Meet and greet NEW SINGLES

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Platinum member

thanks.look forward to it..btw I'm doing the tomahawk chop while writing this....
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage

I'm trying out my new gator dentures...am I lookin' good or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
thanks.look forward to it..btw I'm doing the tomahawk chop while writing this....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	gatordentures.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	15735  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum member

game on, girl....lol
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Hey Everyone!!
Debra here and have been here for 2 years. I joined TOTV before I moved from NC and also read the book. I love TV!! I have a daughter who is going to UNF and lives here in the summer and 2 little Maltese dogs. Playing social golf but would like to really learn to do well at it. I like the SBB's bike and hike clubs although too hot right now.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Platinum member

Hi, Debra, my son almost went to UNF--beautiful school. I have two chihuahua mixes
I tried golf once with my son but he's too competitive and it turned me off to the game...might be interested in trying again in a more social setting
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

Hi all -- I moved here in 2010 to be near my sister, by way of Sunnyvale, CA > Grand Forks, ND > Rochester, MN > Pago Pago, AS > Honolulu, HI > Saipan, MP > Mountain Iron, MN > Denver, CO > Austin, TX. Previous careers include secretary (ah, the 60s), Audiologist/Speech Pathologist and Librarian, which prepared me for computer software support not at all, yet that's what I find myself doing. I work remotely, which is awesome when I need to take the clothes out of the dryer in the middle of a meeting. Mute!

I broke my personal rule of "no spouse, no kids, no pets, no plants" with a couple of husbands along the way, but lesson emphatically learned. I'm not wife material.

Turn-ons include sitting my butt on the couch, watching HGTV, playing board games, and reading. I used to collect English red and white transferware and Simpsons World of Wonder playsets but don't anymore so why mention it.

I tell myself I don't attend many TV activities or clubs because they're all during the day when I'm working, but the truth is I'm pretty lazy. As I get older, the list of things that are Too Much Trouble gets longer and longer. An introvert, I draw strength and recharge by being alone.

Lori
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Hi all -- I moved here in 2010 to be near my sister, by way of Sunnyvale, CA > Grand Forks, ND > Rochester, MN > Pago Pago, AS > Honolulu, HI > Saipan, MP > Mountain Iron, MN > Denver, CO > Austin, TX. Previous careers include secretary (ah, the 60s), Audiologist/Speech Pathologist and Librarian, which prepared me for computer software support not at all, yet that's what I find myself doing. I work remotely, which is awesome when I need to take the clothes out of the dryer in the middle of a meeting. Mute!

I broke my personal rule of "no spouse, no kids, no pets, no plants" with a couple of husbands along the way, but lesson emphatically learned. I'm not wife material.

Turn-ons include sitting my butt on the couch, watching HGTV, playing board games, and reading. I used to collect English red and white transferware and Simpsons World of Wonder playsets but don't anymore so why mention it.

I tell myself I don't attend many TV activities or clubs because they're all during the day when I'm working, but the truth is I'm pretty lazy. As I get older, the list of things that are Too Much Trouble gets longer and longer. An introvert, I draw strength and recharge by being alone.

Lori
Question, is it not a requirement to have an India accent to work as a computer software support tech. I’m sorry it is late and I am tired and the devil took over and made me say that.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Question, is it not a requirement to have an India accent to work as a computer software support tech. I’m sorry it is late and I am tired and the devil took over and made me say that.
Ron, you should've come over for a drink...
Kitty
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	koolaidhappy.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	15800  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Ron, you should've come over for a drink...
Kitty
I am still working on my kaka or was it dodo dilemma. It’s hard to make progress when the person on the other end of the line is an answering machine. If you hear swearing off in the distance that’s me but not to worry I am just talking to myself.

So as I set waiting for a return phone call I remember Miss Kitty.
The Villages Florida
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Question, is it not a requirement to have an India accent to work as a computer software support tech.
How do you know I don't? <eyebrow waggle>

Okay, I don't but can offer up a slight speech impairment that affects the way I pronounce my Ls and Rs well (and again, my name is Lori). People have been known to ask me if I'm from NY.

Remind me to talk like Apu at work next April Fool's Day!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage

Ron, i have gone over every post on this thread and cannot find out what your ka ka or do do dilemma is all about! sounds like there's a story there!! i happen to know that our miss kitty is doing a good deed for another friend who needed a ride to the ER! it really is good to have friends when you need them! it is good to see the happy repartee among the newbies here. can't wait for the do do story!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Ron, i have gone over every post on this thread and cannot find out what your ka ka or do do dilemma is all about! sounds like there's a story there!! i happen to know that our miss kitty is doing a good deed for another friend who needed a ride to the ER! it really is good to have friends when you need them! it is good to see the happy repartee among the newbies here. can't wait for the do do story!
The kaka story came to light in a couple of pm’s and was offered as a explanation for my temporary self imposed isolation. Long story short, I am working a “my money retention program.”

I insist things run smooth around my house, when they don’t……
The Villages Florida
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Sage

ron, a word of advice about the perverse sense of humor of the universe.....recently i decided to take a very expensive (for me) family trip to europe...therefore, i embarked on my own "money retention program", vowing to cut expenditures to make up for some of this extravagance. almost immediately my sprinkler system broke and i had to spend $40 to fix it and $85 on extra water which ran while i was out of town! i had to spend $75 to spray some bagworms on my tree! my niece decided to get married which will cost over $1000 with airfare, rental car and gift. in short, if i decide i will be too frugal, the universe finds some way to force me to spend money! so just forget your money retention program, get out here and join us for some fun while we still are healthy enough to enjoy it! leave the green hulk in the closet
Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
ron, a word of advice about the perverse sense of humor of the universe.....recently i decided to take a very expensive (for me) family trip to europe...therefore, i embarked on my own "money retention program", vowing to cut expenditures to make up for some of this extravagance. almost immediately my sprinkler system broke and i had to spend $40 to fix it and $85 on extra water which ran while i was out of town! i had to spend $75 to spray some bagworms on my tree! my niece decided to get married which will cost over $1000 with airfare, rental car and gift. in short, if i decide i will be too frugal, the universe finds some way to force me to spend money! so just forget your money retention program, get out here and join us for some fun while we still are healthy enough to enjoy it! leave the green hulk in the closet
Dianne, you are so sweet, dear and special. There are times when my financial concerns affect the lifetime moreso than the temporary. I was in the same boat as Ron and was totally nuts about outcomes...like the mortgage that went thru 6 days before closing. Maybe Ron's gotta do what he's gotta do now and drink kool-aid later?
Let us know when you can, Ron!
Love,
Kitty
Old 06-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Sage

So Ron came up for air last night to have dinner with Steve, Hil, Cha and me at Evans Prairie. I am having the time of my life meeting so many new friends! I came from a small town with a tiny population of age-mate singles, and ONE of them was retired. This is my heydey. Anybody wanna do anything? PM me, I'm having as much fun as a dog after a ball on a waxed floor!
Kitty
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.