Will Covid restrict the best player in US Open?

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2022, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
It doesn’t make any difference if he is ranked #7 or #107 he knows the rules. Pro’s aren’t automatically in tournaments, they’re guest!
Top ten draw crowds in individual pro sports, it does make difference when fans are paying hundred dollars or more to see them. Nobody cares about player ranked 150 except for his circle. Don’t make any difference with team sports either. Nobody pays big bucks to see last place team play except fanatics.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Nothing is 100%. Vaccines help reduce the spread.
No they don't.

Many people who have been vaccinated have regrets.

Almost no one who has refused to get the shot(s) has regrets.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodyssey View Post
No they don’t.

And I’m sure you have all sorts of reliable data to back up those statements.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
And I’m sure you have all sorts of reliable data to back up those statements.

I do.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
No they don't.

Seriously, hard to prove the part about people not regretting since many (most?) of them are dead, so it could be said they have no regrets about anything I guess.

Consider the charts attached for the Month of March this year -

Death Rate among those unvaccinated is 1.17 deaths per 100,000
Death Rate among those vaccinated is 0.2 deaths per 100,000
Death Rate among those boosted also is 0.1 deaths per 100,000

Vaccines DO work, Vaccines DO reduce the spread, Vaccines DO reduce the death rate. But, believe the veterinarians uncles cousins gardener if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	covidDeaths_graphic_d1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	94433   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	covidDeaths_graphic_d2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	94434  
Old 07-13-2022, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
I watched some of Wimbledon the last week and the men’s winner was Novak Djokovic, a great player - perhaps the best ever.

But. He may very well be banned from playing at the upcoming US Open tournament. Solely because he does not want to be Covid vaccinated. Solely.

I find this to be outrageous. So year 2000 and 2021. If the US Open officials do maintain this stand, WTF?

Wimbeldon did ban Russian players, so be it to condemn Russia’s actions. But if Novak’s possible ban is held for him here what a stupid decision. IMO
I don't find this outrageous at all. He would be endangering the lives and health of all fo the other players and possibly the fans.

What I find outrageous is his refusal to get vaccinated.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:13 AM
Default Worhtless Vaccine is a Big Pharma money-maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. Suppose we spent billions of dollars developing a vaccine, and everyone refused to take it?
A Vaccine that needs booster after booster ($$$$ money for Pharma) and that you still GET and TRANSMIT the virus. What a joke! The whole thing is/was a scam.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I do.
Ahhhh. So that’s why you shared so much data with the rest of us. I see.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't find this outrageous at all. He would be endangering the lives and health of all fo the other players and possibly the fans.

What I find outrageous is his refusal to get vaccinated.
OMG. It’s difficult for me to believe if your “endangering” comment is a joke or not. If it’s not …. Yikes.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
OMG. It’s difficult for me to believe if your “endangering” comment is a joke or not. If it’s not …. Yikes.
Yikes??? Hundreds of millions of people around the world have been vaccinated with minimal adverse affects. I personally know at least 100 of them and I haven't heard of anyone who regrets it.

There is a small fringe group that you evidently belong to that doesn't believe in this life saving medication.

It saved my life and the lives of millions of others. It is because of this vaccine that we are almost at heard immunity for the original and Delta strains. New vaccines have been developed to deal with the newer variants and eventually. because of the vaccines, it will be totally eradicated.

Keep believing in conspiracy theories if you'd like but I believe that Oswald acted alone and al Queda operatives sent by Osama bin Laden destroyed The World Trade Center.

And please don't act like the vast majority of people are crazy when you are part of a radical fringe minority.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimpson View Post
A Vaccine that needs booster after booster ($$$$ money for Pharma) and that you still GET and TRANSMIT the virus. What a joke! The whole thing is/was a scam.
We need booster after booster because so many refused to be vaccinated, which resulted in a plethora of hosts available for the virus to incubate and mutate in, resulting in variants that require updates/boosters.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yikes??? Hundreds of millions of people around the world have been vaccinated with minimal adverse affects. I personally know at least 100 of them and I haven't heard of anyone who regrets it.

There is a small fringe group that you evidently belong to that doesn't believe in this life saving medication.

It saved my life and the lives of millions of others. It is because of this vaccine that we are almost at heard immunity for the original and Delta strains. New vaccines have been developed to deal with the newer variants and eventually. because of the vaccines, it will be totally eradicated.

Keep believing in conspiracy theories if you'd like but I believe that Oswald acted alone and al Queda operatives sent by Osama bin Laden destroyed The World Trade Center.

And please don't act like the vast majority of people are crazy when you are part of a radical fringe minority.
You left out the minor little tiny detail that it is BECAUSE so many refused to get vaccinated that we are in this seemingly endless series of boosters - variant after variant spawning thanks to a large population of virgin hosts to take up living and mutating in.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
We need booster after booster because so many refused to be vaccinated, which resulted in a plethora of hosts available for the virus to incubate and mutate in, resulting in variants that require updates/boosters.
Most vaccines require a booster. I don’t know that in this case it’s the reason that boosters are required. Also, boosters have been developed to deal with new variants.
As has been pointed out the death rate among those vaccinated is much lower than that of the unvaccinated. The rate of hospitalization is much lower as well. Somewhere around 98% if all deaths attributed to this virus have been among unvaccinated people. 99% of hospitalizations have been among the unvaccinated.
I was one of the rare cases that was hospitalized after having both shots. I was also one of the very rare cases that had such severe symptoms including hypoxia that survived.

Old 07-13-2022, 01:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Most vaccines require a booster. I don’t know that in this case it’s the reason that boosters are required. Also, boosters have been developed to deal with new variants.
As has been pointed out the death rate among those vaccinated is much lower than that of the unvaccinated. The rate of hospitalization is much lower as well. Somewhere around 98% if all deaths attributed to this virus have been among unvaccinated people. 99% of hospitalizations have been among the unvaccinated.
I was one of the rare cases that was hospitalized after having both shots. I was also one of the very rare cases that had such severe symptoms including hypoxia that survived.
Glad to hear you did survive, sorry you had such a bad case.

And yes, 20 times more death rate for people unvaccinated compared to people with booster shots. I would say that is significant.

And one last, over 4 billion people world wide have been vaccinated. So, either that is a big enough test group of guinea pigs or we have some serious **** going on.

Sadly, for many, if the vaccine is not 100% effective in preventing the virus then it is useless. Meanwhile, the common good is not ever mentioned any more...
Old 07-13-2022, 03:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:

I just love how some, behind their Brainiac keyboards assume, yep good choice of word- about others. I have been vaxed twice and boosted twice. My choice. But I know others who choose not to, like Novak. Some of those like him have gotten Covid perhaps mildly and have antibodies. Some have valid reasons to not be vaxed. And of course there are huge numbers of completely vaxed that have gotten Covid more than once.

But some proponents simply must believe that all must be vaxed or they are a threat. Omg

Personally it makes no sense to continue the diatribes, both sides. I as the OP simply wanted to put out there, is it fair to deny Novak a shot at the US Open. Period. But some here simply must try to divide and conquer.

I for one feel the Covid is in control and hey- let’s try to get back to some normalcy.

Without nutty insinuations here. Let it be man. Yikes
Closed Thread

Tags
open, covid, ban, solely, player

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.