Working on making it permanent.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In awe of TV View Post
Hi Kathie,

I just sent you a PM.

Linda
Linda, I was gonna suggest you contact Kathie and meet up with the gang at RJ Gators. I see you're already in touch with her...fantastic! You'll have a ball.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Default Kathie is the key!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In awe of TV View Post
Hi Kathie,

I just sent you a PM.

Linda
Linda/'Awe' - I can confirm Kathie will help you out! Visited TV over Labor Day and she had me dancing before I ordered my first beer .... Good luck! Meet you soon!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Hi Kathie and others, Visiting TV was quite an expeience. I have never seen anything like it! Since I knew someone living there she showed me around. My friend has lived in three separate houses in TV and knows it well. I found it a beautiful golfer's paradise and that people living there really enjoyed themselves. I attended the Sumter Singles monthly meeting featuring the dancers. I was astounded at the number of people there! To find if it is for me I will have to spend more time there.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Default singles

Hi Kathie - I guess you are the one to talk to //// I am coming to the villages for six days starting 11/18/10..... and would like to learn more on where do the singles hang out wow forgot I am a retired male. anyhow I would realy like some info thanks eddj
Old 11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Sage
Default standing in..

well, happy to hear that manabouttown enjoyed his time here....as for edd, i guess kathie is too busy dancing to check this thread and since you are still waiting for some advice, i think kathie would tell you that some of us go to havana country club on tuesday night, most go to rjgators in lake sumter landing for karaoke on wed and sat nights after nine...katie belle's in spanish springs is always jumping.. check the websites for The Village Singles and for Sumter Singles for their activities while you are here...also check out live entertainment schedule under lifestyles on thevillages.com website...get a copy of the recreation news at any rec center and check out any club activities which might interest you that week...you will need a guest pass to go to rec centers or katie belle's. you will be so busy your head will spin!
have a great time...
Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Smile singles

CHACHACHA kathie did drop a note that said youwere the one to ask and I thank you for your note sorry I didnt catch it sooner -- hope to see you all later this week.. eddj:
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Default Happenings for singles?

I will be down Tuesday through Sunday. Any singles events going on thanksgiving week? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Sage
Default yes it is fun!

tuesday night is a good night to be at City Fire (the old urban flats). actually there is a good crowd there every night since they have music. sunday the 27th is the Sumter Singles meeting at two thirty, potluck with dancing...and there is a singles dance at the American Legion that night, tickets $10 and i think you can get them at the door. are you having thanksgiving dinner with friends? both of the singles clubs have calendars posted on their websites for golf outings and other activities... the other big group is The Villages Singles but you might have to google for the websites, sorry...have fun!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Smile

Thanks so much chachacha. Can't wait to meet all of you. Thanksgiving my sister and I are going to dinner at Arnold Palmer. Of course Rez is for 830 but that's fine. Just hope they still have some Turkey left. Will check out Gators Wednesday and saturday!! Thanks again. And Happy Turkey Day to everyone on TOTV!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
Thanks so much chachacha. Can't wait to meet all of you. Thanksgiving my sister and I are going to dinner at Arnold Palmer. Of course Rez is for 830 but that's fine. Just hope they still have some Turkey left. Will check out Gators Wednesday and saturday!! Thanks again. And Happy Turkey Day to everyone on TOTV!!!
I'll be at City Fire Tuesday night as well. RJ Gators is wild on Satrurday nights and we have some real talent here that can sing.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:50 AM

Hope to check out city fire Tuesday as well!!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage
Default gators

i have not been to gators in a long time so not even sure if they still do the karaoke, but if not, come on over to city fire...also, don't miss the lovely holiday programs at church on the square beginning on thanksgiving at six pm...$2 donation goes to food pantry...katie belle's is always fun, too...glad to hear jim straz will be back in town! catch him for a dance if you can!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina
Default Chachacha

Hi from your friend up north in Philadelphia. It's a totally boring Saturday night up here and it's getting colder each week. I had so much fun with you and your friends at Tierra del Sol and with all of the other activities in TV, that now it's such a letdown. Nothing in the world can compare to TV whether you're married or single and I really miss it. Can't wait for the Spring when I can retire and move there.
Hope you and all the other nice people I met (Bill & Charles) have a terrific Thanksgiving. I miss all of you.
Trudy
Old 11-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Sage
Default hi trudy,

i guess this answers the question posed in this thread! spring will be here soon! we will save a place for you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.