Single roommates

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Hi Bill.

Actually, I ended up taking another place. It's in Hemingway. It happened that a couple, also from New Hampshire were willing to go down on the rent for me and it's a lot nicer. I, of course, haven't a clue were Hemingway is either, but, this whole adventure to a place I've never even seen before is a shot in the dark anyway, and considering what a bad shot I am in the light of day, I'm just crossing my fingers that this isn't going to turn out to be a very expensive disaster.

Katie
Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Dancing Thyme

That's even better, Kate. You're now nearer to me and a whole bunch of our single girlfriends. Can't wait for you to arrive. Think positive.. its going to be great!!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM

Katie
Hemingway will be fine, just not quite as fine as Summerhill! :-)

Bill
Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Platinum member

You'll do fine Katie. I move in next week and by next Saturday I hope to be out and about (at least a little bit). Let me at least go to Panera for a cappuccino on Saturday morning. Then I'll go back to the work of unpacking.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
You'll do fine Katie. I move in next week and by next Saturday I hope to be out and about (at least a little bit). Let me at least go to Panera for a cappuccino on Saturday morning. Then I'll go back to the work of unpacking.
What? Good luck with that! It takes a teenager longer than that to clean a bedroom.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Platinum member

TVMayor - you do have a point. Packing and unpacking is soooooooo boring but it has to be done or you live in box hell forever. Just need to play a little in between marathon unpacking sessions.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Katie, fom one New Englander to another, a shout out and acknowledgement that you live on/near the prettiest lake in the nation: Lake Winnie.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
Katie, fom one New Englander to another, a shout out and acknowledgement that you live on/near the prettiest lake in the nation: Lake Winnie.
You're absolutely right! Lake Winnipesaukee is glorious right now and warm enough to swim in. I love this time of year because I also enjoy kayaking, especially when it's like glass. And even the fall is breathtaking here, but - and it's a big big but, watching it freeze over and having to hibernate for months at a time, under three feet of snow, is for the bears and it's taken it's toll. Unless you're into freezing your butt off, while sitting in a tiny house with a fishing pole in hand, this is not "where it's at" from November thru April. At least not for me. I am looking forward to having the best of both worlds.

Katie
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 AM

Agree about winter in the Granite State. I grew up in northern MA, south of Keene.

Well, perhaps TV will be the ideal wintertime foil for the crusty NH winter...I'm sure it'll be a blast, but never will take the Yankee out of our hearts.

Cheers! Steve.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
Agree about winter in the Granite State. I grew up in northern MA, south of Keene.

Well, perhaps TV will be the ideal wintertime foil for the crusty NH winter...I'm sure it'll be a blast, but never will take the Yankee out of our hearts.

Cheers! Steve.
I'll always be a Yankee too at heart.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:11 AM

Have you found a rental?
I'm looking for a roommate.
I'm renting our half of the lovely. large home where I live in Polo Ridge in The Villages, FL.
Short or Long Term Rental.
Please respond,
Thanks
Joni
Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Default Looking for House Mate

Have you found a rental?
I'm renting our half of the lovely. large home where I live in Polo Ridge in The Villages, FL.
Please respond,
Thanks
Joni
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanheriaud View Post
Have you found a rental?
Please respond,
Thanks
Joni
Hey Joni,

I am Ron in NC...looking to share rental in Nov or Jan. Not sure what my status will be as I am awaiting a buyer for my house here. If I get a contract here all will change for me and I will be looking for something more permanent.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Thanks Ron, but this doesn't fit my needs. Best of luck to you. Joni
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.