Ocala First Friday ART WALK Sept. 5 - Music/Dance

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Default Ocala First Friday ART WALK Sept. 5 - Music/Dance

Trying to round up a group of our "Unclub Singles", to go to Next Friday's Ocala Art Walk, which begins again with this upcoming show. Hours 6 - 9 p.m. There is also supposed to be live entertainment on the downtown square.

I can accommodate about 4 people comfortably in my car. Assuming enough people are interested, perhaps someone else could volunteer to carpool for other than the 4 I could take.

Here is a video
First Friday Art Walk | EnjoyOcala.com

ALSO, I checked out some places we could go to later to hear music, eat, drink, if that is what appeals to you.

Coconut Jacks Beach Club - 1512 SW Tenth St., corner of SR200 & MLK, Ocala, FL, 34471 - (352) 694-5225 - Over 15,000 sq. ft. of FUN. Coconut Jacks is Ocala's ONLY smoke free nightclub. We play the best in 70's, 80's 90's & todays best music. On Friday -International Night with DJ Joe Ortiz

Or:
Ocala Wine Experience
Old 08-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Sage
Default thanks!

thanks for a great idea! i would enjoy that if it is not raining Harry's is a good place for corn chowder soup! that nightclub sounds fun! a change of scene once in a while is nice....let's see how many are interested!

this certainly has been a fun few days with the movie on thurs, the GREAT benefit concert on friday, bill's for movie night tonight! life is good!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
thanks for a great idea! i would enjoy that if it is not raining Harry's is a good place for corn chowder soup! that nightclub sounds fun! a change of scene once in a while is nice....let's see how many are interested!

this certainly has been a fun few days with the movie on thurs, the GREAT benefit concert on friday, bill's for movie night tonight! life is good!
Thank you, Cha Cha Cha, for your suggestion, soup sounds good. Hard to plan on rain, but we can hope.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Sounds like a sure thing to me! Sign me up for one of those seats in your car! No maybe about it!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 AM

surething Did u get my message?? I am new at this so I am not sure if I am doing it right I would like to go on Friday Nite Do u still have room for one more?? Thanks Kas
Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 AM

This sounds like fun, I'm game for this outing. I will drive if it would help.

I arrived in the Villages for my 1st time yesterday afternoon and would love to meet some people and also try and get my bearings here in the Villages. I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.
Donald

P.S. I'll be here for the month of September.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:40 AM

O.k., you are in. Will send more details in a few days. Will plan on leaving from a central point around 5-ish
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
This sounds like fun, I'm game for this outing. I will drive if it would help.

I arrived in the Villages for my 1st time yesterday afternoon and would love to meet some people and also try and get my bearings here in the Villages. I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.
Donald

P.S. I'll be here for the month of September.
Hi Donald. Welcome to The Villages and looking forward to meeting you and sharing with you what we can about living here. Thank you for your kind offer re transportation. We are now full for my car, but if there are any more people who will be joining us, then we would need to arrange another driver. I live So. of 466A, very near Morse Blvd. Will send more details later in the week about WHERE we will leave from, but you should plan on leaving around 5-ish. In what area are you staying?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Sage

Kathleen! Thanks for stirring up the singles. I will be gone a couple of weeks and hope to get to some of the events you find after that...good stuff!
Old 09-01-2014, 12:18 PM

I am in the village of Lynnhaven. I will need an actual address for my GPS, I don't know the area at all and, unfortunately, directionally challenged. I have my options set to be PM'd by anyone. I will provide my personal contact information within my response. Again, sounds like it will be a fun evening...thanks for setting it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surething View Post
Hi Donald. Welcome to The Villages and looking forward to meeting you and sharing with you what we can about living here. Thank you for your kind offer re transportation. We are now full for my car, but if there are any more people who will be joining us, then we would need to arrange another driver. I live So. of 466A, very near Morse Blvd. Will send more details later in the week about WHERE we will leave from, but you should plan on leaving around 5-ish. In what area are you staying?
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Oops, I wanted to mention that this is an amazing place. I was taking a bike ride this morning and met a few people at the Lynnhaven pool and was invited to a holiday pool party this afternoon. Who knew...
Old 09-01-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Kathleen! Thanks for stirring up the singles. I will be gone a couple of weeks and hope to get to some of the events you find after that...good stuff!
We will miss you, Kitty. But you will have a grand time on your trip. Be sure to take lots of photos! Will see you next time at whatever event you can make.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Default FRIDAY 9/5 ARTWALK -meeting loc.

Quote:
Trying to round up a group of our "Unclub Singles", to go to Next Friday's Ocala Art Walk, which begins again with this upcoming show. Hours 6 - 9 p.m. There is also supposed to be live entertainment on the downtown square.

I can accommodate about 4 people comfortably in my car. Assuming enough people are interested, perhaps someone else could volunteer to carpool for other than the 4 I could take.

Here is a video
First Friday Art Walk | EnjoyOcala.com

ALSO, I checked out some places we could go to later to hear music, eat, drink, if that is what appeals to you.

Coconut Jacks Beach Club - 1512 SW Tenth St., corner of SR200 & MLK, Ocala, FL, 34471 - (352) 694-5225 - Over 15,000 sq. ft. of FUN. Coconut Jacks is Ocala's ONLY smoke free nightclub. We play the best in 70's, 80's 90's & todays best music. On Friday -International Night with DJ Joe Ortiz

Or:
Ocala Wine Experience

I AM THINKING WE SHOULD MEET AT WALMART parking lot, near the Garden Center area. Address is 4085 Wedgewood Ln., The Villages, just off 466. This would be convenient for Don, Bill and close to 301. We could meet there at 5:30 pm and be in Ocala around 6. For any who want to go separately, it looks like the Appleton Museum of Art is very central to the Art Walk, entertainment, and it might be easy to park there, although I've never visited Ocala. Appleton's address is ***3 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala 34470. Assume there wouldn't be a problem parking there after hours.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
I AM THINKING WE SHOULD MEET AT WALMART parking lot, near the Garden Center area. Address is 4085 Wedgewood Ln., The Villages, just off 466. This would be convenient for Don, Bill and close to 301. We could meet there at 5:30 pm and be in Ocala around 6. For any who want to go separately, it looks like the Appleton Museum of Art is very central to the Art Walk, entertainment, and it might be easy to park there, although I've never visited Ocala. Appleton's address is ***3 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala 34470. Assume there wouldn't be a problem parking there after hours.
since we are meeting at walmart it would be nice to take 466 to 484 to the turnpike rather than coming back south. the appleton museum is lovely (another day trip) but it really is not walking distance to the downtown area where the art walk will most likely be centered. there should be enough parking along the side streets....NOW IF it turns out to be a rainy washout, may i suggest that we still meet and get a bite to eat and attend the monthly meeting of the Actors Studio at Bacall Rec Center...it is a lot of fun. so either way we will enjoy each other's company!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
since we are meeting at walmart it would be nice to take 466 to 484 to the turnpike rather than coming back south. the appleton museum is lovely (another day trip) but it really is not walking distance to the downtown area where the art walk will most likely be centered. there should be enough parking along the side streets....NOW IF it turns out to be a rainy washout, may i suggest that we still meet and get a bite to eat and attend the monthly meeting of the Actors Studio at Bacall Rec Center...it is a lot of fun. so either way we will enjoy each other's company!
I think that route is what surething plans, but it is 466 to 301 to 484 to I-75 north. No use of turnpike.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.