Single Wannabees Stuck in the Slump

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to misstozak

My house in Englewood, FL has been up for sale since JULY 2010. Finally left my ex there to get it sold and was able to get myself a little patio villa in TV for a steal and with a little help from my big bro. You betcha, we're all taking a beating in this market but you can get yourself a good deal here and it all evens out in the end. Good luck to you!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to misstozak

Hey 2BNTV! Congratulations! Have you been able to find work in The Villages or are you happily retiring? I've been looking for a job here since April and so far no luck. I am SO SKILLED it's frightening! Where are the jobs???? Good luck in your new home.
Janet
Old 05-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
I am one of those TV wannabees. I am here 'til the end of October, and then will head home to put my house on the market..with a little bit of luck (and help from St. Joseph), I will be here by the Spring.

md blondie
I "planted" St. Joseph and my house sold in two months and I now live in TV in Buttonwood.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstozak View Post
Hey 2BNTV! Congratulations! Have you been able to find work in The Villages or are you happily retiring? I've been looking for a job here since April and so far no luck. I am SO SKILLED it's frightening! Where are the jobs???? Good luck in your new home.
Janet
Still a working wannabee in CT that is waiting for my condo to sell. If I had moved four years ago when the market was still good, I would have needed a job with medical benefits.

IMHO - Unfortunately, there are not many jobs available to skilled people unless you are in the health industry. You may have to consider using transferrable skills to find something. Of course, the pay scale will be reduced.

I'm not good at posting links but I believe there is a "Careers in The Villages" icon on www.thevillages.com web site. There is a Human Resources Department on Main St. by Spanish Springs that is an option.

Good Luck with your job search.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 05-31-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Default wannabe

I took cha cha advice and walked around the house a number of times thinking about all the good things but my ex came into the picture and ruined it , My house is going on te market next week and can't wait to come down
Old 05-31-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
I took cha cha advice and walked around the house a number of times thinking about all the good things but my ex came into the picture and ruined it , My house is going on te market next week and can't wait to come down
Ex's can seem to have lousy timing and mess with all our good feelings. Good luck with the sale of your house. I'm still in the sorting through 38 years of marriage and 28 of it in this house stuff. Working to get 2500 sq foot of stuff down to fit into a 1500 sq ft house! Not easy emotionally or physically, but I am getting there. I have made a vow to myself....if I ever make it to TV...I WILL NOT save things I am not actively using! I also WILL NOT purchase anything becasue it is on sale and I might need it. Better to pay full price when I need it then pay sale price only to never need it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.