Missing All My Friends....

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM

Katie, your view is gorgeous. I'm a northern MA, southern NH native, mostly the Monadnock Region, near Keene. New Hampshire is the prettiest place in the world, as your photos reminded me. I grew up on a lovely, small but deep-water Massachusetts lake, swimming out to the island and picking blueberries, and I pine for it every day (in Illinois for now). Like missing a loved one, there's not a day that goes by when my mind does not think of New Hampshire--from the planes pulling banners at Hampton Beach, to the rural backroads of Salinger's Cornish--I adore it all.

I'm sort of living through you in a way. Why? You moved to TV not too long ago, and the entire keeping-two-homes thing intrigues me. Not the cost, but the upkeep, worry, etc., esp. your home in Meredith (I know they have lawnkeepers and home sitter in TV). You must have family to check on your home in N.H. all winter, I imagine.

It's nice to see that you miss your friends in TV. I can see how you would. It's funny to me that more Villagers don't visit one another up north in the summers; not you, just in general, seems that the northern-summering Villagers don't gather when up north. But, I could be wrong on that.

I have no idea what I mean by all this. I only wish to commiserate with you, a fellow northerner who loves the Granite State...loves, loves, LOVES it. :-) --Steve
Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
Katie, your view is gorgeous. I'm a northern MA, southern NH native, mostly the Monadnock Region, near Keene. New Hampshire is the prettiest place in the world, as your photos reminded me. I grew up on a lovely, small but deep-water Massachusetts lake, swimming out to the island and picking blueberries, and I pine for it every day (in Illinois for now). Like missing a loved one, there's not a day that goes by when my mind does not think of New Hampshire--from the planes pulling banners at Hampton Beach, to the rural backroads of Salinger's Cornish--I adore it all.

I'm sort of living through you in a way. Why? You moved to TV not too long ago, and the entire keeping-two-homes thing intrigues me. Not the cost, but the upkeep, worry, etc., esp. your home in Meredith (I know they have lawnkeepers and home sitter in TV). You must have family to check on your home in N.H. all winter, I imagine.

It's nice to see that you miss your friends in TV. I can see how you would. It's funny to me that more Villagers don't visit one another up north in the summers; not you, just in general, seems that the northern-summering Villagers don't gather when up north. But, I could be wrong on that.

I have no idea what I mean by all this. I only wish to commiserate with you, a fellow northerner who loves the Granite State...loves, loves, LOVES it. :-) --Steve
Steve, thank you for the nice note. I sent you a PM about maintaining two houses. I haven't looked at this thread for some time, so I missed some of the posts. It's nice to see how many Villages like NH as much as I do. Hopefully next summer some of my Village friends would be willing to take the trip north.

Katie
Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Keene native

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post

Steve, I'm a Keene native and love the area as well, but wouldn't trade the lifestyle here for anything. All of my siblings and most of their children still live there and it's great to visit them, but I have trouble figuring out what I would do all day if I still lived there!

B.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the PM, Katie. I will reply to it. Your advice is very good. Thank you.

B., from Keene! Howdy! You ask what would you do in Keene? You mean before or after reading the Daily Sentinel over a Dunkin Donut and coffee, climbing Mount Monadnock (adore the Spellman Trail--the steepest!), having dinner at Lindy's Diner, then watching the college kids put on a musical at Keene State? lol Okay, most of that can be done in the wintertime, too. All of it if one is Larry Davis.

This is off topic, but Katie probably wouldn't mind. Have you heard of local icon, Larry David, from Jaffrey, B? Check out this video, you will enjoy it, guaranteed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MonxZ0Ng2S4
Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

And you can't miss the Pumpkin Fest!!! (My company has offices in Keene)

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.