To the SINGLES out there in TOTV land...May I have your attention?

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Default To the SINGLES out there in TOTV land...May I have your attention?

It may be my imagination, but, it seems that our Meet and Greet Singles movement on TOTV, as well as our usual entertaining Singles threads, have slowed to a snails pace. Where once we enjoyed daily posts about our special issues, and any given day one of us had something planned for the week to get our singles community together - especially, encouraging the new singles to join in - there are now days that go by without a single new post.

Of course, I am just as guilty of not participating the way I used to - getting too wrapped up in the horror, that is my home renovations, but, I realize that where once the singles community was there for me, when I first arrived, I haven't been very good at reciprocating, lately.

So, I'm hoping with this little kick in the pants, for all of us, we can once again be the voice of singles in the Villages and maybe all of those who have lost interest may, once again, add their collective opinions to this site.

It would be great if we got our Meet and Greet group animated again by pushing away from our televisions and internet dating sites - or what ever you are doing on the internet that you won't admit to and, yes, even a golf game or two - to attend Karen's St Patricks Day party on March 15th. We always have a lot of fun playing games (even those who say they're bad at it). So those of you who came to our parties in the past, but, have lately been a no-show...show

And for you NEW SINGLES to the Villages, we know how hard it is to take that first step to making friends, but, take it from someone who went through it. You may walk into our group as a stranger, but, you'll walk out with a bunch of great friends. It's a phenomenon that I wouldn't have believed possible, if it weren't for the fact that it happened to me.

So what do you say PARTY POOPERS? Let's make this next Meet and Greet party the best yet! Oh, and let's get some titillating and thought provoking threads going on TOTV, it's better than Luminosity to get those gears going.

Katie
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Sage

would like to mention a fun activity that we are enjoying because of our katie...with years of teaching acting and improv under her belt, katie has started an improv class on the 2nd and 4th sunday evening of the month at Lake Miona Rec center, 6pm. the next class is set for march 23. i plan to post about this in the Clubs forum, too. come out and have fun learning to improvise responses in funny situations. maybe we can do a practice run at karen's sat night
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Platinum member

I can't make Karen's party, but the improve sounds like fun. I put it on my calendar for the 23rd.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know this will probably sound mean and petty, but why have a party on the same night as another TOTV get together (the dance club started by Doug and Pammy)? This just seems to make no sense to me.

Personally, I don't really feel comfortable at the idea of just singles. I'd prefer to see any and all events open to whoever wants to come. Whether the intent is there or not, it sounds like folks are there to hook up more than to get together. (It didn't at first, but lately that has been my feeling.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I know this will probably sound mean and petty, but why have a party on the same night as another TOTV get together (the dance club started by Doug and Pammy)? This just seems to make no sense to me.

Personally, I don't really feel comfortable at the idea of just singles. I'd prefer to see any and all events open to whoever wants to come. Whether the intent is there or not, it sounds like folks are there to hook up more than to get together. (It didn't at first, but lately that has been my feeling.)
And I think the women’s club should invite men and the Republicans should invite Democrats and the Michigan Yoopers should invite Detroiters and the gay club should invite straights. Not really.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Platinum member

And the dog lovers invite the non dog lovers.......YIKES
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
(edited...)

I agree. To me it would be more fun to open up the invites to fun people, whether married or single.. I like to be around everyone, not just single people. JMHO.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Then we have the singles group called “The Single Baby Boomers Group” they say you must be born between 1946-1964. HELLO!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Then we have the singles group called “The Single Baby Boomers Group” they say you must be born between 1946-1964. HELLO!
Some people don't qualify as I was born in 1944.

Maybe Groucho was right, in that he said, "he didn't want to belong to a club, that would have him, as a member".

Seriously, it would have been nice if these two events didn't conflict.

I'll see you Karen, after "The Happy Hour" event.

Maybe more people need to volunteer their houses, and there will be, more frequent gathering times. HINT! HINT!!!!

BTW - It is a nice way to meet people and maybe should be open to all, but nobody is looking to jump, on someone's bones. IMHO

I will have my next party in April, as I hope my last project, is finished.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

Quote:

I agree with you Dee, the last time Doug and Pam organized a TOTV Happy Hour there was a singles event on the same night as well. It was great that many of the singles came out to Hacienda then attended the singles gathering in Brownwood. All are welcome to Captiva Rec center this Saturday to see and hear Vinyl Recall perform. I can't wait to here Pam sing more than one song like she is confined to with the Beatlemanics. Hope to see many of you there. Have fun whatever you choose to do.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Sage

Oh Joe, I'll be so happy for another party at your place and have enjoyed it as your place comes together....I'll keep your secrets about what you've done till you host another party.

I echo and magnify what Kate said about finding genuine friends so easily. It is amazing to get so close so quickly.
The friends I've met through the parties and gatherings we have had as singles has met my needs as a newcomer beyond anything I could have imagined.

Many of you still want to host a party and will do that in good time. It's wonderful when your friends come--and we will-- and are eager to see where you live and enjoy your space with you. That spontaneous energy of sharing home is what drives the Meet and Greet Unclub, and we have some people waiting for a right time to host their party. So don't wait to post your party. First dibs and nobody's in charge.

From the start this group has been a collection of anyone single who wanted to come to an event. There have been hits on TOTV from married people who want to be single, and that has not been welcomed for obvious reasons.

though Cha and Katie and I did bump it to life, none of us want to make it a top down structure, but to leave everything arranged open to all the people enjoying it. We just bump it now and then to keep ya'll bringing on the energy.
Kitty
ps
Ron was the latest to have a party. His place is sooo peaceful. I loved it.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Sage
Default Singles should limit their parties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysmom;84***6
I agree with you Dee, the last time Doug and Pam organized a TOTV Happy Hour there was a singles event on the same night as well. It was great that many of the singles came out to Hacienda then attended the singles gathering in Brownwood. All are welcome to Captiva Rec center this Saturday to see and hear Vinyl Recall perform. I can't wait to here Pam sing more than one song like she is confined to with the Beatlemanics. Hope to see many of you there. Have fun whatever you choose to do.
I truly do not see any reason the singles needed to clear any parties with other parties, single or not. If you can make a logical case to me, please do, however, for myself, I'm a fan of Pammy and Doug, so will go have fun with them before the Karen party March 15.

Maybe you should pm if you have issues with two parties the same night. It just seems like too many people at 100k plus for one party.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Platinum member

I'm with the "can't we be friends with married and single people " I feel as if I'm supposed to wear a scarlet S on my chest. I have single and married friends and hang with both.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

I'm wondering why all you singles don't join the Single Baby Boomers? There are over 600 in the club. They have activities everyday. Why swim against the stream or try to reinvent the WHEEL?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Some people don't qualify as I was born in 1944.
As Joe said, some of us don't qualify for Single Baby Boomers.. I know I don't!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.