Single Wannabees Stuck in the Slump

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Cool A quick real estate question

To All in TV -

What is the market there like now? I was through a couple of years ago and it, like most of FL was overheated. Has TV's market died down a bit - are there a lot of houses on the market?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM

Tkret...I left...b/c....IDK...but it was a bad decision. I am freezing, sneezing, and throwing a temper tamtrum. My house will be on the market Thursday, and sold by Friday...I hope...b/c I have to get back to the bubble soon or I don't know what will become of me.
Evidently, the other Blondie left so I was able to slip out of the md and go straight to Blondie.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Whisper1........

Welcome to the forum, Whisper1 Since I'm currently in s/Oregon and not in TV I don't know first-hand about the r/e market there, but if you click on The Villages home page, you can look at all the new homes and resale homes for sale, and their prices. I believe there are many bargains out there at the current time.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the market and don't know when I'll be back in. I'm too stubborn to lose money - I bought my Oregon Dream home 3 years ago at the height of the real estate boom and here I am -- STUCK -- bad timing, didn't see it coming, yadda-yadda-yadda

So, I hang out at TOTV and pretend I'm there
Old 11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Default Thank You

Coney,

Thanks for the info and good luck with the market.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
Tkret...I left...b/c....IDK...but it was a bad decision. I am freezing, sneezing, and throwing a temper tamtrum. My house will be on the market Thursday, and sold by Friday...I hope...b/c I have to get back to the bubble soon or I don't know what will become of me.
Evidently, the other Blondie left so I was able to slip out of the md and go straight to Blondie.
Well, dropping the "md" part is a good sign that you'll be a Villager before too long. Sorry that you left before my arrival but it'll be nice to see you around New Year's.
Do you think Pat is behaving herself on the cruise..... I THINK NOT!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Z06-LITE

Amen Brother: I married 9 months after retiring She is the love of my life .We danceonly tohether and having a partner is the best.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Z06-LITE

My new wife is also concerned about this place trying to be too social and match making So we'll just enjoy each other and mayve be helpful to a neighbor or two.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg
Default single wannabee will be down in January

Hi,

I want to see what TV is all about and I am coming down in January. So I would like to get together with some singles...for fun, company, and some dancing. I am just putting my toes in the water to see if I would like to spend some more time in Florida.

GG:
Old 11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Hi,

I want to see what TV is all about and I am coming down in January. So I would like to get together with some singles...for fun, company, and some dancing. I am just putting my toes in the water to see if I would like to spend some more time in Florida.

GG:
gg
Do what I did and what most of our group has done: give us a heads-up prior to your arrival and we will meet you in Lake Sumter Landing. The first night I arrived, not knowing anyone, 10 great people met me and we spent a fabulous evening and 4 more days/evenings besides. We're waiting for YOU, now.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

Do what I did and what most of our group has done: give us a heads-up prior to your arrival and we will meet you in Lake Sumter Landing. The first night I arrived, not knowing anyone, 10 great people met me and we spent a fabulous evening and 4 more days/evenings besides. We're waiting for YOU, now.

Thanks, I will do that. It will help me. I see you bought a place and like it. I am staying with the person you gave me a lead on through your computer site. I will be down a few days before her and I have never met her...she sounds nice. Can't wait to meet everyone.

gg
Old 11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Thanks, I will do that. It will help me. I see you bought a place and like it. I am staying with the person you gave me a lead on through your computer site. I will be down a few days before her and I have never met her...she sounds nice. Can't wait to meet everyone.

gg
Great news gg. Glad the connection was successful and yes, yes, yes let us know when you are in town.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Default pivovar

Just put my house on the market and when it sells I'm coming
down. located in n.j.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage
Default let us know...

good decision...hope it sells fast! let us know when you plan to be down as we are good at welcoming new singles, and marrieds, too! Easter, spring, new life. The Villages!!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I am a chompng at the bit single wanna be and can't wait till my house sells so I can move to the Villages. My house has been on the market three months which isn't really long in todays market. Have had alot of showings and one offer but the people really couldn't afford the house. I am lowering the price and hoping it will sell soon so I can come down and buy my dream Bonita in the Villages. Can't wait to meet all of you!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Sage
Default ditto welcome

well, same welcome applies to you, caroline...sounds like you are doing all the right things to sell! good luck...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.