Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbr1120 View Post
Should get the Darwin award.
That's funny.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Gold member

I have read a lot of opinions that state that if Bruce Jenner thinks he is a woman, then he is a woman. I have struggled with this and due to my engineering background, I had to develop some tests in order to form my own opinion.

1. I am on the Titanic. After the Captain announces "Women and Children First", he then announces "If there are no more women or children, the oldest males may board the life rafts." Bruce Jenner comes and cuts in front of me and says, "Not so fast, old man." Do I defer?

2. I am in a waiting room. All the seats are taken. Bruce walks in. Do I offer him my seat?

3. I am playing golf with Bruce for money. He insists on using the ladies tee boxes. Do I agree?

Based on my scientific studies, I am no longer on the fence.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I have read a lot of opinions that state that if Bruce Jenner thinks he is a woman, then he is a woman. I have struggled with this and due to my engineering background, I had to develop some tests in order to form my own opinion.

1. I am on the Titanic. After the Captain announces "Women and Children First", he then announces "If there are no more women or children, the oldest males may board the life rafts." Bruce Jenner comes and cuts in front of me and says, "Not so fast, old man." Do I defer?

2. I am in a waiting room. All the seats are taken. Bruce walks in. Do I offer him my seat?

3. I am playing golf with Bruce for money. He insists on using the ladies tee boxes. Do I agree?

Based on my scientific studies, I am no longer on the fence.
You and Bruce both get sentenced to prison. Big inmate named Catfish says he needs a new lover, do you defer to Bruce?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
You and Bruce both get sentenced to prison. Big inmate named Catfish says he needs a new lover, do you defer to Bruce?
"Catfish, this is Caitlyn. Caitlyn, this is Catfish."
Old 06-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Let's face it. ESPN is only interested in attracting eyeballs to their awards show. No different than all those other stupid awards shows with actors giving each other awards every week.
Does anybody actually care what Jenner does or doesn't do... or have?

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 06-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I didn't care for the past 70 odd years whether the guy next to me was anything other than what we all, for the most part, look and act like in every day life.

What is currently annoying is the insistence and the in everybody's face what the non conformists (trying to be polite) want or think we should do about and for them.

I frankly am tired of hearing about it and seeing it every single day. This does not mean anything more than tired of having it in my face every single day.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I didn't care for the past 70 odd years whether the guy next to me was anything other than what we all, for the most part, look and act like in every day life.

What is currently annoying is the insistence and the in everybody's face what the non conformists (trying to be polite) want or think we should do about and for them.

I frankly am tired of hearing about it and seeing it every single day. This does not mean anything more than tired of having it in my face every single day.
I'm with u Mr. Bill
Old 06-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Bruce Jenner to be awarded the Courage Award by ESPN for changing his gender.

Caitlyn Jenner, Bruce's new persona, excitedly wrote on Twitter “What the hell am I going to wear?” when it was announced that the reality star was to be honored at next month’s ESPY’s with the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.

Here are a couple of folks who apparently were not considered as worthy.

The Villages Florida

Lauren Hill, the 19-year-old Mount St. Joseph basketball player who courageously battled brain cancer while staying on the university team didn't get squat. She lost her fight against cancer on April 10.

MIND BOGGLING!

I'm pretty рissed off at the moment.
I agree that there are far better choices for this award than an Olympic athlete who was on a Wheaties box who decided to change his gender after decades of anxiety and the like about his sexual identity. I kind of think this is as some said all about ratings and the ads they can get big bucks from these high ratings.

I disagree about the Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, etc. as these are usually based on the votes of other people in that same field not necessarily just the actors but all of the people who are part of these various associations.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

I agree wholeheartedly and I know many many people who feel the exact same way.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Sage

Almost 2200 hits and 54 posts on a thread about a subject everyone is tired of hearing about everyday?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
It's an award for athletes who have shown courage. As an athlete Jenner has done what few others have been able to do. Having been known as a great athlete all his life, but yet to have the inner struggle of feeling like being in the wrong body was not easy. To feel like a fraud for his whole life is very stressful. Transgender people are at a point now where gays were about 20 years ago......and look how far the world has come in acceptance. Hopefully trans people will enjoy that same acceptance. People, it's not about sex, it's about their inner soul. I honestly don't know if Caitlyn Jenner deserves the award this year, and she certainly doesn't need or really want money. She just wants to live her authentic life.

Until you walk in someone's shoes you really have no right to make judgements.
Make that 55 posts.
I think it is very true -- ”Until you walk in someone's shoes, you really have no right to make judgements".

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-11-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Make that 55 posts.
I think it is very true -- ”Until you walk in someone's shoes, you really have no right to make judgements".
I don't know anyone personally who has wanted to be another gender. I think few have known others who have wanted to be another gender. That is the reason the whole issue is troubling and emotionally charged. I think that not his angst is in question, but why he chose to not do it more privately.

People have instinctive reactions on a lot of levels toward others sexual behavior in public. I think that this is kind of like that.

I know a lot of gay people and I may know a lot of cross dressers, but if I do, I don't know WHO they are. I have known males who act feminine and females who act masculine.

Most of us are comfortable in our own sexuality and our partners, but even our kids may be uncomfortable about knowing or hearing of ours and we may not want to know too much about theirs.

It seems to be instinctive to choose our partner and have sex privately.

I am not making sense, even to me. So I guess I will stop typing.

I do understand that his gender change may be troubling and confusing to a lot of people and it seems to engender a lot more reaction from males.

It is because most of us cannot understand at all personally or from personal relationships what has happened to him and why he has made these choices. We are not bad for being confused or unable to make sense of it.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

He was a hero when I was younger, now BS.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Miami: Seventh Trans Woman Murdered in U.S. in 2015 | Advocate.com

Perhaps more empathy with transgenders will curb the violence that is often thrown at them. Bruce Jenner's award and the attention he gets from that may help this especially if he handles himself with some class. Arthur Ashe certainly did that. Arthur Ashe | Conscious Leader, Humanitarian, Educator and Athlete - Home
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.