Went to LIV golf tournament in Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2023, 04:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,157 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
LIV golf tournament with Elvin Sam Norman
Pros and cons of attending LIV golf tournament in Orlando.
When we arrived had no idea which parking lot we were suppise to park in. We went to wrong parking lot. The officer told us we had to turn around and go back to where we came from. I asked if there was any handicap parking, He didn't know so we went to the 1st parking lot. We asked 3 people if there was handicapped parking. Nobody knew so they parked us in this big field. We had to walk probably 300 yd to front entrance to go through security. Took about 30 minutes to get through security, even though they had 4 separate lines, because line was so long. Then we had to walk about another 3 or 400 yd to number 9 green. They did have a handicap spot set up for handicapped people by number 9 green. Just about all the spots were taken. We had a hard time watching when the players got on the green because all the cameras were right in our way. It got pretty hot once the clouds were not blocking the sun. One of the volunteers walked by we asked him where could we get some water? He said how many do you need I said too? He said I'll be right back. He came back in about 10 minutes with 2 Cold bottles of water which was really nice we thank them a lot. We were told when we came in that when we were ready to leave to go over to the Ada shack and they will give us a ride back to the parking lo. so we walked over to the Ada shack. We had to wait 30 minutes before somebody. Finally came around in a golf cart to give us a ride back to the parking lot. Was not very well organized we did get to see some of our favorite players. Very casual took a little get used to the different format. We heard a lot of people complaining about the disorganization. Don't think I'll be attending anymore LIV tournaments
I'm sorry you had to experience all that. I went on Friday so I could avoid the crowds. I walked right in, no line, they didn't even check for my ticket on my phone! But the parking situation was very difficult. I can't imagine being disabled and dealing with all that sand to walk through, let alone find the dang thing!
Old 04-03-2023, 05:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocs View Post
that is so true ! (meaning most non golfers probably have no idea of the distance or what a feat that is !
I can picture a 300 yard drive, 3 football fields.

Last edited by Worldseries27; 04-03-2023 at 05:13 AM. Reason: File
Old 04-03-2023, 05:06 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,322 Times in 548 Posts

I caught a bit of the LIV tournament on television this weekend. It’s different but “competition” between the PGA and this new league is a good thing in my opinion. The PGA players can thank the LIV for the dramatic increases in prize money to the new upstart league. The purses in many cases have doubled. Wow! Capitalism at its best! That said, I can’t blame the PGA for wanting to protect their turf so to speak. However, those that live in glass houses need to be careful about throwing stones. My wife and I have attended many PGA and LPGA golf tournaments. If you’ve never been, you should go. Our location here in The Villages gives us many opportunities to watch live professional golf without mortgaging the house or traveling too far.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:51 AM

No thank you. Backed by murderous Saudi’s and played by Greedy Men.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:31 AM

I have worked the Arnold Palmer tournament for the last couple of years. Thursday is the best day to interact with the players as they are more relaxed. I saw a fan trying to get a selfie as Tony Finau passed by. Tony stopped, smiled, and gave him a thumbs up as the fan took the selfie. Truly, he understood how Arnold Palmer lived his life.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 04-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

I watched my first finals of LIV tournament yesterday. Less than impressed. I'll stick with the PGA. Just seems like a big money grab from oil rich Saudis. Gross
Old 04-03-2023, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,187 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
No thank you. Backed by murderous Saudi’s and played by Greedy Men.
The United States is expected to surpass $50 BILLION in trade with those murderous Saudi's in 2023.

Funny how everyone else seems to be entitled to get paid what they're worth, except for former PGA Tour golfers.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny2403 View Post
no thank you. Backed by murderous saudi’s and played by greedy men.
a salute to our countries gunnies.
However
geopolitically speaking and planning the saudis, israelis and egyptians are the middle east counter weight to the iranians desire to rule over the middle east and destroy israel. We are unfortunate, allies
Old 04-03-2023, 10:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,353 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I watched my first finals of LIV tournament yesterday. Less than impressed. I'll stick with the PGA. Just seems like a big money grab from oil rich Saudis. Gross
The United States imported roughly 356,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Saudi Arabia in 2021.
Old 04-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,322 Times in 548 Posts
Default LIV money

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
In this case, the oil rich Saudis are spending some of their money here. Our houses and closets are full of “things” that we have purchased from “bad guys” and authoritarian regimes. We buy their oil and they buy our airplanes, etc.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=JP;2204018]I watched my first finals of LIV tournament yesterday. Less than impressed. I'll stick with the PGA. Just seems like a big money grab from oil rich Saudis. Gross[/QUOTE

Many of the PGA”s playoff sponsers ie; Coca-Cola, BMW, JP Morgan, and 20 other sponsors through out the year do 40+ Billion worth of business with the Saudi’s. So the “big money grab” goes both ways. Don’t necessarily disagree we shouldn’t be unhappy where the money is coming from, but it’s going to the PGA and LIV, so both are heavily involved. Three Masters Champions in the top 10, and the individual and team decisions coming down to the final putts on the final hole made for spectacular competition. If it’s the more casual atmosphere you dislike, or the shotgun format, thats a personal decision, but for me I enjoy and embrace the differences.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,157 Times in 891 Posts

Badger quote
"Many of the PGA”s playoff sponsers ie; Coca-Cola, BMW, JP Morgan, and 20 other sponsors through out the year do 40+ Billion worth of business with the Saudi’s. So the “big money grab” goes both ways. Don’t necessarily disagree we shouldn’t be unhappy where the money is coming from, but it’s going to the PGA and LIV, so both are heavily involved. Three Masters Champions in the top 10, and the individual and team decisions coming down to the final putts on the final hole made for spectacular competition. If it’s the more casual atmosphere you dislike, or the shotgun format, thats a personal decision, but for me I enjoy and embrace the differences.[/QUOTE]

Refreshing point of view!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
LIV golf tournament with Elvin Sam Norman
Pros and cons of attending LIV golf tournament in Orlando.
When we arrived had no idea which parking lot we were suppise to park in. We went to wrong parking lot. The officer told us we had to turn around and go back to where we came from. I asked if there was any handicap parking, He didn't know so we went to the 1st parking lot. We asked 3 people if there was handicapped parking. Nobody knew so they parked us in this big field. We had to walk probably 300 yd to front entrance to go through security. Took about 30 minutes to get through security, even though they had 4 separate lines, because line was so long. Then we had to walk about another 3 or 400 yd to number 9 green. They did have a handicap spot set up for handicapped people by number 9 green. Just about all the spots were taken. We had a hard time watching when the players got on the green because all the cameras were right in our way. It got pretty hot once the clouds were not blocking the sun. One of the volunteers walked by we asked him where could we get some water? He said how many do you need I said too? He said I'll be right back. He came back in about 10 minutes with 2 Cold bottles of water which was really nice we thank them a lot. We were told when we came in that when we were ready to leave to go over to the Ada shack and they will give us a ride back to the parking lo. so we walked over to the Ada shack. We had to wait 30 minutes before somebody. Finally came around in a golf cart to give us a ride back to the parking lot. Was not very well organized we did get to see some of our favorite players. Very casual took a little get used to the different format. We heard a lot of people complaining about the disorganization. Don't think I'll be attending anymore LIV tournaments
I attended all 3 days of this tournament and loved every single minute of the experience. Bought our tickets online and received very clear directions on the day before the event to the parking area for us. We showed up about 11:30 every day and had no line to wait in for entry to the golf course. The sandy parking areas were a bummer for walking in for sure.
We walked around a lot; entered at the 8th tee and visited the practice areas for putting and the driving range. We were able to get close to the players and see what goes into their practice routine. Very interesting.
Fabulous event!! Not perfect, but I came with no expectations other than seeing great golfers do their thing. Expectations exceeded!!
Got autographs from Phil Mickelson, Pat Perez, Greg Norman, Cameron Smith, Carlos Ortiz and Sam Horsfield. Fist bumps from Bryson DeChambeau and Mito Pereira.
We sat at the par 3 eighth hole green and watched half of the field come through before wandering the course. If another one of these events comes close to us, I’ll be going!! My wife says she’s only going on the last day next time 😂
Old 04-04-2023, 08:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,187 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemotay View Post
I attended all 3 days of this tournament and loved every single minute of the experience. Bought our tickets online and received very clear directions on the day before the event to the parking area for us. We showed up about 11:30 every day and had no line to wait in for entry to the golf course. The sandy parking areas were a bummer for walking in for sure.
We walked around a lot; entered at the 8th tee and visited the practice areas for putting and the driving range. We were able to get close to the players and see what goes into their practice routine. Very interesting.
Fabulous event!! Not perfect, but I came with no expectations other than seeing great golfers do their thing. Expectations exceeded!!
Got autographs from Phil Mickelson, Pat Perez, Greg Norman, Cameron Smith, Carlos Ortiz and Sam Horsfield. Fist bumps from Bryson DeChambeau and Mito Pereira.
We sat at the par 3 eighth hole green and watched half of the field come through before wandering the course. If another one of these events comes close to us, I’ll be going!! My wife says she’s only going on the last day next time 😂
That is the exact experience most everyone has had with LIV Events.

The are well managed, accessible, convenient, easy to see who you want to see and most of all, fun for the fans. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Might be fun to go there once for the on site experience. But I'm not a fan of the whole format I've seen on YouTube and CW TV. Horrible announcers, silly interviews and forced "excitement". Silly team names, pros playing in short pants, and the drone of muzak playing on the course. 3 rounds, shotgun start, no cuts, and the last place 13 over par player collecting a check for $120,000. Can't blame the players for taking the money and following the script though. Many would have to work much harder and make far less on the PGA Tour.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, phil, watch, experience, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.