survey time again

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Survey

pturner no one answered your question. yes you are exactly correct on the manner in which resident passes are determined (name(s) on the deed). You will also recall that the reason we had to go through being issued new identification card is because some people found ways to abuse the ID system. People who abuse any of our rules, believe they are entitled to more or otherwise generate loopholes make it difficult for the rest of us. My wife does not play golf. I never thought once of using her ID to gain more tee times but a number of people did and that created a capacity problem when TV had sustantially less of a population.

Lifestyle visiters and renters have been getting priority on a number of executive courses. There must be a great number of people visiting here right now judging by the meager pickings for tee times and TV isn't even fully built out. It is my understanding that none of the lifestyle people are booked on courses north of 466. I could be wrong but I believe that the POA as a condition of settling the 2008 lawsuit asked that this be done. Again I could be wrong???? Renters double and in some instances triple up in one residence placing a greater burden on our amenities which means the amenities paid by one owner may be accomodating 4-6 people or more. I do not know and I rather doubt the Developer rentals pays into our amenities?

I explain all of this because obviously there must be an ever increasing demand on TV amenities and I suspect the Admin people are hard pressed for solutions that will please most of the residents.

Please keep this all in mind as you complete the survey because there certainly appears to be a number of people who are bent on ruining a good thing.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Just how big is this "problem" being discussed??
Old 03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Gold member
Default some clarification

Renters double and in some instances triple up in one residence placing a greater burden on our amenities which means the amenities paid by one owner may be accomodating 4-6 people or more. I do not know and I rather doubt the Developer rentals pays into our amenities?

I explain all of this because obviously there must be an ever increasing demand on TV amenities and I suspect the Admin people are hard pressed for solutions that will please most of the residents.

Please keep this all in mind as you complete the survey because there certainly appears to be a number of people who are bent on ruining a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Renters can only get a maximum of 2 (repeat - TWO) resident guest passes per unit. Yes, 4 or 6 people can rent a house, but only 2 can get the free executive golf passes - the others would have to get regular guest passes (and pay $10.00 plus $3.50 for a trail fee).

And PT, I was thinking the special guest passes would be like regular guest passes - the "date" would have to pay $10.00 plus the $3.50 as above, and would have the same priority as a regular guest. So - I don't think overuse of facilities would be an issue. Nor do I think that would be an incentive for singles to buy outside of The Villages.

They would not be allowed to use the sport pools (in my scenario) and during the season, just like regular guests now, might not get in to some of the popular activities, which I think are mostly fitness related, in the rec centers.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
The Law of Unintended Consequences

The ultimate irony would be if such a special pass discouraged singles from moving to TV.

Say I'm a man-about-town. I could get a bigger house and have more money for dating by moving near but not in TV. If I wanted to use TV amenities, I could ask out one of my TV lady friends or call one of my single male buddies in TV.

Or I'm a single girl. I have single friends in TV. I could cut my monthly expenses considerably and get a bigger house by moving outside of TV. When I longed to enjoy all that TV has to offer, I could call one of my single TV friends.

I am empathetic with my single friends on this issue. I well recognize that I could one day find myself in the same boat. But I do wonder about Unintended Consequences. Simple solutions sometimes come in convenient flip-top cans. They seem so easy and attractive. Then, pop open the can and out come the worms.
Unfortunately, there are always people who will try to abuse or beat "the system". Two of the reasons that I find myself attracted to TV so much are that (1) the developer has done a terrific job of comprehensively designing, planning and building a community having "all the bells and whistles" for the active over 55 set and (2) he runs a very tight ship. TV is beautifully designed and immaculately maintained. Even though I play little golf I visually enjoy the golf courses, so I really do not mind helping support the golf courses with part of an amenities fee. I simply feel that as a single I would want to be able to take a non-TV-resident woman I was dating to various social events (dances, dinners and the like) and experience with her the various other amenities (not golf) available only to TV residents. There must be some relatively abuse resistant way to do this if the developer and community support this concept.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How does that work? Would the script run on the screen? That would be distracting for people with ADD.
An estimated 24 million Americans have enough of a hearing loss that they cannot fully understand the meaning of a television program. This is especially true of the elderly, the fastest growing category of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing or ability of hearing decreasing with age. Captions enable viewers who are deaf and hard of hearing to participate with family and friends in America's favorite pastime: watching TV. Captions can also benefit adults and children learning to read, as well as people learning English as a second language. Like subtitles, captions display spoken dialogue as printed words on the television screen. Unlike subtitles, captions are specifically designed for viewers who are deaf and hard of hearing. Captions are carefully placed to identify speakers, on- and offscreen sound effects, music, and laughter. People with ADD will benefit more by reading captions!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Indoor pool

When I visited TV in January (and bought property in St. James with plans to build), I thought TV was absolutely PERFECT with one exception: TV needs an indoor pool for those not-so-perfect days. Some of us like to start the day in the pool.....and it really would not be so nice swimming at 7 AM in cool temps or not-so-nice days. Although, it would wake me the swimmer up!
So......how about it, you Survey Takers..........please mention that you'd like an INDOOR POOL. You'd love it!
It's 31 degrees in Western New York this morn. Bring on TV!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
When I visited TV in January (and bought property in St. James with plans to build), I thought TV was absolutely PERFECT with one exception: TV needs an indoor pool for those not-so-perfect days. Some of us like to start the day in the pool.....and it really would not be so nice swimming at 7 AM in cool temps or not-so-nice days. Although, it would wake me the swimmer up!
So......how about it, you Survey Takers..........please mention that you'd like an INDOOR POOL. You'd love it!
It's 31 degrees in Western New York this morn. Bring on TV!
Its 75 degrees in TV.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its 75 degrees in TV.
I'm sooooo jealous.....but happy for you. I'll be there....sooner or later.
Brrrrrrrr!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Hello Everyone,
I hope to be a tv owner soon.
I hope you can find a solution to make everyone happy about the pass for a friend of a single resident.It seems to me there must be a way to regulate it.If singles pay the same fees as couples I feel they have a right to bring a date to the dances etc.
Have a nice day
JMEMC
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage
Default thanks

thanks for your comment...you will love living here! i am sure this issue will be addressed sooner or later...
Old 04-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Thanks Brillo

Will call Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
If you haven't received a letter yet, they must've missed you in the mailing process somehow. Maybe you're having your mail forwarded to a different address which could cause a delay.

At the bottom of our letter, it says to call Eva Rey if you have any questions or need help - 751-6700. That would be the place to start to find out your access code.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.