Survey Alert!

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Sage
Default Survey Alert!

i received my survey letter from the Villages yesterday and i would like to remind all singles that if we want any action of getting a "partner pass" when we buy a home here (couples get two passes) we should definitely mention this issue on our survey. our enjoyment of our amenities is curtailed by not being able to invite a friend or a date from anywhere in the tri-county area to activities at the rec centers or pools...i am not a golfer but i think golf is one of the big issues that prevents our getting a partner pass...perhaps someone more knowledgeable about that could advise us here...i don't give a fig about golf but i certainly would like to have a partner for dance lessons, club meetings, playing cards, etc....i think as long as the resident is present with the date, it should not bother anyone! please take this important opportunity to make your feelings known.....
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Sage

This is an important issue for singles to speak up about. I don't think it's fair that a single should only have one pass as opposed to two as many couples do. You pay the same amenity fee.

I strongly urge singles to have their voices heard.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Gold member

Guests are also not permitted in any of the Sports Pools. There are many Singles in The Villages, either by choice or circumstance, that are deprived a benefit extended to couples.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
This is an important issue for singles to speak up about. I don't think it's fair that a single should only have one pass as opposed to two as many couples do. You pay the same amenity fee.

I strongly urge singles to have their voices heard.
I agree 110% also if i'm not mistaken a homeowner gets up to 4 passes per address, and we lowly singles only get the one, not fair.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i received my survey letter from the Villages yesterday and i would like to remind all singles that if we want any action of getting a "partner pass" when we buy a home here (couples get two passes) we should definitely mention this issue on our survey. our enjoyment of our amenities is curtailed by not being able to invite a friend or a date from anywhere in the tri-county area to activities at the rec centers or pools...i am not a golfer but i think golf is one of the big issues that prevents our getting a partner pass...perhaps someone more knowledgeable about that could advise us here...i don't give a fig about golf but i certainly would like to have a partner for dance lessons, club meetings, playing cards, etc....i think as long as the resident is present with the date, it should not bother anyone! please take this important opportunity to make your feelings known.....
thanks for the news, Diane!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Sage

I am a wannabee who when I get to TV will vote for an additional I.D. as it is not fair if one pays the amentity fee the same as couples. Singles should be allowed two also.

I distinctly remember a thread wayyyyyyyyyyy back that a single was complaining that he met someone from outside TV and yet he could not bring her certain places as he had only one I.D. That means all singles are resticted to finding someone in TV or get married to get another I.D?

"UNFAIR".

This is a rediculous rule that should be abolished. Whew!!!!! I feel better now.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

One house two passes. Seems fair as you are paying the monthly fees.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
One house two passes. Seems fair as you are paying the monthly fees.
Bingo. Short and sweet.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Gold member

How about the difference in price of a married couple for priority golf membership and a single who pays almost 2/3 the couple price --- and you are not allowed to hook-up with someone (even if they live in TV) to make it a couple to pay the couple rate = if this is not discrimination then what is
Old 03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

It seems to me that two passes should be provided with each house. That is only fair. During my last visit to The Villages I found this to be problematic. I am a single man and would hope to be able to take a date with me to various activities such as dance and bridge classes open only to card carrying villagers.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Dancing Thyme

I agree and will be sure to put this on the survey.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Dont get me wrong...I completely understand where the single guys and ladies are coming from. But many of the previous posts referred to couples living here as getting two passes. As most of you know, none of us have passes ... we have Resident ID cards. They identify us as either permanent residents or temporary residents, and they dont necessarily only apply to couples. But they do come with certain residency requirements. Just wanted to clear that up.

I would support a partner pass initiative for permanent residents, but I wonder how that would be handled. Would it be a card, issued in the residents name, that allowed you to bring any guest to any resident-only location/class/function? Or would you have to fill out documentation and get a card printed up for a specific individual each and every time you wanted your guest to accompany you to a resident-only location/function?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Sage

i think it would save a lot of headaches and paperwork if one simply had a Partner Pass to be used only in the presence of the actual resident, notwithstanding where the guest lives. that way no one could misuse the pass by giving it to anyone to go do something alone as a regular guest pass would. many couples will sadly someday be singles and will face this same predicament so it affects all of us.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default This is how our country club handled it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
... we have Resident ID cards. They identify us as either permanent residents or temporary residents, and they dont necessarily only apply to couples. But they do come with certain residency requirements. Just wanted to clear that up.

I would support a partner pass initiative for permanent residents, but I wonder how that would be handled. Would it be a card, issued in the residents name, that allowed you to bring any guest to any resident-only location/class/function? Or would you have to fill out documentation and get a card printed up for a specific individual each and every time you wanted your guest to accompany you to a resident-only location/function?
The country club/golf course that we lived on in Atlanta got sick of issuing guest passes all the time. They made a different color id (It was yellow) with a picture of the person(or persons) who was the member on it. It read as follows if I remember correctly. "This pass allows the guest of the person pictured to limited access to the facilities and must be accompanied by the member. The member assumes all responsibility and liability for the actions of this guest." It did not give them access to golf as each member had a limited number of guest T-times for every three month period. Just replace the word member with resident and you could use the same system. We had two that had a picture of my husband and myself on them. When family came to visit we were good to go. If they did a three color system then one color for the resident - one for the partner pass, and a third for visitor/guest. Total per house = 4

Limits to access could be decided and printed on the passes.
IE: The companion pass could allow full access to all but golf regardless of where they live or just to social functions at least.
The guest pass one could have the exclusion of people living in Sumter,Lake and Marion counties. That would address the issue of people making friends with residents just to use the facilities.

Just a thought

If you purposed it as a cost saving measure for the administration you might have better luck getting it thru.

And yes I know I can't spell Sorry

Last edited by TrudyM; 03-05-2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: left out a word
Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i think it would save a lot of headaches and paperwork if one simply had a Partner Pass to be used only in the presence of the actual resident, notwithstanding where the guest lives. that way no one could misuse the pass by giving it to anyone to go do something alone as a regular guest pass would. many couples will sadly someday be singles and will face this same predicament so it affects all of us.
For anyone unfamiliar with the guest ID policy, the Villages will not issue a guest ID to anyone living within Marion, Lake, or Sumter Counties unless they're a qualified family member: son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild, and their spouses. Qualified family members are issued an in-area guest ID card valid for one year. I'm sure this in area guest policy has been debated hundreds of times and has evolved over the last twenty-five years. It would be difficult, not impossible to alter so that the in-area guest policy was enforceable and fair. Residents must be present at all times with their in-area guests using TV's amenities. Tee times are already limited and adding additional guests into the mix would further stress the situation. The Recreation Dept recently issued guidance that residents will be given preference over guests for events where seating is limited.

As you know all owners named on the deed are entitled to a resident ID. Four owners of a property would each be entitled to a resident ID. So it's not really fair to say that couples receive special consideration for resident ID's, and that singles are somehow disadvantaged by this policy. Good luck with this suggestion.

George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.