Are there any singles groups just for women?

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Wink Are there any singles groups just for women?

I moved here at the end of Aug. & I thank God every day for leading me to this wonderful place. I'm divorced & not interested in another relationship, and would love to meet other single women who would be interested in golfing, going out to lunch or dinner, movies, etc. I don't mind doing these things alone, but sometimes it's nice to have company. The friends I do have here in TV are all married. I live in Buttonwood, & I'd love to know if there is a singles group just for women. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

I recommend the Single Sports Social Women's Club - don't let "sports" throw you. We do everything - movies, day trips, dinners out once a month, fundraisers etc. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Canal Street rec center. This month however it may be at Seabreeze. PM me for more info if you want. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet many other women. I think our membership is about 160. There are small groups that do things together like kayaking and golf etc. One member used to have game night at her house once a month and you'd bring a board game to play with others. There is really a lot to pick and choose from.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I recommend the Single Sports Social Women's Club - don't let "sports" throw you. We do everything - movies, day trips, dinners out once a month, fundraisers etc. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Canal Street rec center. This month however it may be at Seabreeze. PM me for more info if you want. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet many other women. I think our membership is about 160. There are small groups that do things together like kayaking and golf etc. One member used to have game night at her house once a month and you'd bring a board game to play with others. There is really a lot to pick and choose from.
I've been busy since I first posted this question, but after the first of the year I'm most definitely interested in going to a meeting of this group. Can anyone tell me when & where the January meeting will be? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

We will be meeting on January 19 at 7 PM at Canal Street rec center. Dues are $5.00 for the year. Our meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
We will be meeting on January 19 at 7 PM at Canal Street rec center. Dues are $5.00 for the year. Our meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
I'd love to join this group when I'm there What Village is the Canal Street Rec Center located near ? I do have a TV map but it's hard to find specific locations on it ~ THANKS for the information.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

The rec center is close to Virginia Trace, Sable Chase, Largo, Bonita, and easily accessible from Duval and Hemmingway.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Sage

See map:

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...ges/RecMap.pdf

South of 466 - Look to the left of Mallory Hill CC.

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Veteran member
Talking

THANKS Dick & Chuck ~

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.