What is your favorite - and least favorite sport

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default What is your favorite - and least favorite sport

My favorite sport is College Football. I love the campus atmosphere, the bands, the pom pom squads and cheerleaders, the alumni, the autumn weather, the tailgating, the rivalries, the school colors...............

My least favorite sport is Pro Basketball. I played and coached basketball for years and am a big fan of high school and college basketball, but pro basketball offends me. The pro game is not played or officiated in the way the game was meant to be. It is an ugly game as contrasted to the balletic beauty of the amateur game in my opinion. Actually the money and greed in professional sports in general has turned me off.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

I can't decide between polo and soccer as my favorite. Love watching the horses at polo and enjoy watching the endurance of the soccer players. These sports woud be followed by baseball, then football and then basketball. My least favorite sport is boxing...just too brutal..makes no sense to me.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

My favorite sport is college football. We love tailgating and being around all those adoring fans. It's also fun just to sit with friends at a sports bar and cheer for our favorite teams (ours are Auburn and Virginia Tech). My least favorite sport is a toss up between bowling and boxing.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

My favorite sport is Major League Baseball. Has been since I was 6 years old. I love the Cincinnati Reds, but I watch games just because I love the beauty of the sport.

My least favorite sport is.....................synchronized swimming? Seriously, I love sports and all the others come in second.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,070 Posts

Professional Football (NFL) would be my favorite. Professional Baseball is a little too slow. Talk about slow. I never learned to play golf so I have little interest in actually watching it. I know, I know. Blasphemous in the Villages to not like golf with all these golf courses. Kind of like living in Hollywood and not liking movies all that much. Do love movies though, even ones about golf like Tin Cup, Caddyshack, The Greatest Game Ever Played, The Legend of ****** Vance, etc. http://www.sportsinmovies.com/golf-movies.asp
Old 10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Sage

Favorite is Soccer - continuous action without commercials every other minute.

Never watch Pro Basketball or Curling/Ice Hockey.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Favorite: Golf
Least Favorite: Tennis
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Email Reported As Spam

My favorite sport is golf. My least favorite sport is basketball
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Sage

Favorite is golf. Least favorite is boxing.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Because I played and coached,high school and college basketball that is number 1 for me.Have a special love for the game being that for 30 years I was so close to the game and players.Still attend many high school and college games and meet up with so many friends.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Gold member

I have to say Baseball. Yes, it has slowed down to a crawl. Sometimes pitchers are changed every other batter (or more). But, I grew up with it and still love my NEW YORK YANKEES !

Second I would have to say is Golf - which I never watched until I started playing and realize just how good the pros are.

Third - Football

My least favorite? - Is curling truly a sport ???? No offense intended to those who like it.

Last edited by ugotme; 10-26-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Eternal Member

Favorites: Rhythmic gymnastics and dressage. I'm fact, rumor has it that ABC is going to feature a show, Dancing with the Ponies, hosted by Mr. Ed.

Least Favorite: Election Year Marathon Babble.

Oh, I also have developed a fondness for girls beach volleyball, but not in terms of winning or losing....it's the aesthetics.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Sage

Most favorite is pro football. I can't believe the season is almost half over.

Least favorite is car racing. I don't seem to be able to watch cars go round a circle for two hours.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,070 Posts
Default Curling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
I have to say Baseball. Yes, it has slowed down to a crawl. Sometimes pitchers are changed every other batter (or more). But, I grew up with it and still love my NEW YORK YANKEES !

Second I would have to say is Golf - which I never watched until I started playing and realize just how good the pros are.

Third - Football

My least favorite? - Is curling truly a sport ???? No offense intended to those who like it.
Really like curling. Seemed to be a sport they played at the U of Denver as I remember walking past the curling equipment to get to the weightlifting stations. Had no idea what curling was back then though.

Like watching curling in the Winter Olympics. One of the more interesting sports as it is a lot like bocce ball.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-26-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Most favorite is pro football. I can't believe the season is almost half over.

Least favorite is car racing. I don't seem to be able to watch cars go round a circle for two hours.
If you remember the formula for Work, it's force x distance. In other words, a race car, Nascar or otherwise usually starts a race in the same spot as they finish having done absolutely no work in the process. You could say the same thing about golf! (It's just a joke)
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.