Survey Alert!

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

That's it let's march on the town center.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Sage
Default thanks

thanks rubicon for the humor and thank you trudym for the great suggestion.
golf is always a sore point but i am sure most singles would not care that much about playing golf with their dates as they have other friends to play with...but i cannot chachacha with my best girlfriend (well, i can and i do but it certainly is not as much fun as with a date!) i think a lot of the bother and paperwork of guest passes could be avoided with trudy's system!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default My suggestion did not include golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
For anyone unfamiliar with the guest ID policy, the Villages will not issue a guest ID to anyone living within Marion, Lake, or Sumter Counties unless they're a qualified family member: son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild, and their spouses. Qualified family members are issued an in-area guest ID card valid for one year. I'm sure this in area guest policy has been debated hundreds of times and has evolved over the last twenty-five years. It would be difficult, not impossible to alter so that the in-area guest policy was enforceable and fair. Residents must be present at all times with their in-area guests using TV's amenities. Tee times are already limited and adding additional guests into the mix would further stress the situation. The Recreation Dept recently issued guidance that residents will be given preference over guests for events where seating is limited.

As you know all owners named on the deed are entitled to a resident ID. Four owners of a property would each be entitled to a resident ID. So it's not really fair to say that couples receive special consideration for resident ID's, and that singles are somehow disadvantaged by this policy. Good luck with this suggestion.

George
My suggestion did not include golf and could even be more limited to just social functions (ie not pool or gym)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
For anyone unfamiliar with the guest ID policy, the Villages will not issue a guest ID to anyone living within Marion, Lake, or Sumter Counties unless they're a qualified family member: son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild, and their spouses. Qualified family members are issued an in-area guest ID card valid for one year. I'm sure this in area guest policy has been debated hundreds of times and has evolved over the last twenty-five years. It would be difficult, not impossible to alter so that the in-area guest policy was enforceable and fair.

As you know all owners named on the deed are entitled to a resident ID. Four owners of a property would each be entitled to a resident ID. So it's not really fair to say that couples receive special consideration for resident ID's, and that singles are somehow disadvantaged by this policy. Good luck with this suggestion.

George
So if two or three couples join in to buy a house together, with say four or six names on the deed, they receive four or six resident cards yet they still pay the same amenities fee as a single person. Wow, what a deal for them!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
So if two or three couples join in to buy a house together, with say four or six names on the deed, they receive four or six resident cards yet they still pay the same amenities fee as a single person. Wow, what a deal for them!
Briulliant idea. I have to put my son, grandaughter and close friends on the deed and then I am all set.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
The point I attempted to make here was this is not a couples vs. singles argument and that singles should somehow be compensated for receiving only one resident pass. Think about the logistics of issuing blank guest passes just for the asking, and where would it end. It's a can of worms and yet I understand the original need that started this thread.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage
Default Imho

Quote:
The point I attempted to make here was this is not a couples vs. singles argument and that singles should somehow be compensated for receiving only one resident pass. Think about the logistics of issuing blank guest passes just for the asking, and where would it end. It's a can of worms and yet I understand the original need that started this thread.
You make a valid point point although, is a single is going with someone on a continuing basis, they should be denied access for their significant other and receive one pass as opposed to two? They should have to restrict their search for companionship to only people who live in TV?

As usual, it has to be a situation where one, is not allowed to abuse the system. Maybe I am ignorant of how this sytem works, but it seems they have records of every household and it's number of occupants.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
I thought I read somewhere that there was a limit of 4 Resident IDs for a household, regardless of how many names on the deed. Just checked the CDD.gov site and could not find a reference to that. A simple call to customer service/CDD offices would clear it up for those curious to know the facts.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Eternal Member

There are 2 issues here: 1. passes for guests where the single deed holder is dating someone and 2. a resident pass for a cohabiting non-deed holder (a long term relationship).

In situation 1: so long as the dating partner is with the deed holder he/she should have access to a guest pass no more or less restrictive than passes for people renting in TV. Look at my resident pass and her temporary/guest pass then let us go on our way.

For situation 2: nearly 10 percent of all couples living together, do so without being married. This is becoming more common as time goes by. Moreover, the rights of couples living together without marriage becomes intertwined with the whole debate on marriage for same-sex couples.

I was married for 30 years and I have a 22 year old son. I want to ensure that my assets go to my son - and I have little patience for rules that stand in the way of my decision on what happens to my assets after my death. The choice of whether I give deed rights to someone I am living with is a personal decision and is no concern to the powers that be in TV.

Still, I want to fall in love and I object to rules that makes my lover a second-class resident of TV. If she provides proof that she is a resident in my home for State/Federal purposes that should suffice for a TV resident ID. Proofs can be a drivers license, a Federal or State tax return, or even bills sent here in her name.

Before I get flamed - if we are restricting amenity rights to just deed holders then renters should get el-squato..nada...nothing. To provide them with access to pools, clubs, and golf but not my live-in lover is just the morality police sniffing in my sheets. I am too old to care about their issues.

Sorry for the rant.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Sage

geewhiz....situation #2 is covered. Non-owner residents are issued resident ID cards (with proper proof of residency) with all the same privileges of the property owner.

Recent change is that these cards are a different color and have to be renewed every 3 years. Which makes sense.

Non-owner resident could be sig other, renter, etc. Just someone who is a permanent resident at that address.

The cddgov website has info on the policy.

Village Community Development Districts
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
geewhiz....situation #2 is covered. Non-owner residents are issued resident ID cards (with proper proof of residency) with all the same privileges of the property owner.

Recent change is that these cards are a different color and have to be renewed every 3 years. Which makes sense.

Non-owner resident could be sig other, renter, etc. Just someone who is a permanent resident at that address.

The cddgov website has info on the policy.

Village Community Development Districts
Thanks for the info! Now, I just need to fall in love! I am doing a snorkeling with manatees adventure as a part of the Single Baby Boomers...maybe, I'll hook up with a frisky single manatee! I hope she gets to use the pools!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

There is still the problem with a resident Villager dating a resident of the three counties, Marion, Sumter and Lake. I am a widow and although I date a man who also owns a home in TV there is not problem for me, but I have friends who cannot bring their significant other into a club dance or meeting of a club because they cannot get a guess pass. We singles pay the same amenity fee, same golf trail fee, etc. as a couple, or even four persons per household. This is not fair. I am only looking for a second pass for a local friend and do not necessarily want them living with me for residency purposes.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Sage

gee whiz, the manatee probably comes from homosassa or crystal river so is eligible for a guest pass to use the pool! but long distance romances are difficult!

simpkinp, you hit the nail on the head, thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

The singles discrimination goes farther. A family of four pays the same annual trail fees as a single. I put this in the survey every year to no avail, but I will keep trying. Nice to have you guys put it in as well. It has been discussed in the past, but the district does not want to lose the revenue.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Gold member

If you are dating someone in the villages on a steady basis and want to get a couple golf priority membership rather then two singles ---- is this possible ??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.