SINGLE WANNABE"S

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: SINGLE WANNABE"S

Hi chachacha......... I just love seeing recent photos of TOTVers.... thanks for posting it.

Also, THANKS for the invite. If I do make it to TV this coming winter, it will be with my daughter and we will go for the Lifestyle Preview; but it is very kind of you to make the offer.

I'm already buying a new batch of fleece long-john underwear to wear this coming winter (and that's what I wear indoors). cold_cold

Old 08-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Coney

I remember you mentioning a long time boyfriend but haven't noticed you mentioning him lately. Is he coming with you on your Preview Visit, too? I thought you mentioned that when you moved (hopefully) to The Villages, that he would be coming, too. Have your plans changed? Or, did I not read your previous posts correctly?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Veteran member

hi bright........ YES.... you have a good memory

My gentleman friend and I came out west together in 01 and are still a couple. However, he loves living in Oregon, he loves the cold winters, he hates the thought of returning to Florida so there we are.

If/when I do relocate to Florida it will be alone. My daughter already went back to s/FL where she has a lifetime of friends. Actually, I also have some lifelong friends back in Miami but dread the thought of going back there. TV seems like a likely option for me.

Thanks for asking ;D
Old 08-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Coney

Moving again can be a difficult decision but it would be somewhat like coming back home for you. Having family and friends already here in Florida would make the decision easier I would think.

The Villages is not only a beautiful place but has so much to offer, as you know. Good luck selling your home and moving here.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Veteran member

bright....... THANK YOU for the good luck wishes.

Honestly, it's not looking good for the sale of my property, in fact - I took down my FSBO sign today :'( Now that the weather is fabulous and I'm running all over Medford & Grants Pass I'm not so depressed as in the winter when I'm shut-in because of the frost on my car and black ice on the roads. We'll see how desperate I get to consider reducing my price for next spring.

In the meantime......... a Wannabee I am and I'll keep warm in the winter by reading all y'all's posts about your fun times in TV :dontknow:
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

Are there any single wannabees that want to rent a place for a month or two and try out TV? I am anxious to get down there and see what the TV has to offer. Any singles out there want to give it a try.

I am a fun loving 61 year old widow....just want to have some TV fun.

gg
Old 09-06-2008, 11:13 PM

Hi all you single wannabees,
I am just sitting here up north waiting for the storm Hanna to hit. I already did the tour and fell in love with tv. I am still trying to sell.
patience running thin. I wonder how many of us are out just waitng to sell? have we tried to take a count?
jmemc
Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemc46
Hi all you single wannabees,
I am just sitting here up north waiting for the storm Hanna to hit. I already did the tour and fell in love with tv. I am still trying to sell.
patience running thin. I wonder how many of us are out just waitng to sell? have we tried to take a count?
jmemc
jmemc,

That is a very interesting thought and a great subject to start not just for single wannabees but for everyone who is trying to sell while waiting to relocate to The Villages. Since it was your idea why not post a new topic and let's see how many are in that boat.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Veteran member
Talking Bump !

Hiya single wannabees ... just checkin in to say Hiya

This thread was originally started by benj...... but he hasn't posted for a while. BENJ..... I hope you are OK!

Other single wannabees who haven't posted lately - I hope y'all are OK - any change of plans regarding TV ? Any special plans for the holidays ?

I'm taking a mini-trip to the Napa Valley & SF later this week to do a little wine tasting and visit friends/family - maybe take some pics .
Old 12-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Platinum member

Coney:

I didn't want your post to go completely unnoticed!

I returned a week ago from a 10-day Caribbean cruise, over Thanksgiving. Huge fun, despite rough seas one day [in nautical terms, "rough" seems to translate to 7-1/2 to 12 foot waves, really noticeable even on a 113,000 ton ship holding over 3,000 guests and 1,200 crew].

Travelled with a single female friend from Nashville and a pair of cruising friends from Deland, Florida. The latter two are inveterate cruisers; he has 80 cruises under his belt now!

I still shy away a little from "singles" events. But, really enjoy travelling as one!

SWR
Old 12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Talking swrinfla...........

Thank you swrinfla for the response ! It gets very quiet on the Singles Forum so I just want to maintain some sort of cyber-relationship with y'all, until the day comes when I can make TV a reality.

I enjoyed a 5-day trip to the Napa Valley and San Francisco and was amazed to see so many people spending money at very upscale restaurants - (what resession?)

Tonight we are expecting the first snowstorm of the winter..... perhaps 2 inches in my area and up to 12 inches in Ashland

Again, swinfla..... THANKS for acknowledging my post and .......

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all TOTVers !l
Old 12-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Hi CIB,
I started shivering when you mentioned snow. I have been very busy packing, and getting ready for my big move to TV...I can't wait. I close on my home next Friday, and then after Christmas head SOUTH to find a new home. I am really looking forward to the move, but it will be bitter sweet as I leave my family in MD. I hope you can make a visit in the Spring, I have found it to truly be the friendliest hometown.
Blondie
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Sage
Default whether in snow or sunshine....

i would like to wish all my fellow TOTVers a very Merry Christmas and a new year living in the Villages!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

I've been busy helping a brother of mine. Day after Thanksgiving I brought him to the ER and one day later, he had a "very messy gallbladder" removed the hard way (not laproscopically). I came home with him until he's recovered enough to be independent again. Bad timing for the storm/power outages. But, the outage only lasted ~ 12 hrs at his home. I took some nice photos with my cell phone, but I don't have the cord to hook to his computer.

I also wish everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Just wanted to add my name to the "list" of single wannabee's ..... I'm renting near Spanish Springs from Jan to the end of March this year for the first time. I would love to find out that this is just the place for me - Widowed 5 years and my children all live in different states - I'm ready for the warm weather and some great new friends!! Hope to sell my townhouse soon and really seriously look at houses in TV...the market is not cooperating yet but I have high hopes 2009 will be a magical year for me!
Wishing all of you Happy Holidays and a health New Year!!

Charlene
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.