what is your biggest concern about being alone?

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

After 20 years of living alone I am pretty well set in my ways. Doomed to spend the last days alone.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:29 PM

I once made 2 columns on a pad of paper about having / not having a partner. (Alone /housemate)
Most of the gripes were minor,nothing that could not be worked out, or compromised as far as I was concerned . It came down to emotional issues,was I (or partner ) happy or complacent ? Did I ( we) feel enhanced by each other? Sounds selfish but if I wasn't t happy " We " probably would not last very long in a commitment.I think every one has a little checklist of what they want to have in a partner. The problem there is that everyone wants a "miss or mister "perfect!
Be realistic life is not a fantasy,romantic paperback novel!
Think that you are;
kind,thoughtful,good listener,considerate,secure emotionally and ( somewhat financially stable)
Old 05-17-2014, 10:36 PM

Good evening from Minnesota. I am a couple of years from retiring, hoping to do a Village visit later this year. I am surprised to read that most seem resigned to being single / alone. Been divorced for a couple of years and have not given up that I will be lucky enough to have a wonderful woman come into my life again. Surprised to hear folks aren't out there with the same energy and dreams and hopes of finding the right person (again) like we did in our 20s.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Sage

well, as i said in my original post, it seems to me that most of us are quite happy being single, so i would not use the word "resigned". that does not mean that most of us would not be delightfully surprised to fall in love again, just not holding our breath as for having the same energy for anything that we had in our 20's, well that is another subject look forward to welcoming you when you do your visit! let us know.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Default My biggest concern about being alone?

At the present time I live with "Jack" the rambunctious Rat Terrier and I truly like it that way.

My lifestyle, however, is lacking in social options and that's why I'm still the TV Wannabee, listed on MLS, and waiting for that special buyer to fall in love with my place.

Actually, my daughter is more concerned for my wellbeing living out in the country alone, than I am. I love the single life for all the reasons previously expressed. GREAT TOPIC !
Old 05-23-2014, 04:05 PM

I've always been curious why we have to "label" everyone....why can't we just be "people"! I came to TV not to be labeled "single"; "widow"; "senior" or anything else other than a "person".....yes, there are considerations we have to think about when we don't have a spouse but why dwell on it. There's so many positive people here in TV and great experiences ... why not just enjoy!!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
I've always been curious why we have to "label" everyone....why can't we just be "people"! I came to TV not to be labeled "single"; "widow"; "senior" or anything else other than a "person".....yes, there are considerations we have to think about when we don't have a spouse but why dwell on it. There's so many positive people here in TV and great experiences ... why not just enjoy!!
I don't believe people are "labeled". It's only a part of this conversation. I think it is valuable information to know if someone is alone (ie: single, widowed, etc) it's a huge concern for folks that are alone to know that their will be someone checking on them if they are incapacitated or worse.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:56 PM

I agree Gerryann.....please see my previous post on this question a while ago when Cha first put this subject up. I was just voicing my curosity. I have found that TV is a great place of caring people...and, yes, I am one of those people with no family here and a widow for 10 years....we are all blessed to live in a community like this IMHO.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.