PARTY on July 6th! (new thread)

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Default PARTY on July 6th! (new thread)

Hello.

I want to extend an invitation to any and all singles (and friends) here on TOTV to join us for a get-together that I'm having at my house on Saturday, July 6th. We'll start about 6 p.m.

Please don't be put off by the Singles designation - it's a great way to meet and greet new friends of both sexes. Men - the women won't be shoving casseroles at you! But we will have lots of yummy food as it's a potluck. Theme is beach/seafood but we'll have plenty for those who might be allergic, etc.

We had a wonderful time at the last party and hope to see YOU this time?

Just let me know if you'd like to come and I'll pm my info.

Carol

(I started a new thread about our get-together because it was in the middle of another thread.)
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Hello.

I want to extend an invitation to any and all singles (and friends) here on TOTV to join us for a get-together that I'm having at my house on Saturday, July 6th. We'll start about 6 p.m.

Please don't be put off by the Singles designation - it's a great way to meet and greet new friends of both sexes. Men - the women won't be shoving casseroles at you! But we will have lots of yummy food as it's a potluck. Theme is beach/seafood but we'll have plenty for those who might be allergic, etc.

Carol

(I started a new thread about our get-together because it was in the middle of another thread.)
good idea, Carol. I'll bring chicken n dumplins or watermelon or carmelized pineapple ham or summer fruits or....?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 AM

The Single Baby Boomers are ALSO having a party on July 6th - from 4 til 9.

Thanks for the most kind offer of hosting a party at your house. Would be there if not for the conflict.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTexan View Post
The Single Baby Boomers are ALSO having a party on July 6th - from 4 til 9.

Thanks for the most kind offer of hosting a party at your house. Would be there if not for the conflict.
one of the groups was having a block party the evening of my party too. good to know there's plenty to do. I get lost in the crowd, so I'll be at Carol's!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Sage

i am going to bring stuffed shells (but they are not sea shells!) pasta stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, spinach....with tomato sauce....we can pretend they are sea shells!
looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Hello.

Carol

Thanks for the invitation. I'll bring anything that can be bought at a store!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM

I have been living in The Villages for almost a year.. About time I start to do some events. I would love to come, but, it all depends on my work schedule. I will get back to you..
Old 06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Sage

Ms. ChaCha : Could I get a " rain-check" on those " stuffed shells " since I have to go out of town . Been thinking about them all day ! Now I must go out and find a " pasta-fix" .

Also I have heard about those " casserole ladies " but none ever have knocked on my door ! Best , Jim
Old 06-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Sage

sure jim, we'll put a couple in the freezer for you! sorry you have to miss the fun! and steve, glad you will be there with whatever you buy at the store! sounds like we will have a nice bunch like last time! we can maybe hold hands and offer a prayer for our friend gee whiz. carpe diem, folks, life is short and oh, so fragile.....
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
sure jim, we'll put a couple in the freezer for you! sorry you have to miss the fun! and steve, glad you will be there with whatever you buy at the store! sounds like we will have a nice bunch like last time! we can maybe hold hands and offer a prayer for our friend gee whiz. carpe diem, folks, life is short and oh, so fragile.....
Diane,

Remembering Gary like that is such a wonderful idea!

Carol
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

I would like to try to come....will be up that weekend taking care of the villa (waiting to make permanent move until my house sells). Since I don't have any cookware or anything else in the house, I'll have to buy something--believe me, with my cooking skills, you are much better off.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Hi Jackie,

We're all looking forward to meeting You!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Sage

just read the post elsewhere about a memorial service for gary (gee whiz) on friday from 10-12 at Odell Center, sponsored by his Beatlemaniac group and friends, neighbors and family...his adored son Sam will be playing there. come for a few minutes or stay the whole time...i think it is great! but we can still hold hands and pray for him at our party, too! had no idea he was going through such terrible challenges! a brave soul!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Hello.

Carol

Hi Carol, I'd love to attend your party!. Alexandra
Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 AM

Hi Alexandra! Sent you a pm.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.