Volleyball - Places with Leagues?

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Default Volleyball - Places with Leagues?

We are new to the Villages (moving down this Winter) and have learned of a group that plays recreationally on Sundays, I think it is, at the High School. However, we are also looking for places that have regular leagues for both/either volleyball or wallyball (volleyball played on a racquetball court).

Can anyone give us some tips on where we might need to go to join some volleyball leagues? We would be willing to travel 20-30 minutes our of the Villages if necessary to find it. Please advise.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

as far as Volleyball....your question is not that simple here in the Villages. Are you loking for play on Sand, hard surface or in water.....and the the next questino would be the level of play Social, recreational, Intermediate or Advanced level. For the Advnaced water play you actually need to try out and be accepted into the club..this is for your protection as well as the clubs.

In Advanced water volleyball, there is definintely spiking, blocking and hard hitting..... both men and women particiapte, and there is both league and open play dates.

For Intermediate Water Volleyball here is a web site ot help you get started
http://villagesvolleyball.com/
Old 11-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Sage

I know someone who plays in both basketball and volleyball pick up leagues every week (sometimes twice a week). I think they play somewhere in Fruitland Park. (Note: I think it is very competitive and Villagers and non-Villagers participate, young and old).

I think volleyball is also played nearby in an Oxford church (10 mins down 301). Not sure of the days.

As was previously mentioned there is plenty of water VB to keep you happy as well.

(PS > I love wallyball - haven't played in years but that was a great game!).
Old 11-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Thanks. We've never tried water volleyball - that sounds interesting. We like both sand and hard court volleyball and play at the Intermediate (Silver, Silver Plus) level and are looking for leagues at that level.
We'll check out the Fruitland tip (thanks Russ). Also looking for any other tips for leagues in Ocala, Leesburg, surrounding). Very much appreciate the tips.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Any other tips. We saw that the Leesburg Parks and Rec gymnasium was supposed to have an open gym for volleyball last Friday night. When we got there the whole place was locked up and lights out. Made us a bit sad. So we look for any other tips anyone has about indoor volleyball places to play. Thanks in advance for the help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.