Missing All My Friends....

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Default Missing All My Friends....

Hi, Everyone

Well, I've been in New Hampshire for a couple of weeks now and frankly it's pretty lonely being here without all of you. Added to that, it's just now warming up.

I tried to upload a picture, but I'm not sure if it will make it to this post, as this is the first time that I've tried it. But, if you see a photo, it's a picture of my view from the house. Miserable weather and all.

It's funny how the Villages has changed me. Before hanging around with all of you, I loved it here. But, having made so many wonderful friends, in such a short time, I now realize that friends are where the heart is. And I hope you'll keep me in yours.

Katie
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	43260  
Old 06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

We missed you last night at Ron's house for a movie. Hurry and come back to us. Your picture did come thru. Nice view to look at every day, but we rather have you here. Hurry back!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Sage

Hey Sweetie,
Hearts out to you. Yep we can see the photo and it looks gloomy at that moment.
I'm wondering about the smells, sounds, sights, critters coming in the night...in real nature, not as I am here on a fake pond.
And your family? Yeah, brag...go ahead.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Sage

of course you are greatly missed, katie! you can keep up with our shananigans here on this site and keep us posted as to what you are thinking about up there by yourself...sometimes a little time for introspection is valuable. but not too much!!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 AM
Veteran member

Where are you in NH? My son lives in Raymond and my sisters live in Kensington (Exeter) and Seabrook.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM

Hi Katie
We are in an every day rainy spell, so there is a downside to The Villages in the summer. But it is dry indoors.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina

Hi Katie,
I feel your pain because I'm going home to Philly next week for the summer. The Villages lifestyle and the wonderful people here make it so hard to leave. On the one hand I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends, but there is certainly a lot less to do. BTW your view is spectacular and I hope that brings a smile to your face. Take good care and maybe our paths will meet in the Fall.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Hey Katie, everyone misses you!! I'm still hoping to steal a day when I'm in Mass. and come to see you. Guess what? Floor issue resolved!! Kiss Oliver for me?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Veteran member

I was in Meredith last weekend and had a wonderful breakfast at George's Diner! We have rented a place on Paugus Bay in August for my daughter's wedding and my hubby and I were over there checking everything out. I have a feeling life is a bit slower paced than in The Villages! It's good for you to get a few months off to rest up, I'd think. Good luck!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Gold member

after reading your post and seeing the picture could not figure out weather you were complaining or bragging
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Default The lakes region

Katie :Hope to be talking to you as soon as I get up there.

Understand how one can miss such great friends
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM

At least you aren't here in Rochester where beavers are pulling people from kayaks and attacking them!!!
Beaver attacks, pulls man off kayak - 13WHAM ABC Rochester NY - Top Stories
Old 06-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Thanks for all your nice posts. Since the weather has improved 100% I have been able to spend time in my rose garden - something I just finished a week before I left for the Villages. I took some photos of my new roses to share with you.

Most days are still pretty boring here - after all the good times I can easily recall there, but, the sun has finally taken over and that is magic for me.

I do have a nature story that is probably something you can't imagine happening there. I heard a noise at my trash can, outside, and assuming it was the pesky raccoon that has been plaguing me lately, I ran outside with broom in hand, yelling some obscenity and instead of watching the pest take off - as was his typical response - I came face to face with a huge black bear. To make matters worse, Oliver decided to play hero and snuck out behind me and ran right up to the bear, barking as if he was going to take him on. My first instinct was to run back in the house and hope the bear didn't get it into his head to come after me, but, with Oliver in attack mode I just stood there, with no idea what to do. Well, wouldn't you know, the bear turned tail and ran with Oliver at his heels. He smashed through my fence and took off and thankfully Oliver didn't follow. Fun times - in retrospect of course.

Hope my note finds you all well and happy.

Katie
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0575.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	43298   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	43299   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0563.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	43300  
Old 06-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Sage

wow, oliver fought off a black bear!!! how exciting! your roses are lovely! glad the sunshine has brightened your spirits. no beavers ready to attack you, i hope! keep us posted! miss you....
Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I was back in NH for 10 days for two graduations. Went to Ogunquit one day - it was so hot you could fry eggs on the sidewalk! The natives were walking around stripped down to strappy tops and shorts and sporting a great deal of very white skin. I imagine there were some 3rd degree burns that night. Then we had two days of non-stop rain and cold, then it warmed up and was hot and humid and the mosquitoes came out. They seem to be bigger and more aggressive this year. We were so very glad to get back home here to TV.

We also found it very expensive. Food prices very high. Missed the variety of fruit we take for granted. I guess we have become Floridians!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.