Where to watch Euro 2012 football (soccer)

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Default Where to watch Euro 2012 football (soccer)

Arriving in TV tomorrow June 15. Will any pubs or sports bars be showing the Euro matches this weekend?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold member

God,I hope not. Just to boring...........
Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM

PaulandJean, First rounds can be but things will start to heat up as we head into the knockout stages. I relize it might not be your "cup of tea" but football (soccer) remains the most popular sport on the planet.
I'm definitely not going to recommend cricket to you!!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
God,I hope not. Just to boring...........
A totally inappropriate response to a valid question.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

Try Gators Dockside in Spanish Springs. They have at least a dozen TVs and the bartenders are usually willing to put on whatever sporting events are requested on at least one or two of the screens.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 06-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Platinum member

My grandson follows World Soccer. He's fun to talk to. Knows all the players, how much they are paid. He's fun to watch when he is watching a game. Takes it all very seriously. He records every game.
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Avista; 06-14-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Same for Beef O'Bradys. Lots of TV's and the bartenders/waitresses will usually put on whatever channel you want. This year, all matches are on ESPN and ESPN2, so you can even invite friends over and watch from the comfort of your living room. Soccer is one of the most exciting sports to watch, IMHO. I've seen almost every match, so far. Gators Dockside is probably better to see the games than Beef OBradys but it's just another option.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:16 AM

Many thanks for all the responses. I have attended each of the last 4 Euro's spanning 16 years, so I'm missing the full stadiums with wild, passionate, and dedicated fans of the game.
Instead I'll be locked in with the design team here at TV putting together our dream retirement home.
Cheers.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Gold member

bdabob, I was in your situation for this year's Superbowl. I was in Brazil (Rio) on business and we heard of a local sports pub that would be showing it. We went there, ate a mediocre pub dinner, but all three of their TV's were on soccer matches. At the time the Superbowl was scheduled to start we asked the bartender if he would change one TV to the Superbowl. After a minute of scowling and b****ing, he did change it for us. I hope you get a better attitude here in the USA.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
bdabob, I was in your situation for this year's Superbowl. I was in Brazil (Rio) on business and we heard of a local sports pub that would be showing it. We went there, ate a mediocre pub dinner, but all three of their TV's were on soccer matches. At the time the Superbowl was scheduled to start we asked the bartender if he would change one TV to the Superbowl. After a minute of scowling and b****ing, he did change it for us. I hope you get a better attitude here in the USA.
Before moving to TV we lived in Panama, where soccer (and to a lesser extent, baseball) are still king. While I had satellite, the Central/South American satellite provider only carried the ESPN version that showed soccer 24/7. Fortunately the local gringo bar had a Slingbox so we were able to watch college football games and NBA games. They did always keep one of their TVs tuned to soccer for the locals to enjoy their soccer fix.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 06-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdabob View Post
Arriving in TV tomorrow June 15. Will any pubs or sports bars be showing the Euro matches this weekend?
Bonifay had ir on 3 very large tvs and golf on only one...go figure

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.