Meet and greet NEW SINGLES

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Hey ya'll, anybody want to go to Brownwood Farmer's Mkt Sat A.M?
Cha and I met Misky (Steve) at the Farmer's Market today. TOTV is a great way to network. Steve and I exchanged numbers by PM and then met briefly in the square.
It was a lovely safe way to say hello and get to know another single person.
Nice to meet you, Steve!
Kitty
Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
My name is Karen and I have owned a home in Bonita since 2008, but only used it occasionally since I was not yet retired. My official last day of work is Friday, June 21! I have been a high school business teacher for 33 years. I am an avid reader and enjoy long walks for exercise. I also play some pickleball and golf, if that is what you want to call them. I will be a snowbird for a few years until I decide to sell the house in New York State. The longest time I have ever stayed in my villa is 10 days. Looking forward to spending the winter in sunshine! I will be arriving in late fall and am looking forward to the next chapter in my book of life. Hope to meet some of you soon.
oh my heavens Karen, you are missing some ghastly hot humid weather...hoping you will post here often so we get to know what you're up to between now and fall...
Old 06-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to happylady

My name is Fran and I am from Massachusetts. I am a widow. i have lived in The Villages a little over a year. I enjoy walking,volunteering and traveling. I always enjoy meeting people and making new friends.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Default Way to go Kitty!

My God, Kitty...the butterfly has definitely shed her cocoon. I agree with Chax3, you are the rightful leader of our reticent minority. After all, was it not you who invited all the singles who posted on the 'FOR SINGLES ONLY' thread to a party at your home - and after only a page of posts? In just 2 months time, you have put a huge dent in that invisible wall and have brought quite a few people together for the first time. You are amazing, brave and inspiring. Nicely done. I say!

Katie
Old 06-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Sage

Hey Katie! I'm too lazy for title except Retired.
Kitty
Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to happylady

My name is Fran and I moved from Massachusetts to The Villages a little over a year ago.
My hobbies are traveling,walking and volunteering.I have met a lot of nice people in the clubs that I have joined.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Sage

Sandra! when are you going to Vegas? what do you like about it? do you go to farmer's markets?
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREDSFW View Post
My name is Sandra. I was a North Carolina tarheel for 55 years + 13 years in Virginia. I retired in 2009--worked in insurance offices for 48 years & I don't want to answer anymore insurance questions. My husband of 39 years died 3-2012 in a lawn mower accident. I have two sisters living here & another sister who purchased a house here but hasn't moved yet. I moved here to be near my family. One of my sisters is handicap & stays every other week with me. Since moving here last October, I have taken up golf & become a vegetarian. I am a very independent person & enjoy looking up dead people (genealogy). I have no children so I can pretty much do what I want to do. I do love Las Vegas. Just booked my next trip. Haven't been to a dance in 20 years. I enjoy talking & quiet moments. My computer is in the sunroom & faces the reserve behind my house. I enjoy seeing the pine trees & the squirrels running up & down the fence. I'm laid back except when it comes to driving. I have a hard time with the speed limit here. I know I am retired but I want to get where I am going as my time is valuable. PS--my sister would tell you that I am too opinionated. I always give her a hard time, but she is my baby sister.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by happylady View Post
My name is Fran and I moved from Massachusetts to The Villages a little over a year ago.
My hobbies are traveling,walking and volunteering.I have met a lot of nice people in the clubs that I have joined.
Fran, I'm curious what clubs you have joined and where you volunteer?
Kitty
Old 06-16-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Hey Katie! I'm too lazy for title except Retired.
Kitty
Even if it comes with a diamond tiara?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerogers View Post
Even if it comes with a diamond tiara?
Lol! Especially not anything that suggests I should behave myself or make appearances....
Old 06-16-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Lol! Especially not anything that suggests I should behave myself or make appearances....
Understood, Your Highness. We'll hire your understudy for the personal appearances, except for boat launchings and movie premieres.

A Lady in Waiting.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum member

Hi, I'm Jackie. I'm currently transitioning to my cyv in Duval. Last day of full time work is June 28. I am a pharmacist working at a VA Hospital. Between watching Federal inefficiency and many (not all, thank goodness) people trying to scam the system, I, too, have lost my pollyanna outlook. I'm a divorced female, with a son with one year of college to go (sorry, Kitty, Go 'Noles). Like to garden, read, travel, go to movies, have dinner and good conversation. Looking forward to adding to my activities. Hope to be there at least half time in July. Waiting for my house in St. Petersburg area to sell so will still be working part time until then.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Hi, I'm Jackie. I'm currently transitioning to my cyv in Duval. Last day of full time work is June 28. I am a pharmacist working at a VA Hospital. Between watching Federal inefficiency and many (not all, thank goodness) people trying to scam the system, I, too, have lost my pollyanna outlook. I'm a divorced female, with a son with one year of college to go (sorry, Kitty, Go 'Noles). Like to garden, read, travel, go to movies, have dinner and good conversation. Looking forward to adding to my activities. Hope to be there at least half time in July. Waiting for my house in St. Petersburg area to sell so will still be working part time until then.
HI Jackie, welcome! Keep us up to We'll get together in July, I hope. Congratulations on your retirement and your life ahead in TV.
Kitty
Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum member

Kitty,

I so want to meet you...you've made some comments (Pollyanna for one, the need for re-charging another) that rung true to me. Plus, you apparently are not adverse to going to movies like Iron Man....I'll be looking for someone to go to those types of movies with me. and then there's that football game held every year....
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Kitty,

I so want to meet you...you've made some comments (Pollyanna for one, the need for re-charging another) that rung true to me. Plus, you apparently are not adverse to going to movies like Iron Man....I'll be looking for someone to go to those types of movies with me. and then there's that football game held every year....
YES! We do have plenty in common! Keep in touch and if I can help you with getting oriented, let me know. We can pm phone numbers when you want to talk or are close to arriving. won't be long!
Kitty
ps GO GATORS!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.