Red Sox fan needs help

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Default Red Sox fan needs help

We recently purchased our home in the Village of Charlotte and need to know which tv provider (Comcast, Direct TV, etc.) will provide the best Red Sox game coverage. Any direction and help is greatly appreciated. Also appreciate if you can provide your cost per month. Thanks so much.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Veteran member

best thing u can do is make sure ur provider has the MLB network an u can see all games home and away,, the fee is really cheap for what u get for thentire season. direct tv has issues with the weather here with all the rain we have here in the bubble,, as far as comcast, it is pricey but is good reliable service and the internet speeds are unmatched,
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
best thing u can do is make sure ur provider has the MLB network an u can see all games home and away,, the fee is really cheap for what u get for thentire season. direct tv has issues with the weather here with all the rain we have here in the bubble,, as far as comcast, it is pricey but is good reliable service and the internet speeds are unmatched,
I would use Directvas they have the best sports packages. I believe it comes with MLB, but your have to ask them if you get complete coverage of Red Sox games ,Yankees, on the YES Network).

Prices are rsaonable for what you get. Blackouts of your television will be infrequent in the summer months, due to rainstorms. Your receiver can be programmed for non HD dupliacte channeling, in case this happens, Blackouts last 15 mnutes at the most.

I would suggest you get the DVR recorder type unit. You can record games, for when they play on the west coast, and watch them the next day.

I hpoe this helps but don't disregard my info, as I am a Yankee fan. Always have been and always will be. Go Yanks!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Comcast has great service. In almost two years here, we've never had a blackout. I also had Comcast up north and loved it there as well.

To watch the Red Sox games you have to get the MB package which is about $200 per year.

You might also want to look into joining Red Sox Nation here in the Villages. It is the largest contingent of Red Sox nation in the world. My wife and I drive down to Tampa a few times a years to see them play the Rays. It's and easy drive and a very nice ballpark in which to watch a game.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Red Sox Cruise..January 12th Celebrity

Hey Red Sox Fans...where you aware that the Red Sox Fan Club is having a cruise January 12th out of Ft Lauderdale on Celebrity Shilouette !!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.