IN The Air Tonight: Celebrating The Music Of Phil Collins- Jul 21-The Savannah Center

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2023, 09:10 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default IN The Air Tonight: Celebrating The Music Of Phil Collins- Jul 21-The Savannah Center

IN THE AIR TONIGHT: CELEBRATING THE MUSIC OF PHIL COLLINS & GENESIS - JULY 21 - THE SAVANNAH CENTER

"IN THE AIR TONIGHT" is a concert re-creation of our generation's most prominent artist and band, Grammy award-winning artist Phil Collins and Genesis.
Phil Collins is one of only three recording artists, along with Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson. They have sold over 100 million records worldwide, both as solo artists and separately as principal members of a band. He has received eight Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards (winning Best British Male Artist three times), two Golden Globe Awards, one Academy Award, and a Disney Legend Award.
Packed with all the colossal hits songs, this concert extravaganza will take on a journey back to the hey-day of Phil Collins and Genesis. "You Can't Hurry Love," "Another Day in Paradise," "Easy Lover," "Sussudio," "One More Night," "Invisible Touch," "I Can't Dance," and the titular, "In The Air Tonight," plus all the rest.
Come and celebrate the music of Phil Collins and Genesis because there's Something "In The Air Tonight.”
Get your seats today!

Ticket Links:

https://bit.ly/InTheAirTonight-PhilCollins-2023
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	ITAT-640x410.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	98635  
Phone: (407) 602-3222
Old 05-26-2023, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

I've attended a few of these tribute concerts. Some are pretty good. Most not. I prefer not to be disappointed.

There is a reason that people like Phil Collins reach the pinnacles of popularity that they do, and that is because the music they produce is unique. If others could do it, they would.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

I've attended Phil Collins concerts in my younger days and loved his music and drumming.
But he should hang it up.
Sad to see Phil Collins going concerts in a wheel chair in 2023.

I also remember seeing Kenny Rodgers at the Sharon days after knee surgery
sitting with a cane some months before he's passing
Old 05-26-2023, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I've attended Phil Collins concerts in my younger days and loved his music and drumming.

What a totally elitest attitude! So, you would never say someone that is of skin color you dont share, or a religion that you don't abide by as offensive, but you find those of us with mobility challenges as "less than"? The fact some of us require a wheelchair to continue or lives with all the skills and gifts we were given by God makes us "SAD to see" because we are not able to get around as we were before??? YOU are the one with issues that limit your life. We just have mobility challenges. Our gifts, enjoyments, abilities, relationships are just as rewarding to share as before we had trouble getting around. Your attitude/ thinking of us being "less than we were because of mobility challenges" is YOUR personal handicap!
Old 05-26-2023, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
What a totally elitest attitude! So, you would never say someone that is of skin color you dont share, or a religion that you don't abide by as offensive, but you find those of us with mobility challenges as "less than"? The fact some of us require a wheelchair to continue or lives with all the skills and gifts we were given by God makes us "SAD to see" because we are not able to get around as we were before??? YOU are the one with issues that limit your life. We just have mobility challenges. Our gifts, enjoyments, abilities, relationships are just as rewarding to share as before we had trouble getting around. Your attitude/ thinking of us being "less than we were because of mobility challenges" is YOUR personal handicap!

What I meant was it's hard to see them today compared to when they performed
at a younger age.
Nothing more.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:

You do realize that this isn’t Phil Collins who will be performing, right?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-27-2023, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
What I meant was it's hard to see them today compared to when they performed
at a younger age.
Nothing more.
Yep. Your message was quite clear. Nothing was said that in any way disrespected persons with handicaps.

It is hard to watch an elite performer, no matter what area he/she excelled in, try to perform when no longer able to come even close to the performance level that made them famous. As a former Minnesotan I vividly remember Kirby Puckett, one of the truly elite baseballers of his or of any time. Glaucoma in his right eye tragically cut his career short. I recall he did make an effort to return after he reported that some vision had returned in the affected eye but it was not to be. He couldn't perform at anywhere near the standard that had made him great. To say that is NOT to disrespect persons with vision handicaps.
Closed Thread

Tags
phil, collins, air, tonight, genesis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.