Roll Call.........

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Veteran member
Cool Roll Call.........

It's been awfully quiet in the Singles Forum so I'm just stimulating some activity so the forum doesn't get bumped-off like it did once - and saying "don't forget me" - I'm still a wannabee, checking in !

TV Singles...... whatcha up to ?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 AM

Hello,
Just a rainy sunday here in Ma. Trying to sell my house so I won't be a wannabee anymore. I saw a sight called The WannaB club do you know how to join?
Jmemc
Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Veteran member
Talking General Discussions or Social Group ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemc46 View Post
Hello,
Just a rainy sunday here in Ma. Trying to sell my house so I won't be a wannabee anymore. I saw a sight called The WannaB club do you know how to join?
Jmemc

Hi jmemc Just click on the thread..... like you did here..... and post your comment ! or are you talking about the Social Group by that name ???????? At the top of this page, there is a box in the left corner, click on Social Groups and join !!

I'm a wannabee also, used to live in s/Florida for over 30 years and relocated out west when I retired. I think I did it backwards...... usually people retire from the frozen north to the south

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 03-29-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: addition
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Veteran member

I'm still lurking CIB. Still a wannabee as well. Hopefully, I will make it to TV later this year. I've a feeling that the singles already living in TV are too busy and having too much fun to bother writing here any longer. They seem to have a good group that travel around to all the dancing spots.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Platinum member

CIB:

Lest you think I've disappeared or gone elsewhere or whatever, I'll assure you that I'm still here!

For the "umpteenth" time, I had real computer difficulties. Turns out to have been a really bad buy, 2 1/2 years ago. After numerous frustrating sessions with service contract folks, I managed to get some relief.

Now, equipped with a powerful and highly friendly new computer, I am making my way back. There's still a great deal of work to do to resurrect old documents, spreadsheets, etc., but I feel pretty comfortable that I won't go down again!

Meanwhile, my cruise with my daughters and sons-in-law was very successful. I have converted four more folks to the pleasures of cruising! Even after 5 of the 7 nights in which the sea was classified as "Rough!"

While I'm still recovering from my lack of computer and from having been away, I am still here, and will be at TOTV's luncheon on 17 April.

YOU REALLY MUST COME VISIT US. I KNOW THAT PORTLAND IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE, BUT TV ARE BETTER!

SWR
Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Swr.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
CIB:

Lest you think I've disappeared or gone elsewhere or whatever, I'll assure you that I'm still here!

For the "umpteenth" time, I had real computer difficulties. Turns out to have been a really bad buy, 2 1/2 years ago. After numerous frustrating sessions with service contract folks, I managed to get some relief.

Now, equipped with a powerful and highly friendly new computer, I am making my way back. There's still a great deal of work to do to resurrect old documents, spreadsheets, etc., but I feel pretty comfortable that I won't go down again!

Meanwhile, my cruise with my daughters and sons-in-law was very successful. I have converted four more folks to the pleasures of cruising! Even after 5 of the 7 nights in which the sea was classified as "Rough!"

While I'm still recovering from my lack of computer and from having been away, I am still here, and will be at TOTV's luncheon on 17 April.

YOU REALLY MUST COME VISIT US. I KNOW THAT PORTLAND IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE, BUT TV ARE BETTER!

SWR
JmemC & BestMickey..... thanks for checking-in.

SWR........ I'm glad you're well and are definitely having more fun than me!! Just for the record, I don't live anywhere near Portland, I live in southern Oregon, in the valley between Medford & Grants Pass and I do hope to visit TV in the future; perhaps with short notice.

You seem to be very experienced in cruising..... have you done the Alaska trip and what cruise line would you recommend - for 2/senior ladies in a mid-size or smaller ship? There are so many choices, it's confusing

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 04-05-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

The singles are alive and well in TV. We are just too busy

The Villages Florida The Villages Florida The Villages Florida

to post. Just this week on Monday is Tartan day in both squares and Tuesday is WVLG (the Villages radio station) Rock day with Rocky and the Rollers at Lake Sumter Landing and Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs at Spanish Springs, and that's just the beginning of the week.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

OFF Topic...

ConeyIsBabe

I love your avatar!!!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Veteran member
Talking Donna.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
OFF Topic...

ConeyIsBabe

I love your avatar!!!
Someone sent that pic of the Coney Island Parachute to me (from the internet) it was an old postcard !! It does bring back memories of a couple of 14-year-old girls, skipping school to play at Coney Island in the 50s Does anyone know if the Parachute is still functional in CI ????

Those were the days...... huh
Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Veteran member
Wink DickY........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY View Post
The singles are alive and well in TV. We are just too busy

The Villages Florida The Villages Florida The Villages Florida

to post. Just this week on Monday is Tartan day in both squares and Tuesday is WVLG (the Villages radio station) Rock day with Rocky and the Rollers at Lake Sumter Landing and Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs at Spanish Springs, and that's just the beginning of the week.
THANKS for taking the time out of your busy schedule to update us Wannabees of all the fun you are having I look forward to the day when I'll be a real part of TV - so ENJOY !
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Platinum member

CIB:

This probably ought to be-directed to the Travel thread, but I'll give a thought or two about Alaska cruises/tours.

Yes, there are far too many options. Start with deciding whether you want/can do only a week or whether you're relaxed enough to make it two weeks.

One week pretty well limits you to cruising the Inside Passage, roundtrip from Seattle or Vancouver, usually. Plenty to see and fun ports of call. Probably best done in a small ship - less than 1,000 guests.

Two weeks suggests strongly that you'll do a week on the land, then a week cruising. Did this two years ago. My advice is to ALWAYS do the land portion first, then the cruise. That's because there's so much to do, and some very early hours on land, so you can "sleep in" on the ship.

My preference is Holland America. They've been doing tours/cruises in Alaska for at least 60 years, more I think. They've got it down to a real science.
Princess also offers great stuff, but they're likely to be somewhat pricier.

I went the first week of June. I'd suggest at least the end of June - weather was good, for the most part, but the ship's cruising in Glacier Bay was severly hampered by dense fog, and very chilly. Also, the day-long ride into Denali Park threatened sleet and was miserable. Needless to say, I believe that The Mountain is a myth , for we never saw any of it!

I was in your part of Oregon 3 years ago. Among other things, took an airboat ride on, I think, the Rogue River. Huge fun!

SWR

P.S.: More on Alaska? Just holler.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Veteran member
Default SWR....... thank you !

I appreciate your sharing cruising experience and I've noted the suggestions!

YES, riding the scenic Rogue River on the Jet Boats..... it's one of the most fun things to do if anyone ever visits Grants Pass. The boats carry about 25-30 passengers and travel fast through calm river water, sometimes spinning 360-degrees making everyone wet.

Thanks again, SWR, for sharing your travel expertise!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Someone sent that pic of the Coney Island Parachute to me (from the internet) it was an old postcard !! It does bring back memories of a couple of 14-year-old girls, skipping school to play at Coney Island in the 50s Does anyone know if the Parachute is still functional in CI ????

Those were the days...... huh
Nope , Sorry , but the parachutes are gone , But the tower is still there and being used as a landmark......
I rode it twice in 1955....what a thrill....

checked my pants Fumar ..
Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Smile

Hi Wannabees
Thought I had my home sold today but didn/t go.
Things are finally looking up though at least I am having some showings. I am still hopeful for this summer,I am so ready for the move.
Jmemc
Old 04-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Good Luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemc46 View Post
Hi Wannabees
Thought I had my home sold today but didn/t go.
Things are finally looking up though at least I am having some showings. I am still hopeful for this summer,I am so ready for the move.
Jmemc

Sorry that your home didnt sell today. Hopeful is good!!
Ditto here...showed my house this week, they loved it but nothing .

I wish you the best of luck in selling your home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.