Meetup goups for singles

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts
Default Meetup goups for singles

Are there any meetup groups for singles in The Villages? I belong to several where I live now. Some of the organizers are ingenious in coming up with new (to me) and enjoyable places to go and things to do.

This weekend will be a busy one for me. Tonight I am going to a "New York Style" dance party, tomorrow to a burrito making party and game night and on a hike on Sunday. Karaoke nights, wine tastings, bike rides, speed meetups (like speed dating, but to get to meet lots of people in an evening) coupled with dancing afterward and all sorts of themed dances based on the holiday of the season are oganized. Weekend trips to various fairs and festivals also get organized.

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-13-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Default That sounds like a fun weekend

I have been divorced for a long time now,although my 3 children live with me. If I am still single when I retire, I wonder if I will have as much fun in TV as you seem to be having. I sure hope so!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Sage
Default lots to do

well, apparently manabouttown does not yet live in the villages, but i can assure him that there are many opportunities here for fun with single friends. there are three official singles groups who sponsor activities but also many of us try to plan things with our own unofficial group of congenial friends. i like the idea of the burrito making party! you are fortunate to have some ingenious leadership. karaoke abounds everywhere here, but i don't think i have ever seen a speed dating setup within the villages, but yes nearby. speed is not one of our strong suites here keep having fun!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i like the idea of the burrito making party!
Chachacha,
Remember the Franco-American spaghetti cooking party your hosted for your single friends a while back? You did a great job explaining how to open the can and cook it.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Sage
Default don't pay any attention

don't pay any attention to tkret! although he does make a better eggplant parmesan than i ever could! we all love him in spite of his idiosyncrasies!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Hi Chachacha,

I am a single widow, age 63, and I am coming to TV Nov. 16 to 29. I've rented a house in Winifred. I'd like to go to some of the singles events while I'm there. Could you suggest some that I could go to where I would be welcome - I am still not a Villager - just trying to get it. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Default You already made me tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Are there any meetup groups for singles in The Villages? I belong to several where I live now. Some of the organizers are ingenious in coming up with new (to me) and enjoyable places to go and things to do.

This weekend will be a busy one for me. Tonight I am going to a "New York Style" dance party, tomorrow to a burrito making party and game night and on a hike on Sunday. Karaoke nights, wine tastings, bike rides, speed meetups (like speed dating, but to get to meet lots of people in an evening) coupled with dancing afterward and all sorts of themed dances based on the holiday of the season are oganized. Weekend trips to various fairs and festivals also get organized.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Sage
Default pm

veronica i sent you a pm on the activities during that time and i will help you any way i can...as for branson, you had better start taking some geritol if you plan to live here! we may not be speedy but we are constantly in motion...just kidding, anyone can do as much or as little as they want...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.