survey time again

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
it is coming upon time to fill out our surveys for the Villages and i hope all of us singles will mention our displeasure that we receive only one activity pass when we purchase our home and are denied the pleasure of a companion to attend club meetings, dances, etc if they happen to live in the tri county area...there is no reason that some sort of companion pass for use while in the company of a single resident could not be issued, as we pay the same amenity fees as a married couple. and our married friends must realize that when they unhappily lose their partner, they will face the same problems....it is time the Villages addressed this issue.
I agree with you 1000%. This is totally unfair.

I am a single wannabee and this issues causes me a great deal of concern.

I hope this issue is resolved in the near future.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Thanks Bombero

I have not received letter yet....I was trying to access thru Villages.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBERO View Post
reading the entire letter. They give you a name and number to call with any questions or if you need help.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It seems that people who LIVE here or OWN here have the amenities. H has an amenity pass and her name is on the deed. What if the person who had the other half of a singles pass was not a good guest? What if they would damage something? What if you didn't want them to have a pass anymore? A resident gets a fine if they do something against the deed restrictions.

You are right that we as married people pay the same fee as a single. Our other daughter who is a single parent pays the same taxes as a married couple on her home in Ohio.

This sounds mean and I don't mean it be cold and heartless, and I certainly understand how it seems unjust.

A simple solution is that the person who owns the home (resident) would be responsible for any damage caused by the guest or fined if the guest did anything against the deed restrictions.

We may be looking at apples and oranges. I pay the same taxes (apples) on my home in California whether I reside in it or not, live alone or with a family of eight (or any number). I pay for the schools, roads and so on - whether I use them or not - through these and other taxes. That is the way such taxes (apples) work.

On the other hand, presuming that the functions and amentities TV resident passes are required to enjoy are not funded by the real estate taxes paid to whatever form of government collects them but by amenities fees (oranges), to be fair each household should be provided with two passes, or the amenities fees (oranges) could be collected on a per capita basis rather than a per household basis. An analogy might be my gym membership. I hold an individual membership. If I were married my spouse and I would each have to purchase a separate membership. OK, most gyms offer a married couple a discount on the second membership but still two memberships are required to be purchased. As it now stands the single resident TV households are subidizing the households owned by couples as far as amenities go. This might be acceptable. After all many if not most people will not or can not take advantage of all of the amenities, some people are snowbirds, etc. Nevertheless, as a single person homeowner I would expect to be able to enjoy the amenities with a partner because I am paying the same fees a couple owning a home pays and certain activities the passes entitle holders to are designed for or at least more enjoyable when shared with a partner.

Question: If three people own a home in TV and live in it together do they get three passes or are they limited to two passes?

It seems to me that if they are limited to two passes the single homeowner should get two passes since the amenities fees are calibrated to cover two people.

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-13-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
If you haven't received a letter yet, they must've missed you in the mailing process somehow. Maybe you're having your mail forwarded to a different address which could cause a delay.

At the bottom of our letter, it says to call Eva Rey if you have any questions or need help - 751-6700. That would be the place to start to find out your access code.

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=manaboutown;337845Question: If three people own a home in TV and live in it together do they get three passes or are they limited to two passes?

It seems to me that if they are limited to two passes the single homeowner should get two passes since the amenities fees are calibrated to cover two people.[/QUOTE]

I and my husband both have owner passes(green cards). When our 47 year old daughter was living here with us she got a resident (blue card) and was able to use all the amities we use with the exception of the sports pools. She had to show a driver license with our address, bill for her cell phone, paystub, change of mailing address from the post office and bank statement. Not sure if all are required but I believe at least 3. Then they issured her a blue card with her photo on it. It is good for 3 years after that she would be able to renew it if still here. She left after 18 months and found a place of her own out of state, so we just handed in her card when she moved out.

Property managment on Wedgewood would be able to answer any additional questions you would have.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by graciegirl
It seems that people who LIVE here or OWN here have the amenities. H has an amenity pass and her name is on the deed. What if the person who had the other half of a singles pass was not a good guest? What if they would damage something? What if you didn't want them to have a pass anymore? A resident gets a fine if they do something against the deed restrictions.

You are right that we as married people pay the same fee as a single. Our other daughter who is a single parent pays the same taxes as a married couple on her home in Ohio.

This sounds mean and I don't mean it be cold and heartless, and I certainly understand how it seems unjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A simple solution is that the person who owns the home (resident) would be responsible for any damage caused by the guest or fined if the guest did anything against the deed restrictions.

We may be looking at apples and oranges. I pay the same taxes (apples) on my home in California whether I reside in it or not, live alone or with a family of eight (or any number). I pay for the schools, roads and so on - whether I use them or not - through these and other taxes. That is the way such taxes (apples) work.

On the other hand, presuming that the functions and amentities TV resident passes are required to enjoy are not funded by the real estate taxes paid to whatever form of government collects them but by amenities fees (oranges), to be fair each household should be provided with two passes, or the amenities fees (oranges) could be collected on a per capita basis rather than a per household basis. An analogy might be my gym membership. I hold an individual membership. If I were married my spouse and I would each have to purchase a separate membership. OK, most gyms offer a married couple a discount on the second membership but still two memberships are required to be purchased. As it now stands the single resident TV households are subidizing the households owned by couples as far as amenities go. This might be acceptable. After all many if not most people will not or can not take advantage of all of the amenities, some people are snowbirds, etc. Nevertheless, as a single person homeowner I would expect to be able to enjoy the amenities with a partner because I am paying the same fees a couple owning a home pays and certain activities the passes entitle holders to are designed for or at least more enjoyable when shared with a partner.

Question: If three people own a home in TV and live in it together do they get three passes or are they limited to two passes?

It seems to me that if they are limited to two passes the single homeowner should get two passes since the amenities fees are calibrated to cover two people.

My understanding is that if 3 or 4 people own the house each one gets a pass. Therein lies the inequity and the problem. As a married couple having 2 passes I have no issue with my single friends having a full guest pass for a companion or signifigant other. The question was posed that what if the guest was not a good guest? I would ask what if an owner was not a good owner?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Am I missing something, but aren't guest passes sufficient for most purposes, except executive golf where you have to pay extra for your guest?

I know that getting them on short notice could be somewhat problematic at times. I wonder why they can't be done online and you'd print out your own pass for your guest. The website could have protocols that monitor this.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

My understanding is that resident passes are issued only to people who live in The Villages. (I guess that's why they call them resident passes.)

Each and every homeowner is entitled to one (and only one) resident pass. If three or four people are on the deed, each of them gets one resident pass.

If someone's name is NOT on the deed, but he or she does, in fact, live in TV, proof of residency is required to obtain a resident pass. I think three forms of proof are required.

Someone, please correct me if I am in error.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Am I missing something, but aren't guest passes sufficient for most purposes, except executive golf where you have to pay extra for your guest?

I know that getting them on short notice could be somewhat problematic at times. I wonder why they can't be done online and you'd print out your own pass for your guest. The website could have protocols that monitor this.
I was thinking something similar at first Richie, but later learned that we're talking about guests for single residents that reside in the tri-county area, (not outside it) and as such they are not eligable for a guest pass. In some cases they can apply for a years guest pass if they're a member of a resident's family. So I can now see the point the OP has made.

Aside from my reply to Richie, I believe that what's being referred to as a resident's "activity pass" is actually called a "Residents ID Card." The use of the term "activity pass" intially confused me as a relatively newbee because I was given no such named pass and only the green photo ID; this is the only reason why I'm even bringing it up!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-13-2011, 11:57 PM
BOMBERO
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
You said- "submitted my access code and

denied!....Who is the keeper of the access code? "

Where did you get an access code if you didn't receive a letter?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I guess that..the only fair way would be to pay $135 for one person, $270 for two and $405 for three.

Or...$73 for one, $135 for two and $200 for three.

Or....?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Gold member

I think we're all missing something ChaCha said in her post - a SPECIAL guest pass (marked differently from regular guest passes) that must be used IN THE COMPANY of the resident. Could be issued yearly (in case status changes or a special guest takes off with it). And, only issued to single households to make it more equitable.

Ideally, the resident would always keep the pass with his/her own and not give it to the "date" or friend/relative who lives nearby. That way a single resident could golf/swim/take dance lessons with more than one "friend" or relative living in the tri-county area, but not more than one at a time. Would definitely make it more equitable, IMO.

The special guest pass would be marked with the resident ID that it would need to be used with, so the guest couldn't use it to, for instance, play golf on their own. Regular guests can do this, but I can see why tri-county guests should not be able to without being in the presence of the resident.

I don't know if the relative (immediate family in the tri-county area) passes must be used with the resident present or not, but I think they should be.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
I think we're all missing something ChaCha said in her post - a SPECIAL guest pass (marked differently from regular guest passes) that must be used IN THE COMPANY of the resident.
It may have not been apparant, but I didn't miss that ChaCha was talking about a special, currently non-existing pass and I suspect that I wasn't alone in not having missed it. However, I'm fairly confident that a number did and that would make you right, except for the "all" factor! Good luck to ChaCha and other singles in achieving change and in the mean time... I have a resident's ID and available for dates... if my wife lets me! The Villages Florida
(Wife > The Villages Florida) The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Sage
Default thanks

thanks ohio girl and skyguy for clarifying my post...i thought i had made myself clear but apparently there was some confusion...yes, i am asking for a special currently non-existant pass provided to single homeowners to keep in their possesion and use only with a date for such activities as dance classes, club meetings, water volleyball, etc. if golf is the big no no then so be it...anyone can enjoy golf with a girlfriend but one cannot take dance classes with a girlfriend, if you know what i mean. (no jokes, i mean if one is a girl)
it would just make life for us singles so much more enjoyable if we are not lucky enough to meet someone who lives right here anyway....now i am going to fill out my survey!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

The Law of Unintended Consequences

The ultimate irony would be if such a special pass discouraged singles from moving to TV.

Say I'm a man-about-town. I could get a bigger house and have more money for dating by moving near but not in TV. If I wanted to use TV amenities, I could ask out one of my TV lady friends or call one of my single male buddies in TV.

Or I'm a single girl. I have single friends in TV. I could cut my monthly expenses considerably and get a bigger house by moving outside of TV. When I longed to enjoy all that TV has to offer, I could call one of my single TV friends.

I am empathetic with my single friends on this issue. I well recognize that I could one day find myself in the same boat. But I do wonder about Unintended Consequences. Simple solutions sometimes come in convenient flip-top cans. They seem so easy and attractive. Then, pop open the can and out come the worms.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.