survey time again

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage
Default survey time again

it is coming upon time to fill out our surveys for the Villages and i hope all of us singles will mention our displeasure that we receive only one activity pass when we purchase our home and are denied the pleasure of a companion to attend club meetings, dances, etc if they happen to live in the tri county area...there is no reason that some sort of companion pass for use while in the company of a single resident could not be issued, as we pay the same amenity fees as a married couple. and our married friends must realize that when they unhappily lose their partner, they will face the same problems....it is time the Villages addressed this issue.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM

Also, in this same survey, please do note in comments that you want both theatres have the captions capability for the sake of people with hearing loss. The more we speak out, they will listen to us!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
Also, in this same survey, please do note in comments that you want both theatres have the captions capability for the sake of people with hearing loss. The more we speak out, they will listen to us!
How does that work? Would the script run on the screen? That would be distracting for people with ADD.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How does that work? Would the script run on the screen? That would be distracting for people with ADD.
I have no idea how they would enact such a thing, but I do know that at Disney World, some of the attractions where prople need to have captions, the person uses special glasses. The glasses have a mirror like finish on the inside and it picks up the captions being broadcast from the back of the theater. Really, a pretty ingenious idea.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage
Default great idea

that sounds like a great idea as many of us have poor hearing, if not totally deaf, as we age...the problem would probably be the cost, as usual...any idea how much this technology costs to install? then those of us with normal hearing will not have to be blasted out of our seats thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Thank you for bringing this topic up,Chachacha. As a single person considering relocating to TV I am certainly concerned what rights and privileges I would have. It seems only reasonable for a single homeowner to have not only his or her own pass, but a guest pass so the single homeowner could take a companion to venues only open to residents of TV. It would be very, very difficult to be dating a person residing outside TV and not be able to take him or her to TV facilities and events.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Default I agree

I am a single man,moving to TV in June. If marrieds get two passes and singles pay the same amenities fee as marrieds,how can they justify only ONE PASS for singles ?? That stinks..All TV singles should do whatever it take to get that clearly unfair practice changed. Amazes me it's still in effect !!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage
Default tell your sales people

for those considering moving here, it would be helpful to mention this issue to your sales people as surely the message will get back to the powers that be that this is a concern to singles. i must say it is not a deal breaker for me as i still love living here, but it does sometimes interfere with things i would like to do with a date. i lost my significant other in the midst of rallying support for this issue two years ago and then i lost heart to continue...but the survey is a good venue to bring it up again....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Yeah this rule sucks. I had to get married to get free golf.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Maybe I reconsider getting a divorce....j/k. I agree! Maybe we need to get a petition together and try to get this resolved!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Has anyone ever brought this 'single resident' issue before the amenity authority committee? or a VHA meeting?
If so what was said.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage
Default brought up before

yes, bob martino gathered hundreds of signatures two years ago and presented the issue to the board but they had already closed discussion for that year....they suggested we bring it up again the following year to Ms. Tutt but as i said, i lost my love in between and did not have the emotional strength at that time to pursue it... i think it must be taken up before june. if enough surveys are sent in with this issue brought up, we may get some better consideration. perhaps our old posts are still available to peruse. we had some complaints from married people that we would provoke a rise in amenity fees but i think that is illogical. a pass to be used only in the company of the single resident should not cause any problems.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default submitted my access code and

denied!....Who is the keeper of the access code?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
BOMBERO
Default Try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
denied!....Who is the keeper of the access code?
reading the entire letter. They give you a name and number to call with any questions or if you need help.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-13-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.