Potential Single Resident

Old 04-08-2024, 04:24 PM
Default Potential Single Resident

Hi all! Male/54 relocating to Florida this summer and considering the Villages. I visited last weekend and got the tour. Planning to come back down the week of April 15 for a deeper dive. Would appreciate a recommendation on what to see/do while there to get the most immersion possible in the community. Possibly meet some other singles to get their perspective. Any suggestions appreciated!
Old 04-08-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLover24 View Post
Hi all! Male/54 relocating to Florida this summer and considering the Villages. I visited last weekend and got the tour. Planning to come back down the week of April 15 for a deeper dive. Would appreciate a recommendation on what to see/do while there to get the most immersion possible in the community. Possibly meet some other singles to get their perspective. Any suggestions appreciated!
You sound serious. If you are considering buying a house or villa here, I would suggest driving the various areas such as historic area, northern, Lake Sumter area and south of 466A and the new southern villages. The object would be to rule in or rule out some areas. As for meeting singles, look at the weekly rec section that comes out on Thursday and look in the back for the list of singles clubs. That would be a start. Good luck! Lots of singles residents here!
Old 04-08-2024, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,752 Times in 5,258 Posts

I hope you like older women because I don't think you will find many women in your age group. There are lots of widows in their late 60's and 70's, but very few unattached women who are under 60. I would suggest you attend a few singles group activities.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:58 PM

Be sure to take a golf cart around Spanish Springs and visit that long stretch of a ride underneath all those oaks and Spanish Moss - beautiful!
Old 04-09-2024, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hi, I’m a 58 yr female and have lived here for 2 years. I bought south of 44. 2 doors down was a 38 year old professional poker player who lived there until she recently sold it. The street over is a pilot in his 40’s. There are also lots of people who are in their 40’s-50’s+ who might be living with older parents to help take care of them. I think most of the younger people live south of 44. It’s very different than the northern parts, which isn’t to say better, just different lifestyles. There are plenty of people to meet and also people from the surrounding towns like Leesburg, Lady Lake, etc who also go to the squares. I mean the owner of TV daughter Paige Boone used to be married to a local Leesburg guy. A lawyer friend of mine from Leesburg is 56 and she lives in TV. There are facebook groups and clubs for people born in the 60’s-70’s. Though you’re coming at a strange time in that lots of folks have started to head back to their other home for the summer so it might be a little slower.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

There are a few north of 466.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Try City Fire.

A 10-foot pole is recommended.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,091 Times in 5,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Try City Fire.

A 10-foot pole is recommended.
City Fire is the place, buy a round for the house and you will get very popular.

Go visit the squares and talk to people.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:22 AM
Smile I moved here at 53, single female

I moved at 53 back in 2020, single female. Lots of groups on facebook.

50 Something in The Villages
Gen X 60’s - 70’s - Villages South of 44
Born In the 1960's The Villages Florida
Singles in The Villages

All more women then men.

I also have a rental in Village of Richmond, 5 min cart ride to Brownwood Paddock Square. Awesome location and very social village if interested in renting before buying. Rent From A Villager | Rental Homes in The Villages Florida | Advertise Your Village Rental
Old 04-10-2024, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

Sunlover....you need about a month here to get the full scope of what's offered. also, several singles groups to join and also groups from your home area to join. districtgov.org in the recreation tab is a good place to start. Also, join Nextdoor.com for great references and advise and recommendations
Old 04-10-2024, 06:35 AM

There are literally dozens of singles clubs. I think one of the biggest is SITV - Single in the Villages. Every area has a singles club, every big sport (golf, pickleball, etc...) has a singles club, churches have singles clubs. There are allot of us. A HUGE misconception is that the singles and young people are mostly down south. The northern area (north of 466) is now turning over from the original residents passing away or moving into assisted living, and guess who is buying? People in their 50s and early 60s. Go to the squares, participate in as many activities as you can, get out and talk to people. Do not listen to Village sales agents. And if you are unfamiliar with central Florida and the Villages, you need ALLOT longer than a weekend. Have fun!!
Old 04-10-2024, 06:42 AM
Default Golfers Should Buy Pre-Owned Home in North & Middle of TV

Quote:
If you are a Golfer shopping for a home in The Villages, you should NOT purchase a New Home in the Southern Areas, which have very few Executive Golf Courses. Rather, you should buy a Pre-Owned home in the Middle or Northern areas which have plenty of golf courses nearby.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,144 Times in 884 Posts

I'm in the historic section and there are more and more of us who are younger. Much cheaper homes are available and fun to renovate if you're into that. Enjoy your adventure. It's awesome here.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,870 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I hope you like older women because I don't think you will find many women in your age group. There are lots of widows in their late 60's and 70's, but very few unattached women who are under 60. I would suggest you attend a few singles group activities.
True. And in my experience, those on online dating sites who say they are 58 are often ten years older but imagine they look 58. I’ve heard that the singles clubs can provide good companionship, but generally not people your age. “Young stuff” that shows up there can receive a lot of attention, but often from people your parents’ age. Late night at City Fire is said to be the “singles bar” in The Villages, but that’s not my thing. You are more likely to find people close to your age buying new houses in the Deep South than in the North, but most that age are married. If you want to golf and play other sports every day, you can find lots of guys around to do that with. You will be welcomed.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleprice View Post
If you are a Golfer shopping for a home in The Villages, you should NOT purchase a New Home in the Southern Areas, which have very few Executive Golf Courses. Rather, you should buy a Pre-Owned home in the Middle or Northern areas which have plenty of golf courses nearby.
There will be 4 additional executive courses and 3 additional championship courses within the next 2 years in the southern areas of TV.

Tags
potential, dive, recommendation, see/do, immersion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.