Thanksgiving Day Dinner Party for Singles

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Default Thanksgiving Day Dinner Party for Singles

Singles, don't spend the holiday at home by yourself, come enjoy friendship and a wonderful dinner. Much to my chagrin, dinner will be served between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. I prefer a late dinner, however the girls won this one. So, we reached a compromise and will eat a late afternoon dinner. Desert being served after 6:30PM. Table seating is limited to 14 while additional seats will be available. We already have several who want to bring food so the turkey, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pies are already taken. Please contact me with what you'd like to bring and BYO. PM me for directions at enjoythevillages. Larry
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

Larry, i was unable to send you a pm message. Please count me in for thanksgiving dinner & i will bring a vegetable dish. Sandra
Old 11-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Hi Sandra, we look forward to seeing you and thanks for bringing a vegtable dish. Larry
Old 11-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Sage

I'm in Larry. I will PM you for what to bring.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Sage

Larry:

I tried to PM you and it wouldn't let me send you a message.

Can you check this out?
1. Click on "Usercp"
2, Click on "edit options" on the left side of your screen.
3. Go to the PM area and see if you enabled your ability to receive PM's by checking the appropriate box..

Thanks,

Joe

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 PM

Sorry, Larry, I'll have to miss your dinner. I'm taking my grandchildren to Disney World that week. It was very thoughtful of you to offer to have Thanksgiving dinner, since it can be very lonely, if you don't know anyone here. It looks like you'll be having full house. I see that there are a lot of new singles, who have ventured onto our MEET AND GREET club site or whatever we're (not) calling our little group, so it's great that you're keeping our monthly get togethers continuing. Hopefully, others will offer to have a party at the first of the year, when the snowbird singles - who are braving this, often scary, move alone - will be arriving.

Katie
Old 11-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Can't make it but thanks for doing this Larry!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerogers View Post
Sorry, Larry, I'll have to miss your dinner. I'm taking my grandchildren to Disney World that week. It was very thoughtful of you to offer to have Thanksgiving dinner, since it can be very lonely, if you don't know anyone here. It looks like you'll be having full house. I see that there are a lot of new singles, who have ventured onto our MEET AND GREET club site or whatever we're (not) calling our little group, so it's great that you're keeping our monthly get togethers continuing. Hopefully, others will offer to have a party at the first of the year, when the snowbird singles - who are braving this, often scary, move alone - will be arriving.

Katie
Yay Katie! I'm happy for you to have company. And glad to see you posting on the meet and greet Unclub.. I miss you when I don't see a post for a few days.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for making me aware of the problem with the PM's. I think I corrected the issue. Would you PM me and see if it is working? Thanks, Larry
Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Yay Katie! I'm happy for you to have company. And glad to see you posting on the meet and greet Unclub.. I miss you when I don't see a post for a few days.
Hi Kate,
I'm happy for you also. Enjoy your family...they are precious and you'll have a wonderful time with them. We'll all miss you, but knowing your happy!
Larry
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Sage

ok, thanksgiving is right around the corner so i hope everyone will not wait until the last moment to contact larry! the more the merrier!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheVillages View Post
Singles, don't spend the holiday at home by yourself, come enjoy friendship and a wonderful dinner. Much to my chagrin, dinner will be served between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. I prefer a late dinner, however the girls won this one. So, we reached a compromise and will eat a late afternoon dinner. Desert being served after 6:30PM. Table seating is limited to 14 while additional seats will be available. We already have several who want to bring food so the turkey, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pies are already taken. Please contact me with what you'd like to bring and BYO. PM me for directions at enjoythevillages. Larry
Larry,
I live in stonecrest as a single guy and I go over there all the time on my street legal golf cart and was wondering if I could be invited as your guest for your thanksgiving party, I'm a 66 young active retired Coast Guardsmen. My name is Brayton Nye phone # 352 425 2827 if you decide you have any questions. I work part time for Keller Williams as there repairmen for home sales and I was a licensed realtor in New Jersey years ago and a Licensed contractor in construction just to give you a idea of my back ground. If you decide it would be ok , let me know. Just thought I ask.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM

Larry
Add me to the list of those who want to attend if there is still room.

Bill
Old 11-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
Larry
Add me to the list of those who want to attend if there is still room.

Bill
Bill, are you coming as a pumpkin? keehee.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer2005 View Post
Larry,
I live in stonecrest as a single guy and I go over there all the time on my street legal golf cart and was wondering if I could be invited as your guest for your thanksgiving party, I'm a 66 young active retired Coast Guardsmen. My name is Brayton Nye phone # 352 425 2827 if you decide you have any questions. I work part time for Keller Williams as there repairmen for home sales and I was a licensed realtor in New Jersey years ago and a Licensed contractor in construction just to give you a idea of my back ground. If you decide it would be ok , let me know. Just thought I ask.

Hi Brayton,
Yes, please come to the dinner. No one should spend Thanksgiving by themselves. We'll look forward to meeting you. I'll get back to you later on what to bring. Larry
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.