What Pro Sports Venues have you been in that don't exist anymore

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Totally gone?

Boston Garden.
Shea Stadium.

Gone but still standing (no major pro teams playing there anymore)

Kezar Stadium (SF) - still standing but I saw a 49ers/Redskins game there in the late 1960s.
Olympic Stadium in Montreal - no Expos and only the occasional CFL or soccer game.

FYI - Jarry Park is still standing but it's a tennis venue now, called "Uniprix Stadium"
How about the Old Providence Arena home of Providence Reds hockey and the Celtics would play about 6/12 games a year there.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Sage

My list is:
1. Yankee Stadium - saw Dave Righetti's no-hitter on July 4. Tom Seaver's 300th win when pitching for the White Sox, (only time I rooted against my Yankees). My son wanted to go to David Cone's perfect game but I had to go to another family function and sadly missed it, (Yogi Berra Day - my favorite ballplayer).
2. Shea Stadium - The Mets Tom Seaver struck out 19 Padres.
3. Riverfront Stadium - Pete Rose
4. Meadowlands Staium - Giants
5. Boston Garden - A tour before they tore it down. Watch the Celtics many times on television and at one time was my favorite basketball team in the Bob Cousy era. I remember his behind the back passes. It seemed like he was doing magic.
New Haven Colliseum - Hockey?

I can't think of any others.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.