TV in July! Where's the gig, G?

whoops forgot to quote: re post by Geewiz.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Sage

Hey ya'll, anybody want to go to Brownwood Farmer's Mkt Sat A.M?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

My name is Karen and I have owned a home in Bonita since 2008, but only used it occasionally since I was not yet retired. My official last day of work is Friday, June 21! I have been a high school business teacher for 33 years. I am an avid reader and enjoy long walks for exercise. I also play some pickleball and golf, if that is what you want to call them. I will be a snowbird for a few years until I decide to sell the house in New York State. The longest time I have ever stayed in my villa is 10 days. Looking forward to spending the winter in sunshine! I will be arriving in late fall and am looking forward to the next chapter in my book of life. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:06 PM

Congratulations on retirement fellow upstater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
My name is Karen and I have owned a home in Bonita since 2008, but only used it occasionally since I was not yet retired. My official last day of work is Friday, June 21! I have been a high school business teacher for 33 years. I am an avid reader and enjoy long walks for exercise. I also play some pickleball and golf, if that is what you want to call them. I will be a snowbird for a few years until I decide to sell the house in New York State. The longest time I have ever stayed in my villa is 10 days. Looking forward to spending the winter in sunshine! I will be arriving in late fall and am looking forward to the next chapter in my book of life. Hope to meet some of you soon.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.