Single Wannabees Stuck in the Slump

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Default Wannabee

I'm also a strong, single wannabee. My house in KY is sold, condo in South FL is on sale, and I'm coming up in two weeks to BUY!! I also have been thinking about a CYV (hopefully on a golf course). The Bonita is one of my favorites! Time is getting close now after looking at TV since 2004 and I'm so excited!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Default I'll be down in June !!

My house is on the market and I am coming down to TV on June 1-2.
I don't know anyone there, but looking foreword to joining your group.
Frank
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 AM

My house is on the market and I am coming down to TV on June 1-2.
I don't know anyone there, but looking foreword to joining your group.
Frank
Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage
Default Single Wannabe Stuck In A Slump?

As they say in baseball, I'm 0 for 18 and still counting. Hoping to get a hit as I will lower my price but it is priced correctly according to my agent. Maybe he is wrong.

Condo been on the market since Jan 2009 and hasn't even got a nibble less an offer.

Feedback from open house is one person said they would have like to see the price lower and another person said they wanted to wait to see what the market yields going forward.

A carbon copy of my unit down the street sold in 41 days with a very similar price!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping and praying that it happens before the next winter hits.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM

My house up north has been on the market for two months...some nibbles. Starting to build in TV this week. Will have to make a decision when house is completed. Stay up north (Ohio) until house sells, or put in the hands of a realtor and move to TV during the summer.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Default My Home is Sold

I can retire as soon as August...I may go ASA end of December...at the latest, mid Feb 2012.

I have 165,000 free to put down. I would like a CYV with enough of a lania to install a hot tub. Ideally of concrete construction with little immediate need of updating.

Possible?

Gary
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Good luck to all of you!

I have a dream story - arrived on a Saturday at the end of March - started looking on Sunday and found the perfect house - signed the Agreement of Sale on Monday - my home realtor called that evening to tell me there was an offer on my existing home (after only three weeks on the market). So I went back home - accepted the offer - gave notice at work that I was retiring - closed yesterday on my TV home - my last day at work is tomorrow - I'm packing all my things and will arrive next month.

Some things are meant to be!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM

I am so happy for you and very jealous also!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
Good luck to all of you!

I have a dream story - arrived on a Saturday at the end of March - started looking on Sunday and found the perfect house - signed the Agreement of Sale on Monday - my home realtor called that evening to tell me there was an offer on my existing home (after only three weeks on the market). So I went back home - accepted the offer - gave notice at work that I was retiring - closed yesterday on my TV home - my last day at work is tomorrow - I'm packing all my things and will arrive next month.

How wonderful! I can only hope and dream that things go so smoothly for me this summer/fall.
S.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
On another thread, jmemc46 was wondering how many other single wannabees were also waiting to sell their houses in order to be able to move to The Villages.

So, check-in and give us an update.

As for me, I removed my FSBO signs until next spring, expecting to enjoy my favorite season - the fall - and hope this coming winter will not be as severe as the last.
I am reactivating the orginal post on this thread...posted in 2008 with a plea to it's writer, ConeyIsBabe to please come here and visit. I know you had lived in Florida, but this place is so unlike any place in Florida that I had visited that I fell in love with it. I know it would capture your heart.

We want you here Coney. What is happening up there in the Northwest???

Hugs, moi

NO. I DON'T work for The Villages, am not a realtor, don't want to be a realtor, get no kick backs....just kicks...outa talkin' about my favorite place.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Sage
Default coney island

yes, seems a long time since we have heard from coney island babe...have you given up on getting here, even for a visit? it just gets better and better. maybe you have fallen in love and been swept off to the coast of ireland or something? let's hear from you...
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Default wannabee

Yes I still am a wannabee. Trying so hard to sell my home up here Ma.
I was down in the villages last June had a great time.
I will try walking around my house 9 times to see if it works for me.
Had an offer but way to low, people think because of the why the market is that we will give away our homes.
I hope things get better this spring. Good luck to you all.
jmemc
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
Good luck to all of you!

WOW!!!!!!! This gives wannabees hope.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Default Soon

I'll retire at the end of the year -- February at the latest....My ex-spouse bought me out so I have enough equity to purchase a Courtyard Villa. I can't wait to join you. Golf carts. Time for making art and music. Time to sleep in and then play with Rada, the wonder cat.

Then, hang out with the others and just connect.

Harbor
Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Sage

Coney babe, where are you? We want to hear from you and know you are ok, ok?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.