Survey Alert!

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage
Default bump

sorry i don't know the answer to nitehawk's question but want to bump this topic back onto the forum so more will see it before survey....
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Find a fake address in Tampa and get a guest pass for a week at a time on line. When they question the drivers license just say he just moved there and hasn't had the time to change his address. It'll probably work just saying. On another subject, I have to pay a trail fee for two and my wife doesn't golf. When my son came to play golf with me he had to,pay a trail fee. Sounds like double dipping to me.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post
Find a fake address in Tampa and get a guest pass for a week at a time on line. When they question the drivers license just say he just moved there and hasn't had the time to change his address. It'll probably work just saying. On another subject, I have to pay a trail fee for two and my wife doesn't golf. When my son came to play golf with me he had to,pay a trail fee. Sounds like double dipping to me.
Chachacha...wouldn't fake anything, ever.

And most of the rest of us wouldn't either.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Find a fake address in Tampa and get a guest pass for a week at a time on line. When they question the drivers license just say he just moved there and hasn't had the time to change his address. It'll probably work just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Chachacha...wouldn't fake anything, ever.
And most of the rest of us wouldn't either.
I agree. Cheating the system isn’t the answer and residents who falsify guest ID applications are participating in fraud against our whole community. Plus, it wouldn’t work! From what I’ve seen, the ID checker’s follow the rules and don’t make exceptions. And rightfully so.

No one should be trying to lie or circumvent the system. The answer is in doing it properly. There needs to be an established procedure for TV singles to bring their (local) non-resident significant others into certain functions. However, if you hope to make it happen, you all need to come up with realistic suggestions on how to implement it.

I don’t think that a carte blanche “partner pass” that allows a resident to bring someone into locations/classes/functions without some kind of application/documentation/identification will ever happen. And I don’t think it should. Every temporary resident or guest ID card, including in-area guest IDs requires an application and documentation, even if those people are visiting for one day.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage

that's right, gracie, i would not risk losing my own amenities by committing fraud! and skybo has a good point about documentation although i don't really see a great danger if a resident invites someone of their own choosing....perhaps the partner pass could speed up the application process in that the resident information would already be in the computer and not have to be constantly re-written on forms. i am positive a good solution can be found IF enough residents mention it on the survey!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

My parents, 80 years old, are buying in TV in a month. I will be with them 4-5 months per year. Should I put my name on their deed? I will be using everything much more than they will.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage

Be careful about adding your name to the deed. You may run afoul the IRS.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I pay the same price for the trail fee that you pay and i am not married --- what does that sound like Rip Off
HOUSEHOLD
ANNUAL
(Includes $9.24 tax)
(1) to (4) Residents
in the same household
playing Executive Go
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

I agreed to pay the fees when I purchased my home and I knew at the time I was not going to cruse for chicks in Wildwood.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Be careful about adding your name to the deed. You may run afoul the IRS.
To clarify Mulligan's point, if your name were added to the deed, the cost basis for your determining capital gains would be the original purchase price vs. the market value at the time you might inherit the property. The second consideration is if your name were on the deed, any future personal judgments against you may also be applied to the home that your parents own. This might stem from an auto accident or other liability situation. Renewing your guest pass every 30 days seems like it might be easier.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage

surveys must be completed by april 8 so please don't forget to mention this important issue for singles. remember, if you are part of a happy couple, this issue may still haunt you someday if you lose your spouse and try to start a new life. the single life is not as carefree and glamorous as some would think!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
surveys must be completed by april 8 so please don't forget to mention this important issue for singles. remember, if you are part of a happy couple, this issue may still haunt you someday if you lose your spouse and try to start a new life. the single life is not as carefree and glamorous as some would think!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.