Thanksgiving Day Dinner Party for Singles

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
sounding great, larry! for the record, dianne is bringing candied sweet potatoes, not a casserole. hope everyone has a sweet tooth
Hi Dianne,
Candied sweet potatoes sound even better....This is going to be one great meal! Larry
Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Default Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoglady View Post
Hi Larry,

I'm still not sure how or where to respond to a post. I'm guessing at this area because that's what appeared on my screen.

What I like to bring to functions is a camera. Do you have an over- abundance of photographers? I'm really good at napkins and paper plates, too.

But, here's the problem: I don't know where you live.
Hi photoglady,
I've sent you a PM. Please let me know if you cannot get to it.
Larry
Old 11-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Last call for the Meet and Greet Singles Thanksgiving Party and Dinner. Our menu is complete, there's going to be a lot of great food, and, of course, the commraderie of being with other people on this traditional holiday. If you are by yourself and would like to join us please pm me at enjoythevillages.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
How many people are coming) If it is a small gathering, I can bring the mashed potato's, (ready made, store bought in addition to the dinner rolls).

Let me, know.

Joe
Joe, sounds to me like you need an education in how to use the stove!!??!!
Really, its not hard and the stove doesn't bite, I promise you!!! LOL.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheVillages View Post
Last call for the Meet and Greet Singles Thanksgiving Party and Dinner. Our menu is complete, there's going to be a lot of great food, and, of course, the commraderie of being with other people on this traditional holiday. If you are by yourself and would like to join us please pm me at enjoythevillages.
Hey, I won't know till the last minute if I can come and bring 2 other people. I trust Larry, that you will welcome us all as you would anyone who wants to come. If I can come I'll bring the oyster stuffing and more.
K.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Hey, I won't know till the last minute if I can come and bring 2 other people. I trust Larry, that you will welcome us all as you would anyone who wants to come. If I can come I'll bring the oyster stuffing and more.
K.
The oyster stuffing is all we're lacking right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Kitty can make it.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Exciting News.... just heard in addition to pumpkin pie, pecan pie, vanilla ice cream, we're also going to have CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! So many people are making so many good things, I don't know how I'm going to eat it all. Guess I better go for a long walk Thursday morning.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:05 PM

THANKSGIVING WEATHER ALERT
Although it's going to be a beautiful sunny day with no rain on Thanksgiving Day in the Villages, the temperature is another matter. The posted high is 60 degrees and as the sun goes down it will become much colder. I was planning on using the lanai for some to use at dinner. It may be too chilly for that. There's more than enough room inside for everyone (we have 16 now coming). Does anyone have 4-6 folding chairs we could use inside? That would be a big help and much appreciated. Thanks, Larry
Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The oyster stuffing is all we're lacking right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Kitty can make it.
Kitty. Follow the directions on Stove top regular chicken or turkey. Get the little can(s) of refrigerated oysters at Publix fish area and add one small can for every box of stuffing. I don't drain them. Two boxes should cover the oyster dressing crowd.

Sometimes I cook a few chicken parts (dark meat is tastier..three or four thighs) and debone them and add a little chicken meat. Always I add a little sautéed in a tablespoon or so of butter.. until soft and transparent, onion and celery...about a cup combined to each box. You can put it together a day ahead and bake for about a half an hour at 350 or until hot just before serving.

You probably already can make it far better than I do.

EVERYTIME I SEE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD it makes me so happy that a bunch of you are getting together to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Hugs and love to all of you.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Sage
Default only Youoououu could post this to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Kitty. Follow the directions on Stove top regular chicken or turkey. Get the little can(s) of refrigerated oysters at Publix fish area and add one small can for every box of stuffing. I don't drain them. Two boxes should cover the oyster dressing crowd.

Sometimes I cook a few chicken parts (dark meat is tastier..three or four thighs) and debone them and add a little chicken meat. Always I add a little sautéed in a tablespoon or so of butter.. until soft and transparent, onion and celery...about a cup combined to each box. You can put it together a day ahead and bake for about a half an hour at 350 or until hot just before serving.

You probably already can make it far better than I do.

EVERYTIME I SEE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD it makes me so happy that a bunch of you are getting together to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Hugs and love to all of you.
OMgraciousLord,
I am so LOL! hahaha.
thank you, Gracie, momma did not cook oyster stuffin...if I'm going to Larry's I'll do exactly as you recommend. ILY.
Kitty
Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
THANKSGIVING WEATHER ALERT
Although it's going to be a beautiful sunny day with no rain on Thanksgiving Day in the Villages, the temperature is another matter. The posted high is 60 degrees and as the sun goes down it will become much colder. I was planning on using the lanai for some to use at dinner. It may be too chilly for that. There's more than enough room inside for everyone (we have 16 now coming). Does anyone have 4-6 folding chairs we could use inside? That would be a big help and much appreciated. Thanks, Larry
I have some chairs, think I've got 3. I am happy at you for being my very dear and close friend.
And you so stepped up to be the first man to host a party. Larry-Rocks.
K.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Sage

i will bring four of those wooden folding chairs.....plus ice, soda, sweet potatoes....duh, anything else? oh yes, my coat!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Default Chairs

Thanks Dianne, the chairs will be a big help. Yep, you better bring a coat since it's going to get quite chilly tomorrow evening.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Joe, sounds to me like you need an education in how to use the stove!!??!!
Really, its not hard and the stove doesn't bite, I promise you!!! LOL.
I'll have to dust it off first.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

Thanks larry for a great party. Looking forward to the next one now.
Sandra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.