Strawberry Festival

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
You bought a home there.
Now you finally know the "Morse Clan" only does things for their own benefit.
Look at all the houses built South of CR-44. Amazingly with nothing to do except drive North of CR-44. Guess what with nowhere to park.
"The Villages" was originally built by building all enmities to draw purchases. For the last 6 years or so. NO. NO. NO. Only sell homes to line the "Morse" pockets..
Why dont they spend the money to build more Town Squares like "Spanish Springs", "Lake Sumter Landing," and the last one built was "Brownwood" which opened in October of 2012. That was almost 11 years ago.
However, they never stopped selling homes, have they? Many new purchasers are unhappy and move North of CR-44 or out of The Villages completely.
Shameful of the "Morse Money Hungry Moguls"
God Bless the Morse Family for providing homes, entertainment, shopping, beautiful areas and lots to do. If you are unhappy instead of criticism, move to another location. There are lots of empty homes up north!
Old 02-26-2023, 01:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,785 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.turay View Post
How can it be tooo crowded if nobody goes there?
Calgon, take me away.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
The polo fields are for polo, and it is polo season. First match is Friday. A fair like the strawberry festival would tear up the fields.
I'm not for moving it to the polo field at all, but this argument holds little basis. Did the recent ballooon festival there, tear it up?

Would it tear up the field any worse than the hundreds of galloping, turning horses, riders & swinging mallets??

TV population has probably more than doubled in size since many of these events were started and there seems to have been zero venue planning regarding the inevitable self imposed scale.
This can be said of many things here though, not just the Strawberry festival...
Old 02-26-2023, 03:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
You bought a home there.
Now you finally know the "Morse Clan" only does things for their own benefit.
Look at all the houses built South of CR-44. Amazingly with nothing to do except drive North of CR-44. Guess what with nowhere to park.
"The Villages" was originally built by building all enmities to draw purchases. For the last 6 years or so. NO. NO. NO. Only sell homes to line the "Morse" pockets..
Why dont they spend the money to build more Town Squares like "Spanish Springs", "Lake Sumter Landing," and the last one built was "Brownwood" which opened in October of 2012. That was almost 11 years ago.
However, they never stopped selling homes, have they? Many new purchasers are unhappy and move North of CR-44 or out of The Villages completely.
Shameful of the "Morse Money Hungry Moguls"
They are building golf courses, a town square and other things. Why build new with so many store fronts still unrelated. They added to Brownwood when they were building down south. Also a lot of time went into building the bridges so people could get to the town squares.
Old 02-26-2023, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
The population of the villages has almost doubled but we have the same one, day one venue events. Something has to change
Wasn't this a two day event?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
This does not sound different from any other "free" event ! Street fairs, Plant City Strawberry Festival, State Fair, fireworks display, etc. Why all of the angst?
Because some people aren't happy unless they're miserable...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
TOTV has nothing to do with this site,
Er... Pretty sire they RUN this site...

Now, "The Villages" has nothing to do with this site...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There comes a time in our lives when some things are no longer possible, I for one have not given up a scotch at 5 in the evening.

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's public property, those are public roads. There are also public restaurants and other businesses there where people work, there are also some offices that are open for business that aren't retail or restaurant.

A shuttle system to and from where, exactly? And who will pay for it?

You can't move the strawberry festival to May. This is strawberry season. That's kind of the whole point of the festival.
What do you mean they can't change the strawberry growing season?

Just change NATURE!

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
I'm not for moving it to the polo field at all, but this argument holds little basis. Did the recent ballooon festival there, tear it up?

Would it tear up the field any worse than the hundreds of galloping, turning horses, riders & swinging mallets??

TV population has probably more than doubled in size since many of these events were started and there seems to have been zero venue planning regarding the inevitable self imposed scale.
This can be said of many things here though, not just the Strawberry festival...
The Balloon Fair was well over a month ago. Plenty of time for the field to recover...

As far as horses tearing up the fields, have you ever seen what happens when a horse goes down during a Polo match? It's not pretty...

They want to start with a good field. If it gets torn up during the match, so be it.

Hoof prints are much different than tire ruts and thousands of people stomping down the field...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-26-2023, 08:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyhoer View Post
I was expecting everything "strawberry". Milkshakes, pies, cookies,etc. The only thing strawberry was one shortcake stand. There were produce vendors selling flats of strawberries, but that was it. The event was just like a crowded market night. It took us a half hour driving around trying to find a parking place.
You might want to check your eyesight, or actually stop at the booths. Multiple places had strawberry shortcake, strawberry pies (crumble, single & double crust) strawberry cookies/fudge/scone’s/muffins/coffee cake. As well as cheesecake with strawberry’s, and strawberry cheesecake. There was shaved ice with strawberry topping, the strawberry ice cream/shakes was at scooples. Maybe you stopped at the wrong square
Old 02-26-2023, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
You might want to check your eyesight, or actually stop at the booths. Multiple places had strawberry shortcake, strawberry pies (crumble, single & double crust) strawberry cookies/fudge/scone’s/muffins/coffee cake. As well as cheesecake with strawberry’s, and strawberry cheesecake. There was shaved ice with strawberry topping, the strawberry ice cream/shakes was at scooples. Maybe you stopped at the wrong square
I was at Brownwood and the the strawberry offerings were minimal. It reminded me of a very low end flea market.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I was at Brownwood and the the strawberry offerings were minimal. It reminded me of a very low end flea market.
Have never been to a flea market, don’t they sell stuff nobody can get rid of, like rusted tools, golf clubs, old books, toys, and VHS tapes?
Old 02-26-2023, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,692 Times in 3,176 Posts

I've never been to a flea market where I could buy all of the following:

a half pound of fresh, home-made mozzarella
a jar of locally-made cashew butter with dehydrated powdered strawberries mixed in it
a bar of local-made artisan goat's milk soap
a tray of fresh ripe strawberries
a hot buttered Maine lobster roll

BTW the mozz is delicious. And the cashew butter to die for. Strawberries are getting frozen and added to my pina coladas for the next few months. The soap is being used like potpourri, just making my bathroom smell pretty. The lobster roll almost brought me to tears, it's been so long since I've enjoyed one.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,291 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The strawberry daiquiris were being poured as fast as the blenders could whip them up at 10 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
strawberry, festival, early, question, couldn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.